Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 05:33:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your most memorable meal?  (Read 7355 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:17:15 pm »

No 2 in the 'What' series.

Just had another thought about food at LM and tried to recall my favourite meals eaten at a campsite.

I can think of two:

The first was in the eighties when I went with a couple of mates and on the way there we went shopping and amongst other things bought some fresh sardines. Back at the campsite we started setting up the camp while the BBQ was warming up, then had the most delicious sardines washed down with a couple of bottles of muscadet, what a treat that was and the bonus was one of the guys did not really like them so we polished them off between two of us.

Second was about eight years ago on Houx annexe when I cooked a leg of lamb on a throw-away barbie - delicious, the recipe is here on You Tube   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evvoeqVyu_4   and is well worth trying.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

roastchicken stuffing roat spuds peas carrots good bottle of cahors
curry rive popadoms bhajis a very close runner up

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »

Chilli with half a pound of Plain Chocolate in it anyone???  Evil

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »

At a planning meeting last night we finalised meals. An old favourite from when we first used to go by coach and had to carry everything in rucksacks. Used to watch dawn on the Mulsanne followed by a breakfast of bacon grill. The old favourite is pencilled in for Sunday morning.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »

I had a great dinner chez Barry and Andy one year - confit de canard followed by tarte aux framboises... yummy - no doubt there was a drop of wine to go with it..!

I am a bit crap at cooking myself at the best of times, let alone in a camping situation.

F
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:13 pm »

I had a great dinner chez Barry and Andy one year - confit de canard followed by tarte aux framboises... yummy - no doubt there was a drop of wine to go with it..!

I am a bit crap at cooking myself at the best of times, let alone in a camping situation.

F

All sounds very shop bought Fran. probably the longest time you had to wait for a meal was when I cooked a Chorizo Risotto with enough for six when there were only two of us to eat it!!

>Martini...LB

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:05:21 pm »

probably the longest time you had to wait for a meal was when I cooked a Chorizo Risotto

Lol - i had forgotten about that one.... prob the several bottles of pink fizz I disposed of during cooking!

Smiley
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:58 pm »

One year we had a few "over the top" bbq's.  Started with foie gras, lamb, filet steaks, fish, shrimp ... even threw a few lobsters on the grill Cheesy
A whole week cooking on that bbq is still one of the highlights at LM !

Also remember 3 years ago, Saturday morning and more than 10 friends showed up for the race, only expecting 3.  Send them off to carrefour and bakery and managed to cook them bacon & eggs before the start of the Group C's.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 11:37:42 pm »

Fran,
Thank you for your kind comments on the cuisine at Chez Barry & Andy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:42:40 am by Barry » Logged
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:59 am »

An old mate of mine (sadly no longer with us) cooking a cracking curry that seemed to cook
for hours and hours on a Saturday night but was always tip top with copious amounts of wine
and larger, happy days.

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 10:52:14 am »

I saw a sheeps brain for sale in Super U one year and over cooked it on the BBQ. It was memorable alright. No amount of French Bean Salad could rescue that one.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »

Englisch breakfast, monday morning ( mondag before the race ) after a tough night with 6 groups in front of the gate of MB.

Not shure but tought is was serverd by The Pirates.

Live life to the Max
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »

At a planning meeting last night we finalised meals. An old favourite from when we first used to go by coach and had to carry everything in rucksacks. Used to watch dawn on the Mulsanne followed by a breakfast of bacon grill. The old favourite is pencilled in for Sunday morning.

Oh, bacon grill. What a classic! Just added it to my LM shopping list.
My favourite meal was the stuffed pork loin with paprika we had last year. Cooks well in foil on the Barbie although the cous cous stuffing was replaced with savoury flavoured rice.
Best "completely blathered and in need of carbs" meal was an 8 Euro tray full of Tartiflette from a stall opposite the Guinness bar. Ate it and went back for another!

I tested negative for patience.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:35:23 pm »

Oh, bacon grill. What a classic! Just added it to my LM shopping list.
My favourite meal was the stuffed pork loin with paprika we had last year. Cooks well in foil on the Barbie although the cous cous stuffing was replaced with savoury flavoured rice.
Best "completely blathered and in need of carbs" meal was an 8 Euro tray full of Tartiflette from a stall opposite the Guinness bar. Ate it and went back for another!

That reminds me... I once bought some tartiflette and took it back to the tent... calm down now... mixed with a bit of water to make a little more runny and added to some spaghetti. Bit of a French Carbonara, bloody good.

>Martini...LB

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:58 pm »

Boddingtons

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: