Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:17:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2004  (Read 12105 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2004, 05:23:44 pm »

About to try and convince the wife that a visit to the Classic should be included in the family holiday this year, but need to do a good presentation as to why in would be fun.
Can anybody who went in 2002 give me a rough idea of costs for entrance, stands and camping tickets. Also what was the set up for camp sites. MB only?
Next problem will be getting her in a good mood, timing is everything Wink Wink
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:01:06 pm »

Does anyone know if I was there?  Roll Eyes
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 08:23:14 pm »

Not aware of costs coz I blagged a press pass and got free parking (and camped next to the car). There was loads of space. Crowds were much smaller, atmos was much better (in a different way), MB was the only campsite open but was full. Think grandstands might have been free (can somebody else confirm/deny?). Overall I think costs were impressivley cheap from what I remember hearing at the time.

All in all a cracking w/end and a fine intro to Lemons for the missus.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 09:57:53 pm »

About to try and convince the wife that a visit to the Classic should be included in the family holiday this year, but need to do a good presentation as to why in would be fun.
Can anybody who went in 2002 give me a rough idea of costs for entrance, stands and camping tickets. Also what was the set up for camp sites. MB only?
Next problem will be getting her in a good mood, timing is everything Wink Wink

Dear, oh dear, Barry - show her who's boss! Tell her you're off to Le Mans - and if she doesn't like it, she can bloody well do the ironing herself!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 10:45:56 am »

A great way to have a quick fix of Le Mans, esp if like me you love the old as well as the new.

Entry costs were impressively cheap and the grandstands were indeed free of charge. But ACO wouldn't be the ACO without a few weird decisions, such as charging 70 euros for camping in MB and then letting people camp for free in Parking Bleu!

Last Classic was in September, this time it's in July. Have you seen the price of the ferries in July. Kin 'ell! £500 pompey-caen for a 48 hour trip last time I looked. Have to do some work on this one before committing to do the Classic.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 12:58:27 pm »

Sea France are doing some good early deals Dover/Calais if booked by 14th Jan. 5 day trips from £86, and longer from £136. These prices for very anti social sailings. But still only £186 for very good departure and returns on a 10 day trip.

Matt,
She wants to go to LM, better to take her and the boys(10 & 2) to the Classic, and then I have no problems going in June without them, especially as its always my wedding anniversary (13th).
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 01:36:23 pm »

You manage to get away with the wedding anniversary Barry??? Good Work Fella!!!! My birthday is on the 13th and I get stick for being away virtually every year!! Purposely avoided any potential date clashes with wedding anniversary and kids birthdays just in case. When trying for the littel darlings, horizontal jogging was banned between August and October (inclusive) just in case!!

Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 02:06:37 pm »

Two of our group also walk a tightrope each year as their wives birthdays fall on the 12th. Somehow they still get away though!!

And of course we all get stick for being away for fathers day
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 02:18:33 pm »

When trying for the littel darlings, horizontal jogging was banned between August and October (inclusive) just in case!!

Now that is true dedication.  I am truly in awe Rick  Wink

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 02:24:05 pm »

I think Fathers day might be on the 20th this year, not sure though.
Penance for missing anniversary is a big present left with oldest son to give to mum on day.
Nearly got into trouble last year, I was at the drivers parade on Friday(13th), wife phones my mobile number to say happy anniversary and a strange woman answers phone Shocked, must have been a crossed line. Had to arrange backup with Canada Phil to send copies of photos of us at restaurant to prove innosence if divorce papers were served. Allowed to go this year with no arguements, she's a star most of the time, hence trying to sort out Classic
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 02:30:16 pm »

Entry costs were impressively cheap and the grandstands were indeed free of charge. But ACO wouldn't be the ACO without a few weird decisions, such as charging 70 euros for camping in MB and then letting people camp for free in Parking Bleu!

Last Classic was in September, this time it's in July. Have you seen the price of the ferries in July. Kin 'ell! £500 pompey-caen for a 48 hour trip last time I looked. Have to do some work on this one before committing to do the Classic.

I didn't attend last year's classic, mainly on the grounds of the likely weather but agree with Andy Z that the ACO are likely to make price revisions, although they may actually apply some logic such as:

Hmmm... weather will be much better than Sept, many more will consider the trip essential - therefore let's introduce charges for grandstands etc.. there are bound to be some takers.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »

When trying for the littel darlings, horizontal jogging was banned between August and October (inclusive) just in case!!

Now that is true dedication.  I am truly in awe Rick  Wink

Thanks Gib, one has to get one's priorities right, doesn't one?  Wink
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 03:13:43 pm »

one has to get one's priorities right, doesn't one?  Wink

Not sure if I could have kept my little thing under control for that long.  Ah those were the days.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 03:25:38 pm »

I didn't attend last year's classic, mainly on the grounds of the likely weather but agree with Andy Z that the ACO are likely to make price revisions, although they may actually apply some logic such as:

Hmmm... weather will be much better than Sept, many more will consider the trip essential - therefore let's introduce charges for grandstands etc.. there are bound to be some takers.

Weather in Sept 2002 was absolutly superb, lovely and hot and it stayed warm in the evening too. The action in the Relax Bar was hotter still.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 04:32:30 pm »

Took a similliar stand on birth control as rick, the things we do erh?
In 2000 had to rush the missus to hospital at about 2am  Wed , after a short wait in A&E she was transfered to a ward so both her & the babies could be monitered.
I was due to leave for LM at 9am that morning, after much hand wringing the wife said I best go, god bless her, not my proudest moment.
When we arrived in the Houx Annexe a twat started to try to tell us we could not camp there as it was ''saved''for his mates,
anyway having been up since 2am, driving halfway across france and feeling slightly guilty with the whole wife in hospital situation I was not in the best mood and berated the arsehole until he went scurrying back to his Astra, packed up his tent & stuff and moved slightly further away, I felt much better after that.
BTW the twin girls, Panoz & Dome where born later that year.
Nothing to do with going to LM Classic but it may explain why the wife hates it and it would be doubtful if she ever wanted to go.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: