Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 01:34:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 Km @ Le Mans  (Read 14484 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 02:38:50 pm »

I haven't a clue where the Piano Bar was, although it was pretty central. On a corner I recollect...you walked through a gate and up an alley to get in. It was really quiet until about 1 am when people started to arrive, and the pianist turned up. Was just getting into full swing when we decided to leave...

The food was passable, but extraordinarily cheap so no real complaints there...I think the most memorable part was the cheese which the maitre said to keep till last. It had an aroma of it's own, and tasted like it smelt. We got through gallons of different wines, and the meal, all for about €30 ph (I think!)

Ask someone else about the value of the race...I was only there for the crack...but as far as that went, it was great...! Smiley
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 05:46:47 pm »

That's the place, thru a gate and up a fifty meter alley, knock on the door to get in. Theres a sign that says respect the neighbours when leaving.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 06:10:53 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin - age > 25 days]

Take life by the horns and live it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 06:20:47 pm »

Robbo, which puddle did you pitch your tent near  Huh

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 06:29:23 pm »

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 06:35:42 pm »

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 11:24:10 pm »

As for the spin,it was while getting onto the Main A11 next to the airport.He did two 180 degree tank slappers followed by a full 360 .
The most damage was done to Doubtfires Pants.He spent the rest of the weekend on the pan,thinking of how it could have been!!!
A big thanks to all who attended,it was a great weekend and a special thanks to Gilles for organising saturday evening.Unlike Robbo,I didnt drive so did sample all of the wine on offer.
cheers
PM
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2003, 12:16:02 am »

And on the social side...

kpy and I ended up in a piano bar eating oysters at 3 am, and chatting with two local couples who rather took the to Terry Thomas style which kpy has.

Terry Thomas indeed !! Just 'cause I've a moustache and talk proper ..... Those French guys were really kind and payed our tab in full !
As for the Bar a Vin - really amazing wines and for around 20 quid a head for masses of it, 11  bottles for our little group, plus 3 courses of food (the smelly stuff we were advised to eat last was Affidelice au Chablis) - just amazing value. Just a tiny bit cramped.

A great crack and the racing was fun too.

Heres to our next meeting.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 09:07:32 am »

Got to say thanks for the CA, team reports, if was just like being there. But thankfully I was not , observing PM, attempting to mount a Trans am, I think I will give that one a miss. Great photos Dave and Smokie.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 09:12:16 am »

And on the social side...

Six of us were in the hotel Mercure - which turned out to be right next to scrutineering on Friday which was handy...the SPS gang decided against self preservation for once and planned to camp on Houx - which turned out to be closed.

Of course CA had a gathering on Saturday night. Where does Gilles find these weird places? It was like an off-licence where you sat and drank...surrounded by walls full of wine. Afterwards Gilles managed to squeeze Powermite's gang into his car (with Powermite asleep in the boot), leaving kpy and myself to find ourselves a little more nightlife (Robbo and LM SPS having already left to find the fleshpots - which were also closed - not their weekend really, was it??).

kpy and I ended up in a piano bar eating oysters at 3 am, and chatting with two local couples who rather took the to Terry Thomas style which kpy has.

Saturday was good, albeit somewhat cold. Sunday was wet. Just to prove it, AJ (with Powermite) spun his Corvette 360 degrees en route to the track, getting off lightly with just a small strip of paint removed by the Armco and no real damage.

The race was over the Bugatti circuit which obviously is MUCH shorter and meant you could easily get around to different parts of the track...especially with the Parking Interieur ticket ) to take you car inside the circuit - €10 - and race entry for the weekend was also €10 for ACO members - €20 for non-members - cheap eh?).

The racing happened, as we expected it to. Other people can report on that....meantime some pics...

Firstly....this is why one of the TVR's had a Baby on Board sticker in the back window...

Smokie, Paula and Jayne both vouch that you do not need oysters to perform. Maybe H's problems that he is going through at the moment are not his but yours.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 02:03:56 pm »

Terry Thomas indeed !! Just 'cause I've a moustache and talk proper ..... Those French guys were really kind and payed our tab in full !

A great crack and the racing was fun too.

Heres to our next meeting.

I agree KPY that you look nothing like Terry Thomas. Having seen you, I'd say you are very much more like Lesley Phillips! Grin  Grin Hairlohhh!! Ding Dong! Fancy a spin in the Alfa? Grin Grin

Sorry to appear coarse and vulgar but Smokie mentioned about this "great crack" too. Who did it belong to? I though the Relax Bar was shut?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2003, 02:56:33 pm »

Andy
OK I'll admit to Leslie "Left hand down a bit". A lark yup?
Ref the crack - an Irish expression for a good time out, and not the wet bits you may be thinking of.
A bientot !!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2003, 03:27:17 pm »

Maybe that's who I meant - I'm too young to remember!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2003, 06:21:00 pm »

The Piano Bar is 200m from the Jacobins square, on the tiny Place de l'Eperon.

So I was the only one who really eat AND appreciate the middle-cheese?

Smokie forget to mention to all of you the testing of the new Nasamax fuel saturday with the CA crew  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2003, 06:42:20 pm »

The middle cheese was nicer than other middle cheeses I've tried...I really quite liked it, so long as I didn't smell it...again - similar to other middle cheeses...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: