Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 04:34:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Beausejour realy that bad  (Read 10992 times)
engineerjim
« on: February 14, 2004, 09:17:38 pm »

When I first started making the annual pilgrimage to the Lemans beer festival, ooops sorry I mean race, I camped just inside the track by the Dunlop bridge.  Ever since then I have had to accept tickets further and further away and this year it looks like its going to be Beausejour.

Is it really as bad as it is made out? Or is the literal translation of beautiful day true!!!  Cool
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 01:33:50 am »

Hi Jim, and welcome!!!!

Beausejour is a bit of a trek from the main village. It is near the Porsche Curves so as far as viewing is concerned it's not too bad. As far as I am aware (from others who have posted) it is  a generally flat site, with a  small shop/kiosk and a  small bar (Gibberish!?!?)

It's a bit too far away from the main area for my liking, but from waht I've heard, it's not too bad and certainly better than nothing!!

Wherever you stay, make sure you call by Maison Blanche for a  beer!!!!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 10:17:48 am »

a generally flat site, with a  small shop/kiosk and a  small bar (Gibberish!?!?)

Thank you for that invitation Mark Smiley          Jim, we stayed on Beausejour last year, and it's not that wonderful.  Bogs and Showers were a bit thin on the ground, and the terrain did have a few ruts, but is is a flat field.  Pretty big though.  the shop/bar thing that jpchenet refered to was infact a local entrepenneur who set up his burger van (to use and english equivalent) near the entrance to the site.  He had hot food on the go most of the day/night, and sold cans of COLD drink (beer incl.) at quite reasonable prices.  We spent some time sitting at the tables he had provided, swigging the nice COLD beer, and watching all the ill prepared campers queue up to purchase Monsieurs food.

To put it simply, slightly naff site Undecided with drinking facilities  Cheesy  20 minutes walk from circuit entrance by Maison Blanche.  Not the end of the world, and I'll be back there again this year.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 11:03:55 am »

Dont forget the Danish beer tent that has been there the last two years!  Brush up of your phrases : "ØL" will get you far  Grin and dont forget to say "Tak"

Beausejour is pretty good site and great for access in and out, and literaly a stones throw (if you have a good arm) from the Porsche Curves viewing area as Gibberish said.  There is a complimentary bus that runs from the entrance to Beausejour to near the circuit entrance just past Karting Nord which saves a long walk along side the road, which can get hairy...  A German camped next to us got twated by something last year and it was a right mess by all accounts, so use the bus, esp. when pissed!!  Cool

We decided that we dont want to be so far from the village this year so will be elsewhere.  But enjoy Beausehour, the atmosphere was good last year, and the firework display on the friday night that some kind chap put on went on for ages, was great entertainment and got the biggest cheer for fireworks I have heard yet!

I started my Le Mans experiences in the same site you did Jim, used to be great fun egging people on who drove round that bit of the Bugatti circuit just below the fence and watch them spin into the kitty litter  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:06:06 am by Dreamracers » Logged

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 01:30:29 pm »

BS has to be one of the largest campsites now since the dimise of a couple of the original campsites nearer the village.
Last year the organisers opened up the fields behind what was once a small little community of LeManers.
the veiwing at the curves is good for speed and challenges for the first of the curves from arnage.
I have the same opinion as Dreamracers( look him up if he's there this year, A brilliant host and great bunch to enjoy a good session with) the atmosphere and hospitality is second to none, the danes beer tent is a big asset, especially with the football of a couple of years ago and also the footy this year, they always have a large screen to go along with the large bar.
yes, there is a bit of a hike to the village, but so what, stop off at bleu on the way over with us for a beer then hook up with JP or others at MB.
The tip for a good shower there is to get there midday or take your own shower bags as there is sun sun sun, hardly any shade when the weather is good.
what ever you here or read from us you will form your own opinionafter your first weekend there.
i will be popin down for a beer or three, as i am in bleu this year, there are a lot of good friendships made on BS to got back for.

Andy
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 07:10:50 pm »

Thanks Andy, was good to meet up!

We'll be at the Shampoo Bar for sure this year and camping in MB for the first time  Grin  We'll have to try to make the trip out to say Hi....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
engineerjim
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 09:07:50 pm »

Thanks for the advice.  Looks as though it should be ok,  I like the idea of a beer van.

Have to  bring a gazebo thingy if its going to be hot.  8)Hopefully. Cool  

Will look forward to meeting you there Grin
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 09:56:06 pm »

I started my Le Mans experiences in the same site you did Jim, used to be great fun egging people on who drove round that bit of the Bugatti circuit just below the fence and watch them spin into the kitty litter  Cheesy

I also used to use this site (Tribune), was very interesting watched a 928s and a 190 merc end up in the litter the later had to be dragged out as he buried it in past his axles.

I think the best one was mid to late 90's when some young tw*t managed to get on the circuit about 6pm on the sunday - giving it great licks  around the new dunlop chicane, great until he came back the other way and clipped the kerb which was now raised and ripped the sump out of his car oh deary deary me.

Needless to say the crowd that had gathered on the other side of the wall had a good laugh.
Tyresmoke
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 10:28:54 am »

Thanks to a few on here looks like i will be able to get to LM  Grin Cool  Feel a little better now that the camping site i have been allocated isnt that bad.. supose like any camping its all in the preperation.... so thats beer, and shower bags i need... anything else? Roll Eyes Tongue
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 10:37:09 am »

anything else

Paddling/swimming pool to cool bodies and beer..............

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 10:38:23 am »

Thanks to a few on here looks like i will be able to get to LM  Grin Cool  Feel a little better now that the camping site i have been allocated isnt that bad.. supose like any camping its all in the preperation.... so thats beer, and shower bags i need... anything else? Roll Eyes Tongue

More beer!!!!   Grin
Tyresmoke
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 11:28:46 am »

More beer!!!!   Grin

I am noticing a trend... Grin ahaaa bottle opener too! Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 11:30:05 am »

ahaaa bottle opener too! Wink

No No No - buy the beer with the twist open top  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 11:44:03 am »

But watch out for the non twist bottle that always gets into the cooler, ripped open palms are no fun.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 11:46:56 am »

But watch out for the non twist bottle that always gets into the cooler, ripped open palms are no fun.

....or smashed teeth when you try to look 'cool' and open the bottle with your mouth  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: