Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 01:37:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northen beer  (Read 13827 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 12:13:37 am »

Let me at the little bleeder - I'll give 'im a good hiding, so I will!
Robbo - you raise an interesting and salient point.
All cars - and drivers, no matter what or who they are, have limitations and dramas can occur when the limits are passed.
Do I take it you never heard of anyone losing control of a Mini?
I don't know Powermite's mate - or if his C4 is stock or what? I can't comment - other than to reassure you that there is a world of difference between the C4 and C5 Corvette. the advent of GM active ride makes armfulls of opposite lock a thing of the past (unless you want to induce it, of course). So even with quite a significant power output and lots of torque, it all still goes in the right direction rather quickly.
I'm not thinking of chopping mine in against a Mini just yet, anyway.
Now - back to Northern Beer............

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 09:27:50 am »

Oh ballocks, a huge and interesting thread on beer! and I nearly missed it!
I only have time to take a few notes and keep them in my back pocket for reference.
Missed the forum for a while, and work takes me to a miniscule island on the 24th parallel later on today for a month or so. Christ knows what beer will be there, but moderation and a plugged bottom will have to be my motto. Matt, I have to say one of the best pints I've ever had, and I can still picture it in my minds eye down to the last sud, was a pint of Tetleys outside a lone pub somewhere in the Peak District ("don't stray from the path"). And yes, it's sh*te once it's travelled.
I shall try to find a motor racing connection on this tiny oolitic rock and get on line and let you know, after all there's always some p*sshead in the bar whose met Stirling Moss, and badly embarrassed the pastor the night before.
Toodle pip
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2003, 10:32:34 am »

definitely leave mini's off this topic,  this is for beer and all related spin offs. not in the wildest imaginations of homer would a mini be related to beer.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 10:41:04 am »

Gibberish - erm, yes - qiute - that's exactly what you're talking.

Hey Matt, why on earth do you think I got the name  Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 10:43:17 am »

the finest beer in the world, bar none, is Harveys Sussex Bitter, a drink on it's own. Fully hopped, fruity and very very bitter, it's still brewed in wood and copper and unchanged for centuries. A proper English yeomans pint.

Well said Mr. Zarse.  Shame some other people can't get access to it.  Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 10:46:05 am »

Harveys do a fine range, Tim taylor's landlord is superb, but I stick by Ringwood 49er.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 11:20:39 am »

Oh ballocks, a huge and interesting thread on beer! and I nearly missed it!
I only have time to take a few notes and keep them in my back pocket for reference.
Missed the forum for a while, and work takes me to a miniscule island on the 24th parallel later on today for a month or so. Christ knows what beer will be there, but moderation and a plugged bottom will have to be my motto. Matt, I have to say one of the best pints I've ever had, and I can still picture it in my minds eye down to the last sud, was a pint of Tetleys outside a lone pub somewhere in the Peak District ("don't stray from the path"). And yes, it's sh*te once it's travelled.
I shall try to find a motor racing connection on this tiny oolitic rock and get on line and let you know, after all there's always some p*sshead in the bar whose met Stirling Moss, and badly embarrassed the pastor the night before.
Toodle pip
H

Is this the island whose emblem is the crossed cake stand and doilly, flanked by two surgical boots?

Don't worry H, you'll be back for Christmas. 2005!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 03:25:37 pm »

it was cheap...
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2003, 06:07:35 pm »

I've found the great thing about the American "Lite" beer (the only great thing of course), is that if you don't mind slotting into that particular "flavor", you can drink it with absolutely no worry of getting into trouble when intoxicated.  I once did a weekend at the DieHard 500 at Talladega, and all the crew had bought was Bud Lite.  Although dismal at first, once my taste buds had acclimated, I could swill the stuff the entire weekend with absolutely no consequences.  Made it much safer to participate in sampling the local moonshine and other optically risky concoctions.  Fax, I believe that's when your naked Dale Earnhardt dedication took place wasn't it?

What's worse - a weekend of chilled Bud Lite, or air temp 33 dumpies?
Hmmm, that's harder to answer than I thought it would be!
Fax
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2003, 01:03:54 am »

Oh Christ, the mere mention Degga makes my head spin & ass pucker.  Dave, spot on with the Bud Light, its a girlie beer but you can guzzle the stuff all fricking day and still retain control over your bodily functions.  If your lucky you can catch a moderate buzz off of it   Remember the year we decided to go shopping for something a bit more stout on the way to Talladega and almost found ourselves in the middle of a gang-banging (the American version that invloves AK-47's)  Jesus, what were we thinking?!
One last footnote on Budweiser....In an interview a couple of years ago some guy named FOGGERTY was asked what his favorite beer was....you guessed it.  
If its good enough for the man with the biggest brass balls on the planet...I'll have a pint thank you.
John
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2003, 11:36:38 am »

Fuller's 1845 @ 6.3% - luvverleeeeeyy!!! A whole meal in one pint, chewy as feck and rather splendid. Normally a bottled beer but recently this was available in cask at selected pubs but this short term thing came to an end before I could get to one! (Last Friday and only heard about it on the Wednesday!)  Sad

Anyway, just my two (Euro)cents worth!!

Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2003, 03:44:32 pm »

Zarce - I am told , although never tries it .

Gales Brewery , Horndean Special Brew ( HSB ) is the king. ask CAMRA followers ?   Aparrently

Robbo

HSB was my fave when I lived in Hants.

BTW robbo, was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Was taken to a pub called the Hawksley Inn near Rogate (NE of Petersfield?). Not that I am a beer bore, but it is CAMRA Portsmoth and SE Hants district Pub of the year 2003. Nine real ales and top food, lovely roast beef and yorkies, much as you could eat!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: