Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 04:25:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been booked into the Maison Blanche campsite: what's it like?  (Read 12286 times)
mdt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2004, 03:45:10 am »

Seems like my motorhome was too big for the Houx, or however you spell it. So I was booked into the Maison Blanche campsite.

I recall from reading my Christmas present book on Le Mans that Maison Blanche was the site of the famous Whitehouse accident of 1066 or something.

Anyway, what's it like? Am I going to get any sleep? Grin
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 07:05:34 am »

Hi MDT,
           You won't like it! MB is full of WANKs and w**k*r's, Lunatic race fans. The Pope and his entourage to say nothing of the Commer or the odd mad Frenchman. Houx is huge in comparison so no idea why ACO should think there would be room for your motor home. Ofcourse if you get there early you could grab Felix's spot before the Chip Wagon rolls in.
Canada Phil The Moose and a w**k*r Grin
mdt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 07:23:12 am »

Hi MDT,
           You won't like it! MB is full of WANKs and w**k*r's, Lunatic race fans. The Pope and his entourage to say nothing of the Commer or the odd mad Frenchman. Houx is huge in comparison so no idea why ACO should think there would be room for your motor home. Ofcourse if you get there early you could grab Felix's spot before the Chip Wagon rolls in.
Canada Phil The Moose and a w**k*r Grin

I take it that it's good? Huh Grin
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 09:16:13 am »

...the famous Whitehouse accident of 1066 or something...

Famous White House accident anno 1066 ? Can't find that in the history books.  Grin Sorry, couldn't resist.  Wink

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 10:06:13 am »

I am on Maison Blanche for the second time this year after moving from the Houx. The only advantage the Houx has is Electric hook up but these are often 100-300m from your pitch. Also on Houx the pitches are 5mx5m which means even my van conversion (see left) is officially too big. On MB there are no markings so you use as much space as you need. The atmosphere is more for race fans as it is only seconds up the bank to the ford chicane. As for the noise there is no where within about 5 miles of the circuit that is any easier to sleep. Houx is just as noisy and besides it is a 24 hour race what are you planning on sleeping for!

See you there
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 10:25:27 am »

Out of the 23 years (including this one) I've been coming, have used campsites for 16 of them. In that time, have been in Bleu three times, Houx once and MB twelve!!

Have to say I love it there. Not to say the others aren't great but when something ain't broke, don't fix it if you know what I mean. The atmos is great and you get to make some great buddies who almost always camp roughly in the same place. Some we have managed to upset a tad over the years but generally a damn fine place to be put mdt!!

It is indeed just a stone's throw away from the famous Maison Blanche stretch (as you may have guessed).

Actually, just a thought but as so many of us camp in MB, wonder if we could make a rough location map together with a list of identifying markers (such as the Commer, PM's Winnie etc....) so we can hook up easier?
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 10:30:14 am »

That seems to be a good idea rick. I am not sure where we will be just we need to be within 50m of a tap other wise there are going to be a few thousand buckets moving water for the pool. If a position can be saved for us then mark it on!

Rick.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 10:35:11 am »

Looks like I've volunteered meself like!!! Not a prob, please send likely/rough location to me at rick@maisonblanche.co.uk and I'll get it sorted!!!

Estimated arrival date, vehicles likely and any banners, inflatable objects etc. that might aid visual recognition!

Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 10:36:35 am »

I'll start a separate thread then, so I don't highjack mdt's question!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 10:49:49 am »

...the famous Whitehouse accident of 1066 or something...

Famous White House accident anno 1066 ? Can't find that in the history books.  Grin Sorry, couldn't resist.  Wink

HGB, that was the White HORSE accident when William the Conqueror fell off his stead.  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 12:18:38 pm »

Ah yes, I remember, 1066 and all that...  Wink

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 12:41:30 pm »

Seems like my motorhome was too big for the Houx, or however you spell it. So I was booked into the Maison Blanche campsite.

I recall from reading my Christmas present book on Le Mans that Maison Blanche was the site of the famous Whitehouse accident of 1066 or something.

Anyway, what's it like? Am I going to get any sleep? Grin
Great site and on the whole great people, what day are you arriving as it does fill quickly as Rick states you can tape off what space you require so the earlier the better. Enjoy.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 03:08:46 pm »

MDT  

I too am new to MB this year, so it will be interesting .

I will be near to a large white trailer. With this rather large ( now finished ) flag.

Come in for a beer or a swim in the pool.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Take life by the horns and live it.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 03:11:35 pm »

Nice Robbo............really nice Smiley

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 05:57:24 pm »

Are there still incredibly noisy bull-frogs in the pond in MB?

The Bedford CF Challengers are in Tetre Rouge again, which if anyone is interested has a great view of the track from under the Dunlop bridge, through the Esses and down towards Tetre Rouge, now that the track has been re-aligned.  Also not so noisy now that they have neutered the fun-fair........

The older I get, the faster I was.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: