Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 05:30:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought you would all be moaning about ferry prices by now...  (Read 4314 times)
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2003, 03:08:36 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darren - Team Sharpe
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 09:37:06 pm »

Hmmmm not fair as it cost us £132.50!  But no frequent user discount.  How often do you use it to qualify as a frequent user?  We are going out on Wednesday back on Monday hence the difference price.

Anyway now we were safely booked I was going to suggest people looked at the Hoverspeed site as there special offers are out!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 09:55:48 pm »

How far/how long is Dieppe fro LM then?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 01:01:37 am »

DR , its about 40 miles , if that from Le Havre, and easy to get from.

Its on one of those map things , and just up from Fe Camp ( a WW2 historic site ) and nice place

Take life by the horns and live it.
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 11:49:03 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darren - Team Sharpe
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 11:49:22 pm »

In answer to earlier question you need to travel three times in a year to qualify for a discount card.  The card then allows 20% discount for the card holder.  The discount was also allowed against special offers.

We have found the Newhaven Dieppe route works best for us if you can get a ticket, in the past always booked quickly and Hoverspeed also seem to cancel the crossing route everey now and then.

Booked last year, followed by a weeks hols in France and a booze trip planned for later this month (£15 for a car !!), thus qualified me for the 20% discount.

Keep the rant line open.

Darren

p.s.  any one watch speed machines on channel 4 last night - dear dear bunny and all that..................

Well as ts a mere 30 minutes from here to Newhaven its my favourite route.  However they do have a habit of cancelling the crossings.  In 2002 I did the crossing 3 times and on all three occasions my crossing back was cancelled and on 2 of them I had to drive to Calais.

This year we couldn't get a booking bcak from Dieppe so I drove to Calais anyway!

Hmmm 3 crossings a year. probably manage that!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 08:43:11 am »

Chris - was that you with the epic trip that part of it was you went to sleep in a B&B on the way back down to Calais, and woke with the car in the middle of a market?  Or am I making this up?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 03:56:22 pm »

Chris - was that you with the epic trip that part of it was you went to sleep in a B&B on the way back down to Calais, and woke with the car in the middle of a market?  Or am I making this up?

That wasn't me!  My only claim to fame was in 2001 havong some scraot try and break in to the car whilst staying in Rouen.  They failed to get in, ripped off the the rear spoiler, and punctured a rear tyre, delaying me by 24 hours.  Rather a bugger for my travelling companions as my car had the cooking gear, bbq, coolboxes etc in it!  So when they got to Le Mans without me they had a problem!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: