Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 08:28:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, the Test Weekend.....  (Read 2289 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:43 am »

A few surprises then. Looks like we are going to get a decent race in all four classes.

Toyota much faster than I expected and looks to go a little further on fuel. Could be interesting. Reliability will have a hand as always, but the Audis are new as well. Not too keen on the blue though, look a little Peugeot like to me.

Deltashwing is another surprise. 50 odd laps on the same set of tyres that still looked new when they parked it up. I'd love to know how many laps it did on a single tank of fuel??

Petrol privateers were quiet. A big gap between them and the works cars. It would have been nice for the latest performance breaks to have more effect.

GT Pro is looking good. Not much between the main players. Should make for a cracking battle.

So maybe not as close as last year, but I think we are in for a pretty good race. I was worried that Audi would walk away with things at the front of the field and we would be left with finding our entertainment with the lower classes. Looks like that might  it be the case.

What do you guys think?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:45 am »

LMP1: Despite some quick Toyota laps at the test day I expect a clear run for Audi - after all Toyota will show up with a car that never raced before. Interesting though to watch might be the Audi-internal "battle" - will the Hybrid Diesel or the conventional Diesel be better?

LMP2: With 20 cars by far the largest class on the grid! This will really be a battle - lots of cars have the potential to win and the survival rate in LMP2 in the last 2 years was high. Reliability, once a big issue in this class, has really improved.

Innovation: Lot's of people questioned the respectability of the Deltawing entry in the past - but they have got their act together and the test day was proof that this thing works, so let's just step back and see what they can do. The fact that the tyres last so long isn't really surprising, after all those rubbers need to carry just half the weight and deal with less than half of the horsepowers compared to an LMP1 car.

GTE Pro / Am: Sadly the Beemers are missing, but the factory Corvettes and Astons as well as the various works supported Porsches and Ferraris will deliver an exciting race, i'm sure about that.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: