Club Arnage
July 15, 2024, 08:25:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audi's 2014 LMP1  (Read 12202 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »

Teaser on www.motorsport.com ...

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/world-endurance-champion-audi-releases-teaser-of-2014-lmp1/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:53:54 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »

fair enough

there will be a wheel

or more

Must keep watching for a few days

Thanks GF

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:23 am »

That looks more like an R18 front splitter.  Different lights

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 09:17:59 am »

This a joke? Right?
Supposed to be excited by that?
Good God, be sharper than that. A crap photo like that are what things are reduced to?
The WEC isn't F1, or any thing close to it. Don't think anyone who really knows racing is going to find garbage like that clever.  Unless they feel the need to dumb down sportscar racing anymore. Perhaps they can throw in a Middleton broad...
Fax
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:32:14 am by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:46 am »

Yes, it is a harmless light-hearted reminder that Audi will be launching the 2014 car later this week.

I don't think it's 'dumbing-down' in the slightest.

This a joke? Right?
Supposed to be excited by that?
Good God, be sharper than that. A crap photo like that are what things are reduced to?
The WEC isn't F1, or any thing close to it. Don't think anyone who really knows racing is going to find garbage like that clever.  Unless they feel the need to dumb down sportscar racing anymore. Perhaps they can throw in a Middleton broad...
Fax

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:55:28 pm »

Their PR department needs to drum up all the support they can get as there's competition to worry about.

Does anyone else thinks there's a shortage of German fans.  The Danes and the Brits seem far more visible

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:52 pm »

Does anyone else thinks there's a shortage of German fans.  The Danes and the Brits seem far more visible

Yes there is; a few years ago, I invited a good friend and work colleague from Germany to come along for the week at Le Mans. He brought 2 of his friends along as well, drove from Munich on the Thursday.

On the face of it, they said that they enjoyed the weekend but did not get the atmosphere in the camp site and all that goes on. It just did not appeal to them Angry So much so, that they left early on the Sunday to drive back and ended up Disneyland Paris  Roll Eyes on route back said now ex friend phoned up and said he'll stick to watching F1....................

Maybe it's also the case that the Germans have the Ring 24 hours a few weeks before LM24 which they have made their own.

Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 05:31:53 pm »

Audi are not bothered at all with their home market, that pretty much takes care of itself. Exports are far more important, particularly to middle and far east customers. So long as the Le Mans grandstands are occupied as a background to TV pictures, I shouldn't think they care what nationality they all are.

Their PR department needs to drum up all the support they can get as there's competition to worry about.

Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:54 pm »

More positivity from Fax I see  Roll Eyes ............

Sneak peak at the 2014 car at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzSnP8exHzM
If your quick with the pause button you can see how low the rear end appears to be.
With the higher cockpit and lower rear end, its looking not great!!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »

Your right Robbo, I can be negative.  Just hate stupid PR stunts.  It reminds me of some of the ads you see from NASCAR, or something along those lines.  You would never have seen Jo Siffert, or Jacky Ickx being asked to pose like that with some dumb expression on their face.  It's the way the sport is evolving that makes me negative.
Sportscar racing should be above this.
Fax
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:08:04 pm by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »

You would never have seen Jo Siffert, or Jacky Ickx being asked to pose like that with some dumb expression on their face.

You mean stuff like this ...

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

Or These!! Grin

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/specials/60years/photos/large/ickx81.jpg

Notice the logo on the Lorry behind the grinning muppets, Was Joest running the 936's?. Know he had a replica he run at Le Mans etc, but the Jules ones.

http://f1-history.deviantart.com/art/Jacky-Ickx-Spain-1970-338624980

(While looking for this come across some amazing images of Ickx, on trails bikes and every other conceivable car. What a legend)

I dont begrudge Audi the chance to drum up a bit of interest in sportscar racing. Watched a some of the Bahrain race on telly, the place was empty, now if I was a potential sponsor I would be considering my options.

The races need to be in places at least a few p[people bother to turn up at. Fingers crossed the arrival of Webber and Porsche will boost things a bit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:03:15 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:42 pm »

Thank you Nordic!  I've been harping on for years about how racing needs to be done in front of people who actually care about the sport, and will show up for a race.
I keep hearing the same old stupid line about races need to be held in emerging markets.  That would be awesome if the people in the emerging markets actually gave a damn.
They even struggled to get fans through the gates in Austin.  Down there they've drawn reasonably well for F1, but there's nothing to indicate anyone has any interest in watching sportscar racing there. http://sportscar365.com/wec/future-unclear-for-austin-wectusc-event/
Fax
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:07:26 am by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 01:12:41 pm »

First image

Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »

From Audi, via TK Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/919035_629116230485353_616343136_o.jpg[/img]]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=629116230485353&set=a.145609038836077.29995.144192782311036&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:03:44 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: