Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 04:39:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sebring  (Read 53325 times)
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2004, 08:50:50 pm »

Matt's previous comments about the end of the race are classic.  Praying for it all to end.  This is something that if you only head to Le Mans you sometimes don't fully appreciate vs. the Petit or Sebring that end late into the night.  Here's a shot from a couple of Sebring's ago that's all smiles after a punishing several days.  Basically a horrible piss-up the day and night before the race and then through to the bitter end.  God, I love this event.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2004, 08:55:34 pm »

And here's the Moose the same year - bake for 5 hours at 400 degrees and then add a light sprinkling of seasoning.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2004, 09:46:05 pm »

And Smokie, last year, contemplating what threads to delete when he got home from Sebring.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2004, 05:19:09 pm »

I'm back, somewhat jet lagged and supposed to be working...

Terrific trip, despite poor weather for Monday and Tuesday in Daytona. Race day was cloudy, on and off, but not wet or cold!

Thanks to Pidge and Canada Phil for their assistance with equipment and vittals...to the Harpers and Fax for the loan of the Pit tickets...to Chris24 (who will no doubt relay some of his excellent stories later this week) for getting Phil and I VIP access to the Turn 10 group, and to Phil for introducing me to Ron Fellowes before he went out to win the GTS class (and also Max Papis for almost running me down in a buggy!)

I screwed up in that I intended getting ALL CA t shirt owners together for a group picture, which never happened.

Anyway here are a few other pics that may be of interest...

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2004, 05:24:25 pm »

A Daytona Parking lot on Tuesday...

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2004, 05:26:41 pm »

This one will assist you identifying the Harpers, Fax and the Moose from the back...

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2004, 05:32:13 pm »

Phil always was one for the laydeez......  Wink

Actually, you can see on his hand a rather nasty injury, which was an insect bite that went bad. The race medics did their stuff on him, but one unfortunate side effect was that he was unable to drink alcohol due to the medication... The ladies here were with our group (I think Pidge had the whole of his extended family there this year!!) and as qualified nurse types were able to reset bandages etc.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2004, 05:39:49 pm »

And lastly for now...our camp in the throes of being erected. Phil is on the right, Pidge is centre and Chris is on the left, scratching his arse with a tent peg by the looks...

Pidge had the banner made up specially for the event, and has given it to me to be used at Le Mans this year. If anyone who will be arriving early can fashion some pipework for it to be raised upon, that would be excellent.

Having been through my pics, I am disappointed that I have very few "people" pics so hopefully once Phil or Chris get home we will get to see some more.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2004, 05:43:05 pm »

Nice one Smokie:

Obviously it was great seeing you guys too.  What the hell was Phil doing with his hand in a fire ant hill is what I want to know?

He and Pidgeon appeared to on "harder stuff" than beer all weekend in terms of prescription meds!

Attached are a couple of pics - what a great race this is.

Matt's dream car impressed me.  That Aero 8 was smoking like a steam engine in the Safety Pin 6 hours in and was still honking around at the end.

Great to see everyone!

Dave

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2004, 05:44:34 pm »

Matt, Phil and Smokie taking in some sun.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2004, 05:48:51 pm »

Mid-trudge around the track.  All along the stretch after the hairpin are some fantastic vantage points - especially with the sun going down.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2004, 05:53:15 pm »

And finally, a quick shot of my new car parked behind the pits.  It was a bastard getting the beer cooler in it.

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2004, 06:38:54 pm »

Dave - can i have the keys back to my car now please??

I only lent it to you to go round the block - how did you get it all the way to Sebring for gods sake?   Shocked

Nice pics though  Wink

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2004, 11:49:18 pm »

Hmmm, I'm really not sure how I feel about having my physical identity exposed to all - I've had a few run-ins on this forum and I'm slightly nervous about CA psychopaths being able to recognise me - but on reflection, I don't f**k*ng care - and if you want to make something of it, I'm the fair haired one with the glasses.

Another thoroughly enjoyable weekend (I need another weekend to get over this one). Great to see Phil, Smokey, Chris and the entire flock of Pigeons.

I'm going to put my hands up and eat humble pie on the Morgan. The car and the team gave a great account of themselves and should earn a place at Le Mans on the strength of their effort. It was a little pedestrian, but made it to the finish, which is an accomplishment in itself. Likewise 50% of the TVR effort made it to the end, albeit rather slowly.
Corvettes totally outclassed everything in GTS - even after the # 4 car's clutch failed, putting it out of the race. This car started from the back of the grid, due to an aero infringement in qualifying. 40 minutes after the start, it had made up more than 25 places and was running immediately behind it's sister car. Highly impressive - and Ferrari should be worried for Le Mans.
All credit to Audi UK for the overall victory - my tip, the Champion car, tangled with a back marker and spent a lot of time behind the wall, so it's 4th quarter charge, that got it back up to 2nd at the flag was pretty hot stuff. It will keep the Veloqx guys from getting complacent at La Sarthe.
A great race, lots of fun, now for the biggie....  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2004, 12:26:37 am »

Matt, does this mean the humble pie is going to cost you £25, to sponsor a Morgan.
Great Pics.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: