Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 04:27:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More trouble for Pesca?  (Read 19586 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »

Stuart Hall has done a 3:41 in the Pesca so far, that's about 7 seconds faster than the original AMR-One did last year and its still going!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »

I didn't comment on this thread earlier due to my dislike of the grumpy old twat. He's a well know for being selfish and awkward, and it squares with what Jousse says:

"What I regret the most is that Henri let me know last when the whole of the team already knew.  His stubborn refusal to help me find another seat somewhere encouraged me to take legal action because this is a huge halt to my career which I truly don’t think I deserved.  Henri chose this course of action of seizing cars against the two Luxury Ferraris,  and I’ve followed in the same manner.  He can’t say anything against me.”

I don't believe Jousse was ever going to win this one, but if you treat folk like Henri does, what can he expect.

I hope his cars fail early.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:55 am »

I must admit I'm starting to dislike Henri's business actions. Having met him a few times and having read loads of interviews over the years I'd formed the opinion that he was a top bloke. The recent incidents have taken the shine off his halo a little. I really think its time he got some better management in to take care of the business side of things. He is doing himself and his team no favours at the moment.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »

More trouble for Pesca.

JCB has quit! He has decided not to drive the Pesca 03 after his crash in practice on Wednesday night and has walked away.

That leaves just two drivers in the car for the race- Collard and Hall.

I bet Julien Jouse is pissing himself with laughter.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 02:48:59 pm »

Is that it for Henri? It's not looking good is it.

A terrible weekend for sure. It looks like Dome are taking the car back to Japan and there is no budget for the 03 for the rest of the season.

If they had had a good Le Mans things might have been different, as it happens it was a farce and I can't see anyone putting any more money into the hat.

The 03 turned out to be just as bad as the AMR One. The engine is a dog and shook the cars to pieces in both cars which leads you to question why they used that engine to start with? Neither cars were built to take the vibration of a V8, even a good V8, so why use it. I know Henri has a good relationship with Judd and their V10 wasn't a bad motor, but that V8 (which is a rehash of the LMP2 spec motor that came from the days when LMP2 cars broke as soon as they saw daylight) is simply a out of date lump of crap.

The only way forward for Henri is to jump in bed with a manufacturer like Oreca has done, but on the recent business actions he has taken will turn them away in droves.

Sorry to say it, but I think it's time he called it a day.

Dick Dasterdly was right
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 06:31:04 pm »

I'm not much of an Henri fan, even though I do get the reasons why he's popular here.

Yes, he's a local, yes he's always available for any public event or interview going, yes he'll hop in any old French car and drive it round the circuit like he means it and yes, he seems very hands on and is always there mucking in with the team when he's needed but heck he appears - to my eyes at least - to be the very worst sort of manager.  What's more, I rarely hear him interviewed without his moaning about something.  You make your own luck and Henri seems to have made very little since he decided to put his name to a team.  The WEC looks as though it's going to kill any European championship so Henri's chances of doing anything good this year are surely slim to nothing.

The most upbeat he seemed this weekend was when he stepped out of the Matra.  He should have stuck to what he was good at and left it at that.  Leave the managing to de Chaunac, Leconte and co who are clearly far better at it.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 11:03:57 pm »

I thought I heard them say on Eurosport that he was retiring...? In fact I'm sure I did...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: