Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 12:26:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rouen and A28 traffic chaos  (Read 5136 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:34 am »

Sources suggest there is a 2 hour traffic jam though Rouen currently, probably due to the break-up of the 'Armada' event last week combined with the bridge closure. Crossing at the Pont de Brotonne may be a wise choice if you are travelling down today.

...edit...
There is also a report of a tanker accident on the A28 (near exit 14, Bernay ), causing at least a 4 hour closure while the 'pompiers' make the scene safe by pumping out its contents.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:51:52 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:20:42 pm »

appreciate the update - hopefully clear by Wednesday...

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." G. Hill
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »

Came through Rouen with no problems of any kind 18h00 on Sunday.  Just follow the diversion on the electronic sign (first) as per other thread (involved a150 and a151). By the time you get close to Rouen Le Mans is signposted at each junction.  But absolutely painless. Huge delays on a13 towards Paris and other roads we could see in Rouen but the diversion route flowed smoothly at speed limit the whole way.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:48:42 pm »

Yes, but there was no overturned tanker on Sunday ;-)

We'll keep an eye on A28 delays and transit of the river Seine for those en-route, as things to change from hour to hour.

Came through Rouen with no problems of any kind 18h00 on Sunday.  Just follow the diversion on the electronic sign (first) as per other thread (involved a150 and a151). By the time you get close to Rouen Le Mans is signposted at each junction.  But absolutely painless. Huge delays on a13 towards Paris and other roads we could see in Rouen but the diversion route flowed smoothly at speed limit the whole way.

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:14 am »

A bit of useful info I got from a friend today that travels to Le Mans alot delivering racing bits to the teams.

One more thing Chris, when you come off the A16 onto the A28, just a bit after the toll booth, there is a newish speed camera around distance marker 2. The limit there is 110kmh and it seems to be set with little tolerance - it flashed me at 112kmh last month (but no ticket received)

Cheers
Les
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »

We are should be arriving at Rouen around 11:30am tomorrow. I guess we shall see what the traffic is like at the time but wondering if I should give it a wide birth (maybe south of the city) or take a chance and follow the diversion.

T
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 05:07:17 pm »

Traffic was moving smoothly this morning via the diversion after the rush hour.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:14 pm »

I trust it will be ok at 4am, I may just take a chance on the bike......... Wink

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: