Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 11:23:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2003 WRC Champion  (Read 4774 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2003, 11:18:40 pm »

Quick well done to all the boys at Pro drive , banbury and Mr Petter Solberg, and Phil Mills for the exellent victory in the WRC and the Win in Wales .

What a fantastic celebration, jumping in the crowd , over joyed, reminds you of Mr Shue all over again.

WELL DONE  Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 12:35:12 am by Robbo SPS » Logged

Take life by the horns and live it.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 11:40:34 pm »

Great win, you can't help but love Petter can you.
Could you ever see McRae (Colin) going crowd surfing. I don't think so !

Fax
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 11:28:30 pm »

Agreed it was nice to see Petter win.  He certainly seems to have a good bit more peronality & flair than most motor racing Scandinavian's.  However I will admit that I've never been able to stomach Michael Schumacher's jumping around like an ape on the podium at GP's.  It just looks childish & immature.  Can you imagine Fangio, Moss, Surtees, Clark or Stewart acting like that? Neither could I.  The late US football coach Woody Hayes used to tell his players "When you score a point or win a game, act like you've done it before".
Fax
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 11:11:23 am »

Fantastic ding dong battle all season, ending up with 4 potential world champions in the run up to the event.  Great stuff.

The FIA are wrong to mess with the format - "if it aint broke, dont fix it."  Mind you probably has more to do with the TV rights being owned by someone other than Bernie.

Congrats to the Mini that completed the event too in the last time a "real Mini" (and not a BWM series 1) as the homologation has now expired for it  Cry  But they made it - great article in this weeks Motorsport News

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 05:51:44 pm »

However I will admit that I've never been able to stomach Michael Schumacher's jumping around like an ape on the podium at GP's.  It just looks childish & immature.  Can you imagine Fangio, Moss, Surtees, Clark or Stewart acting like that?

I'm not sure if I totally agree with you on that one Fax.  Seeing any emotion from podium ceremonies is a good thing.  I was watching the 93 German GP this weekend on F1-Decade when Prost stood about like a boring bastard and a very young looking MS was all fired-up blasting him with the Champers.  Prost almost tried to run off the podium and didn't smile once - and he bloody won.
Fax
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 06:30:52 pm »

I agree that some emotion is nice, a smile and a wave, maybe a thumbs-up, Stewart used to raise his hands clenched together over his head.  Schuey's jumping up & down and shaking his fists just looks a bit too stick & ball-ish for my taste.
John
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 10:27:42 pm »

I think naked chicks on the podium should be the standard.  After all, who cares to see a millionaire jumping up and down.  I think well proportioned females should jump up and down for each of the 3 podium finishers.  Does anyone disagree or can I go back to my ward now?
Fax
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 11:33:08 pm »

Naked chicks might not be as far fetched as we think.  Valentino Rossi is making some noise about racing cars when his bike days are over.  If anyone could get away with nude girlies on the podium it was be Rossi-San.
John
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 02:24:31 am »

Congrats to the Mini that completed the event too in the last time a "real Mini" (and not a BWM series 1) as the homologation has now expired for it  Cry  But they made it - great article in this weeks Motorsport News

Nice to see that the humble and yet fantastic mini can still get a mention on other posts without me winding up the Vette squad.... Roll Eyes Grin

Take life by the horns and live it.
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 12:03:11 pm »

can you imagine a rally full of vetts. there is a road in western oz thats 90 miles straight. they could do it along there. wouldn't want the things to turn now, would we  Grin  Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2003, 05:16:51 pm »

can you imagine a rally full of vetts. there is a road in western oz thats 90 miles straight. they could do it along there. wouldn't want the things to turn now, would we  Grin  Grin

......lights blue touch paper and retires.........

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: