Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 07:18:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche Prison  (Read 3241 times)
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2003, 10:20:11 am »

Living so near it would be rude not to visit when such an event as the 1000km is running.

So I went on Saturday evening and stayed at a deathly quiet Arnage - saw one other British reg car!!!

Went for a drive to the circuit on Saturday night to see what was what. It was cold and misty. The crossroads by the Porsche curves are now an island - big deal, but probably a good idea for June.

But then, driving along the famous "burnout" stretch of road between MB and Bleu and looked to my right for a sentimental view of MB campsite but instead of the normal bushes and field there's now a 10ft concrete fence topped by rolls of barbed wire!!

Now it was dark and it was late but that is definitely what I saw..

So beware fellow MB campers - we may well get in next year but will they let us out?Huh
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 05:03:49 pm »

That must be the work required for our CA block booking of MB campsite.  It's to keep the oiks out  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 06:43:27 pm »

They did seem to be painting the wall white , which is nice for St George Cross fanatics, very civilised .

Inside the circuit its coming on nicely, with concreate on the floor instead of muddy brown urine rivers

Take life by the horns and live it.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 09:16:34 am »

Living so near it would be rude not to visit when such an event as the 1000km is running.

So I went on Saturday evening and stayed at a deathly quiet Arnage - saw one other British reg car!!!

Went for a drive to the circuit on Saturday night to see what was what. It was cold and misty. The crossroads by the Porsche curves are now an island - big deal, but probably a good idea for June.

Simon, Those that get there early will have enough time to tunnel out,remember The Great Escape, Lisa, will explain about us Scouser's, we will rob your eye balls today, tomorrow we will come back for the sockets, but beware  those who arrive late, well these will have to put up with what space the Liverpool Boys, allocate them. Get your ass in gear arrive early and help with the digging.
Brian.

But then, driving along the famous "burnout" stretch of road between MB and Bleu and looked to my right for a sentimental view of MB campsite but instead of the normal bushes and field there's now a 10ft concrete fence topped by rolls of barbed wire!!

Now it was dark and it was late but that is definitely what I saw..

So beware fellow MB campers - we may well get in next year but will they let us out?Huh
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:20:47 am by Brian.L,pool boys » Logged

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
IanB
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 06:22:57 pm »

Suits me if they lock us in as long as they let Uncle Albert out daily for supplies,
                   Ian
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 06:23:55 pm »

Sorry but they don't seem to increase the size of MB campsite. It looks like a preservation of land for future projects that I strictly have no idea  Huh

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 06:41:09 pm »

Brian/Ian

Be assured that we will arrive at least 20 minutes before race start next year to leave plenty of time......

We're actually aiming to be there on the Wed before (latest)  this time fingers crossed.

We've had an interesting offer of a pool from a friend of a friend.....can you detour on the way to the circuit via ours???

Cheers
Duncan Goodhew
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 05:54:07 am »

Brian/Ian

Be assured that we will arrive at least 20 minutes before race start next year to leave plenty of time......

We're actually aiming to be there on the Wed before (latest)  this time fingers crossed.

We've had an interesting offer of a pool from a friend of a friend.....can you detour on the way to the circuit via ours???

Cheers
Duncan Goodhew
Simon, e mail me your address and phone number, you can get my E mail from the members list. I will check with Ian when he gets back from Madeira, think we may be able to call.
Regards.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: