Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 05:36:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entry List  (Read 9092 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2004, 11:46:54 am »

Well, it's getting nearer and nearer. Anyone fancy a stab at the grid?

Will the ACO let Henri on the boat?
How many privateer Audis? (4, I reckon)
A couple of TVR's and a lone Lister, with no spares, obviously.
A Harper sponsored Morgan
Two RFH Dome
A customer Panoz LMP1 (Labre?)
Robbo's old Focus

The GTS race was worth following last time, any Veloqx this year, they've been pretty quiet, presumably Corvette will still be coming. Any info on the US teams Fax? (Fax, whose posts I always enjoy, - Matt, I need to know more about 'The Death Grip') And Rick, what about UK news!

There you are, I've gone through a whole post without mentioning private parts...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 11:52:22 am »

There you are, I've gone through a whole post without mentioning private parts...
H

What about private ears!!!!  Roll Eyes  <ducking for cover>  Grin Grin
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:01:05 pm »

I think the aco had a provisional list on their website but I am Firewalled out at work.  No real surprises in LMP but the GT+GTS categories looked interesting.

website for those of you that don't know is www.lemans.org .

Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 01:01:00 pm »

Big H, had a look around on the web and Aysedasi has had a go,

The UK Audi team line ups are wrong if Sebring is anything to go by.

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1552

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk/2004/2004entry.htm

Abs

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Fax
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 02:21:45 pm »

Hi H,
Regarding the US teams, I had heard rumors that Dyson Racing were contemplating a LM assualt with their Lola-MG's.  This would be a nice addition to the entry as I think they, of any of the teams using the Lola-MG combo really have it sorted and flying.  Last year they were giving the Audi squads all they could handle in the ALMS.  Its now widely accepted that Alex Job racing are getting more than a little factory support from Porsche, so much support that they have lost, or are on the verge losing their privateer status in ALMS.  The new Barron Conner team is an interesting new addition, fielding a pair of new Ferrari 575's is ambitious but the inclusion of one Daniel John Sullivan on the driving strength will promise plenty of media exposure, even if Danny is a bit past his sell by date as a serious racing driver.
John
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 05:51:02 pm »

Matt, I need to know more about 'The Death Grip')

Hello H
Fax's 'Cold Hand of Death' is a worrisome phenomenon (that I've been chastised for, on this illustrious forum for making light of, so I need to tread carefully) that has manifest itself rather too frequently, in recent times
'Ol Fax likes to do the pit-walk thing, - he can recognise all the drivers - whereas they all look like identical swarthy, over-paid little f**k*rs with expensive sunglasses to me. It is a proven fact that if Fax lays a hand on a driver, his days are numbered. His slaps on the back, handshakes and wishes of good luck in the forthcoming race have been the undoing of noteables, Bob Wolleck, Dale Earnhardt and Michaele Albereto, I'm sad to report.
Unfortunately, there are others who have been blighted by Fax's touch, who quite frankly, are living on borrowed time.
I do not wish to name names for fear of precipitating anyone's premature advancement into the afterlife, however I wouldn't like to be in David Brabham or Jan Lammers racing boots.
I have it on reliable authority that a photograph taken of Fax, buddying up to Ron Fellows at Road Atlanta, when developed, contained only an image of the venerable Ron.
Mmmmwhahahahahaha!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 06:03:07 pm »

Hi Big H, Corvette will be there. ALMS Champions get na invite. Running on Michelins this year which are faster than the previous tyres plus they will no doubt have found more horsepower.
Canada Phil
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 06:48:12 pm »

Thanks for the info fellas, have a good'un this weekend, and remember to wear sensible trousers.
Fax, if I get to meet you in June, do you mind terribly if we don't shake hands? Nothing personal...
Except I too read Edgar Allen Poe when I was a nipper, and I can see me lying sweating in my tent, eyeballs bulging, sweat beading on my head, and that damned duh-dunk, duh-dunk, duh-dunk drowning out the sound of the cars.
I'll bring a monkeys hand to be on the safe side.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fax
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 07:05:16 pm »

No sweat H,
Funny thing, some guys seem to be immune to it though.  I've met Mario Andretti probably dozens of times over the years and he always walked away unscathed.  But come come to think of it, he's had some bizarre sh*t happen to him when leading the Indy 500 over the years.
John
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 07:08:22 pm »

Well, it's getting nearer and nearer. Anyone fancy a stab at the grid?

Robbo's old Focus

H

H , The old Focus is gone ....

Alas this is my new steed, although mine is in white......

Couldnt catch a cold with this..... although it does have 27 speeds...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Take life by the horns and live it.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 07:15:22 pm »

Dammit! I knew he was a f**k*ng copper! Talk about "The Enemy Within"!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 07:18:02 pm »

Dammit! I knew he was a f**cking copper! Talk about "The Enemy Within"!

I actually never said i am , i am just going to get a white version of THAT bike !

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 08:12:04 pm »

Yeah, right Robbo - or should I say "Officer". Nicked anyone for driving in a bus lane today, have we - bit of a mason are we, funny handshake and all that? "M'lud, the accused persistently assaulted my boot with his face, before he fell down the cell steps" That's how it works , is it?
All this clap-trap about how sneaky the Hants Constabulary is, when all along, he's f**k*ng one of 'em!
Shame on you, Rozzer!

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 08:17:06 pm »

Yeah, right Robbo - or should I say "Officer". Nicked anyone for driving in a bus lane today, have we - bit of a mason are we, funny handshake and all that? "M'lud, the accused persistently assaulted my boot with his face, before he fell down the cell steps" That's how it works , is it?
All this clap-trap about how sneaky the Hants Constabulary is, when all along, he's f**cking one of 'em!
Shame on you, Rozzer!

Poke it up your @rse sideways....

I still hate Traffic Coppers with Radar guns, and yes i do have a friend who works for Hampsire Plod, quite a few in fact.

Stories.... Not posting them, will discuss over Alcohol in June

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 03:46:58 pm »

He's a copper - I'm telling you!
Here's what's going to happen, you mark my words. This T Shirt thing is a sly trick to identify us. You just wait.
He's going to be standing at the dockside in his tall hat and shiney boots, with a couple of Transits and a few of his facist colleagues, rounding us all up on trumped-up motoring offences.
It'll be "Anyone in a Club Arnage T shirt - this is going to be an easy pinch". He's probably notified all his French rozzer-cronies to do the same.
Robbo SPS? - SPG more likely.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: