Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:32:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sebring  (Read 53288 times)
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2004, 02:24:31 pm »

Sorry Andy just trying to make life a little more difficult.   Wink

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Fax
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2004, 02:32:54 pm »

I suspect Matt will be getting into the office any minute now.  This should be an entertaining morning.  Anyone have a clue as to what the f**k was spraying out of the front of the Morgan everytime it accelerated out of the hairpin?  Looked like the bastard was going to scatter any minute.  Would've been alarming to be the driver sitting there waiting to be clobbered in the face by connecting rods.  Wasn't terribly fast but was fun to watch, especially at night, it was a great flamer on over-run.
John
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2004, 02:35:57 pm »

I suspect Matt will be getting into the office any minute now.  This should be an entertaining morning.  

Wasn't terribly fast but was fun to watch, especially at night, it was a great flamer on over-run.
John

It was probably the wooden chassis on fire Fax.

Do you think MH will be amused as to my likening him to a TV comic?

PS Glad you all had a great time at See-bring. Followed it on the box, but I hadn't previously realised quite what a tough and bumpy curcuit it is.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 02:40:19 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2004, 02:49:26 pm »

Talking of Morgan's and things going wrong...

which of these has the Union Jack upside down?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fax
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2004, 03:00:28 pm »

Hi Andy,
That guy does look like Matt!  For sure, Sebring is a car buster.  Fast and bumpy as hell.  The drivers all look shattered when they finish a stint.  After the 4 Vette packed up, we found Jan Magnassun hanging out with the party'ers out at turn ten knocking back a few cold ones.  Probably trying to drown his aching muscles.  Was a great time, Sebring is such a blast.
John
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2004, 03:20:47 pm »

-and you had the nerve to have a go at my stringbacks.....
H

Mornin' H. You will be relieved to learn that none of those feet are mine - and t'was I that flamed your stringbacks - and therefore must take the repercussions - review pix and find something to slag me off on - I can take it.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2004, 03:24:40 pm »

I can't tell you how hurt I feel by your cruel comments, Robbo. You really know how to cut a guy down to size. I'm hubbled, truly hubbled.

Hey Matt, are you saying you are hung like a telescope?

No - I was saying that Robbo can't spell worth a sh*t - but his jokes are quite funny, once you can see through the bitter, venomous diatribe. Good for you Robbo, at least you speak your mind!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2004, 03:31:17 pm »

Has anyone else noticed the similarity between our correspondent Harper M and TV funnyman Phil Jupitus?

Piccies below; one is of a goatee bearded, somewhat chubby, lovable humourous gentleman. The other is of a fat tw at from Yorkshire.

You are not the first person to mention this Andy - I have also been likened to both Bob Carolgees and Ricky Gervais - I always thought I looked more like Antonio Banderas, but my modesty prevented me from broadcasting this view.
On a more serious note, I think your last sentence was quite nasty and personally hurtful. I wish to make it clear, so that there are no misunderstandings on this matter, that I am not from Yorkshire - I merely lived there for a time.

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2004, 04:05:51 pm »

There was an aero 8 parked at the bottom of our road yesterday, and for the first time I got a close up look at one.
It's a terrible mistake, without doubt.
The windscreen is flat and rectangular ("aero" my a*se, whatever that stands for surely it can't be "aerodynamic". Aerosol maybe.). It gives it a certain Land Rover Defender air. The doors don't actually fit into a hole, which is something that most manufacturers seem to have decided is a good thing. Instead, the doors close over the hole, so they have a flapping, non flush trailing edge. There must be a reason for this? Perhaps this is the part of the assembly process that the factory cat is in charge of. The screws that hold the bottom edge of the wings onto the chassis have not been subjected to any attempt to have their heads hidden. I made a bogey when I was twelve, that I'm sure had neater edges. The marriage of attempted modern styling and traditional details is not a happy one, generally you have to scratch your head while looking at it.
Well done for finishing Sebring though, I'm just not sure what it all means...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2004, 04:15:44 pm »

Hi Matt

Please forgive me, I was trying to be ironic. I was attempting to imply that Jupitus is a fat tw at and that you are a humourous dilitante, even though you may happen to be a bit little on the "big boned" side. No offence was personally intended and I unreservedly apologise if any was taken. And anyway I know you are really from Cheshire. Respek is due.

I can't see the Carolgees in you mind, less so the Gervais. Maybe a little bit of Peter Kay though and definitly Danny Mills, the sports commentator and journo.  Actually I retract the Mills comment, Mills is gay and this fact is likely to lead to further needless hurt on your part.

Now can we please get back to slagging each other off in the time honoured tradition?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2004, 04:22:31 pm »

....I think your last sentence was quite nasty and personally hurtful. I wish to make it clear, so that there are no misunderstandings on this matter, that I am not from Yorkshire - I merely lived there for a time.

Grin - Good one.  I thought being acused of being a Yarksha native would fire you up.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2004, 05:13:09 pm »

The nearest flag ( and spelt wight 2 )

Take life by the horns and live it.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2004, 05:16:36 pm »

I can't tell you how hurt I feel by your cruel comments, Robbo. You really know how to cut a guy down to size. I'm hubbled, truly hubbled.

Hey Matt, are you saying you are hung like a telescope?

No - I was saying that Robbo can't spell worth a sh**t - but his jokes are quite funny, once you can see through the bitter, venomous diatribe. Good for you Robbo, at least you speak your mind!

Neber tought how 2 spel. fik as fok me

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2004, 07:15:57 pm »

The nearest flag ( and spelt wight 2 )

I thought the correct way was broadest white band uppermost on the left hand side. Bearing in mind the flagpole is on the right as we look, that makes it the left as the flag flies. So the nearest flag is the correct one and the other is upside down. (I think!!  Roll Eyes )
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2004, 07:40:06 pm »

There was an aero 8 parked at the bottom of our road yesterday, and for the first time I got a close up look at one.
It's a terrible mistake, without doubt.
The windscreen is flat and rectangular ("aero" my a*se, whatever that stands for surely it can't be "aerodynamic". Aerosol maybe.). It gives it a certain Land Rover Defender air. The doors don't actually fit into a hole, which is something that most manufacturers seem to have decided is a good thing. Instead, the doors close over the hole, so they have a flapping, non flush trailing edge. There must be a reason for this? Perhaps this is the part of the assembly process that the factory cat is in charge of. The screws that hold the bottom edge of the wings onto the chassis have not been subjected to any attempt to have their heads hidden. I made a bogey when I was twelve, that I'm sure had neater edges. The marriage of attempted modern styling and traditional details is not a happy one, generally you have to scratch your head while looking at it.
Well done for finishing Sebring though, I'm just not sure what it all means...
H

H - your (well earned) status as "Golden Balls" of the CA Forums allows you to make a posting like this and not be subjected to an hysterical tirade of protest from the Morgan Booster Club.
Your observations, however accurate and thoughtful, are tantamount to blasphemy and you are risking relegation from all round Good Egg, with slightly eccentric tendencies, to traitorous, unpatriotic, baby-eating monster, who must be destroyed.
Both Morgan and TVR (sorry about this, hgb) are outclassed, if last weekend's performance is anything to go by.
At risk of repeating myself, I think that most teams go sportscar racing for one of two reasons. One, to win and two, to enjoy the experience of participation. If you race for reason 2, it is hardly reasonable to expect the fans to pay for your enjoyment. Variety is the spice of life and an entire GT grid of 996's would be very dull, but the Aero 8 is not worthy of GT status in a world championship event, when there are cars like Astons, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos etc. etc., that can actually keep up with a Porker.
The ACO once bumped a Morgan from scrutineering because it looked "old fahioned". Dare I say it, one of the few sensible decisions those clowns have made in recent years.......    

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: