Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 12:27:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobe thread (split from the T shirt thread)  (Read 7247 times)
Bartus
CA Veteran

The cars, the action and the chicks:speedpics(.nl)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2004, 11:32:12 am »

Le Mans is a race in Europe, the beer is paid in Euro's, England is a subsidiary of Europe as well so why @#$%&*$@#@# can't you mention a price P&P in Euro's?  Shocked

BR

Braketest

This was split from the t shirt thread to avoid clutter in that thread. Braketest was querying why t shirts cannot be priced in €'s.

Of course there is always a risk of threads being removed completely if they contravene site guidelines. Remember, nanny is watching!!

'Nuff said...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 11:16:32 am by smokie » Logged

veni bibi vomui
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 12:12:51 pm »

Maybe as the guy taking payment, and doing all the hard work is in the UK and we dont use 'Nazi Schillings' here....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Bartus
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 01:25:41 pm »

"Hard work" and "UK" do not fit together very well for some strange reason and the last remaining nazi is to my knowledge british and playing a destructive role in the FIA these days...  Grin

Cheer up lad, coal mines, abandonned shipyards and a car-industry whose relation with bankrupty is tighter than Mel B's pants won't help you to qualify for the Euro, for the years to come you'll still have to change your rubbish into Euro's if you want to order a beer with us....  Roll Eyes

Braketest

veni bibi vomui
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 02:38:25 pm »

Good work fella!
This should be interesting.....
Seconds out......Round One....ding, ding!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 03:39:39 pm »

Oh dear, the season of peace and goodwill is definitely over isn't it.  Wink

The tee shirts are still £9 btw.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 05:39:55 pm »

Le Mans is a race in Europe, the beer is paid in Euro's, England is a subsidiary of Europe as well so why @#$%&*$@#@# can't you mention a price P&P in Euro's?  Shocked

BR

Braketest

Right Braketest,

On the contary, I would have thought it was entirely apparent to anyone with even the slightest modicum of intelligence for the reasons the shirts are priced in £STG.

Just to enlighten you, maybe it's because the vast majority of members ordering the teeshirts are UK based, the tees are designed, printed and costed in £STG and this is the currency which I would imagine is most convenient to Robbo.

I would dispute your description of "England" (I think you're probably referring to Great Britain) as being a subsidiary of Europe. We are our own country with our own currency and therefore able to determine our own fiscal policy as a nation. Unlike the Euro zone member countries who are largely little more than a collection of limbless, hopeless euro regions.

Further, I would respectfully suggest that once, and only once, you have made a worthy contributuion to this forum and to the greater Le Mans experience in general, may you have the moral ground to start lobbing critisisms at other people who are making an effort. If you don't like it, then you know what you can do, don't you?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 05:46:29 pm »

Further, I would respectfully suggest that once, and only once, you have made a worthy contributuion to this forum and to the greater Le Mans experience in general, may you have the moral ground to start lobbing critisisms at other people who are making an effort. If you don't like it, then you know what you can do, don't you?

Andy, nice to see you've recovered from the hangover!!! Grin

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2004, 05:46:34 pm »

Hear hear - Nice darts Andy, well put.

Planman
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2004, 05:48:12 pm »

I can hear the shutters coming down on this discussion...enough!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 05:52:23 pm »

"Hard work" and "UK" do not fit together very well for some strange reason and the last remaining nazi is to my knowledge british and playing a destructive role in the FIA these days...  Grin

Cheer up lad, coal mines, abandonned shipyards and a car-industry whose relation with bankrupty is tighter than Mel B's pants won't help you to qualify for the Euro, for the years to come you'll still have to change your rubbish into Euro's if you want to order a beer with us....  Roll Eyes

Braketest

Not really sure where to start with this ill advised drivel, other than to say have a look at the OECD worldwide growth rates. I think you'll find the UK is doing exceptionally well, way above continental Europe. We overtook France last year to become the world's forth largest economy.

As for hard work, have a look too at our low levels of unemployment. We produce lots of cars, it's just that the plants are owned by multinational companies. It is the way of the world. So f**k*ng what?

No idea where you're from, but you seem to have a fixation for old fashioned 19th century industries like mining and ship building and assess a nations sucess and worth on it's nations contribution to the above. Generally, you seem a bit confused by life.  Huh ???Wakey wakey, it's time to live in the now, old son. Kiss

I really don't want to start a childish argument about my country is better than your country.

And you can shut your gob too Harper! Grin Grin

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2004, 05:57:19 pm »

Sorry Smokie, didn't see your post until it was too late! Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2004, 06:30:07 pm »

Can I pay for my shirt in kind?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2004, 06:47:01 pm »

I really don't want to start a childish argument about my country is better than your country.

And you can shut your gob too Harper! Grin Grin

(To strains of Land of Hope & Glory) - We'll fight them on the beaches etc. etc.

I suspect that braketest is a clog wearing, tulip growing, cheese-muncher.

I think it a terrible shame that as soon as we have some lively difference of opinion, liable to spark some healthy debate, name-calling and mud-slinging, the moderating Gestapo wade in with "Stop it chaps, or we'll shut the thread down".

Braketest has thrown down the gauntlet - or rather slapped us unceremoniously around the chops with it. I only feel it appropriate that we identify the bugger and elect one of our membership to kick his head in, when we get to the track. I nominate Degenerate Dan, our pet jailbird - or maybe Robbo - he's an angry young man, who's sterling efforts re the t shirts has been rubbished by this no-good dyke plugger.

Let good sense and angry diatribe prevail!  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Bartus
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2004, 11:13:25 pm »

Pretty good fishin' conditions here....nothings beats the good ol' rasf1 though....

Bartus(who slowly starts loving this place)

veni bibi vomui
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 01:25:08 pm »

To have a different opinion and lively debate on such important subjects as commer vans, ferry vs tunnel, autoroute (or 'motorway' to us in gods own land) vs RN's (A roads) is one thing, to 'go fishing' for an cyber fight is childish, purile and best left on the f1 fourms.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 01:30:00 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: