Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 07:28:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deltawing to race at Sebring  (Read 7946 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:31:21 am »

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/alms-panoz-returning-with-new-deltawing-engines-chassis/P1
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:34 am »

But not the deltawing as we know it it seems - most of those involved being no longer affiliated ...... Still, could be interesting once it gets to coupe format.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:15 pm »

DeltaWing Racing Cars Press Release:

DELTAWING LIVERY UNVEILED

Striking new chrome livery for DeltaWing Racing Cars starting at Sebring

BRASELTON, GA. – DeltaWing Racing Cars has revealed the livery for the DeltaWing powered by Elan, before its first on-track test scheduled for this Wednesday at Road Atlanta.

After running a fully black livery with some yellow, then red trim on the roll hoop accents in 2012, the 2013 DeltaWing livery marks a radical departure. The DeltaWing will take the grid in 2013 with a striking chrome paint scheme, now highlighted with red accents on the roll hoop and just behind the front tires, from new tire partner Bridgestone.

The chrome is a natural evolution for the car that has made its mark on the sports car racing world simply by being different. It’s the latest new element for the DeltaWing’s 2013 season.

“It just ties into the DeltaWing being such a unique, revolutionary car,” said Don Panoz, managing partner, DeltaWing Racing Cars. “I wanted something that represented that image. A shining, aggressive metal was what I thought of, and that was the chrome.”

The design went through several possible design ideas before settling on the chrome and red.

“I think this became apparent once we would be using Bridgestone tires,” said Panoz. “The only color they have outside of black is red. We wanted to keep it consistent. Before deciding on the chrome, I looked at brilliant reds or brilliant greens. We decided the chrome was the thing to keep it in line with Bridgestone and their colors.”

This is not the first time a Panoz race car has had this type color. The Panoz Esperante GTR-1 that raced in the late 1990s had a primarily silver background, as did the LMP1 Panoz Roadster-S run that premiered in 1999.

The DeltaWing is scheduled to test this Wednesday and Thursday at Road Atlanta in preparation for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida, the opening round of the 2013 American Le Mans Series season. Olivier Pla and Andy Meyrick have been confirmed as drivers for the LMP1 class entry, with Meyrick set to turn his first laps in the car this week.

* DW_RD45019_2_.jpg (240.37 KB, 532x800 - viewed 462 times.)

* DW_RD45033_2_.jpg (201.72 KB, 800x532 - viewed 381 times.)

* DW_RD45045_2_.jpg (142.43 KB, 800x323 - viewed 431 times.)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »

Hopefully the other drivers might actually see it now, as it's no longer stealth black, and not run it off the road.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

Might annoy a few drivers with headlight reflection once the sun goes down.  If it makes it that far Roll Eyes

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »

The silver and red makes it look a bit Audi-ish. Deliberate or accidental?

As far as I can work out, apart from the name and outward resemblance to the Nissan/Michelin DeltaWing it has next to nothing in common.  More to the point... those involved with the 2012 car including Duncan Dayton are actively distancing themselves from the new project.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:25:54 pm by Grand_Fromage » Logged
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113031455189/deltawing-coupe-revealed-will-enter-the-american-le-mans

words fail me............. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 12:55:03 am »

WTF?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:28 am »

Saw "it" this afternoon ... irl even uglier than on a picture !

Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:23:53 am »

The coupe roof was designed to meet regulations, and as with all things designed by regulators, it is as ugly as a bucket of assholes. 

Without Nissan, Michelin, Highcroft etc, do you think Panoz stands the remotest chance of making progress with the DW 'going solo' with an in-house chassis and engine? 

Currently the Panoz DW (supposedly running LM P1) is posting times that don't even put it at the top of the LMPC field, let alone P1.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 07:50:52 pm »

That is just plain ugly with nothing to commend it aesthetically....or, in brief, that looks shite....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »

Darn that's a fugly looking car. I take it all back, the coupe is 'orrible and not a patch on the open cockpit car .....   Shocked
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 08:50:39 pm »

2013 DW is both ugly and slow. 10 seconds off the LM P1 pace and qualified 15th fastest, down in the LMPC ranks.

Unless they can find some pace before tomorrow morning, even if it could go the entire 12 hours without a single pit stop, it still wouldn't stand a chance. Panoz sold the farm and bought a turkey.
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:50 pm »

No need for a condom tonight. That's rendered me effectively infertile for about a week.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »

It's the new AMR-Done. Into the pits with a shagged motor after just a hand full of laps. What a waste of a grid slot.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: