Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 08:14:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Maurice White  (Read 1958 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:39:54 pm »

Unfortunately another one bites the dust.

I saw the Earth Wind and Fire Experience a few years ago when they did the Saturday night concert at Le Mans.

I really loved it.   Tristan and I wore feather boas for it, and all the way back to the UK afterwards. - sorry if we "feathered" anyone in the ferry bar. We passed on the gold lame hotpants, but it was discussed.

Of course Maurice wasn't on stage, except in spirit.

EW&F's music is vibrant, sophisticated and yet retains an selflessness, abandonment and joy - much like my dancing.   Grin Grin Grin

Love it or hate it, EW&F were and are unforgettable and I think the world is much richer because we had Maurice White.

RIP

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:47 pm »

My favorite EW&F memory goes back to 1978, when they were here in town for a sold out concert at Riverfront Coliseum.  My buddy Rick had a older sister who was going to the show with her best friend Kim. They had four tickets, but their boyfriends backed out on them at the last second, so they took Rick & I instead.  Here's two smoking hot college girls, with two knucklehead sixteen year olds in tow.  Between the opening act and EW&F hitting the stage, we were walking around, convinced we were the only white people in the building when we were confronted by a couple of dudes dressed straight out a Richard Roundtree movie, they said something to the effect of "hey little bros, you got da wrong night, Van Halen is next week".
Good memories.
Fax
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:36:16 pm by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: