Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 08:12:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bernie Supports Murderers!  (Read 9882 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:44 am »

Weee, what fun!
So the Bahrain GP is a go for next week?
Nothing like like promoting a counrty that tortures & kills its own people.
Remember the days when F1 boycotted South Africa because it supported apartheid?
Doesn't matter now, Bernie says what the hell, you write a big enough check, we'll show up!
Can officially say f**k you & rot in hell to F1, will never watch one of your piece of sh*t races again..Fax
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:06 am »

Weee, what fun!
So the Bahrain GP is a go for next week?
Nothing like like promoting a counrty that tortures & kills its own people.
Remember the days when F1 boycotted South Africa because it supported apartheid?
Doesn't matter now, Bernie says what the hell, you write a big enough check, we'll show up!
Can officially say f**k you & rot in hell to F1, will never watch one of your piece of sh*t races again..Fax

Not just Bernie I'm affraid but his buddies at the FIA. Saw Bernie on TV trying to justify their dubious decision last night. Pretty poor really.

That said, if there are any genuine fans out there, when faced with dark times, a day of motor racing will lift their spirits. I'd be well pissed off if something i was looking forward to got cancelled at the eleventh hour because the leaders of my county were a bunch of tw*ts.

Probably the best solution was to not have it on the calendar to start with.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:28 am »

China's got a pretty poor record as well, but I guess they have greater economic clout so we are not worried.

What do any of us know what the situation in Bahrain is, we only get too see snippets on telly and its not front page news. That may change next week.

Re the South African GP, it was many years before the F1 movers and shakers woke up to the fact and it was cancelled. Plenty of sports car races took place their as well during the apartheid era.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:44:03 am »

China's got a pretty poor record as well, but I guess they have greater economic clout so we are not worried.

Do not under estimate the Bahrain government wealth funds who either directly or in directly control or fund through ownership of team sponsors. This must go right to the top of their Government Royal Family wanting to show the world that all is well in Bahrain.......yeh right.

So the Circus continues.

Good race yesterday though!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:14 am »

Nodric you make a good point, the race yesterday was in the land of some of the biggest violators of human rights in history.  Would be nice if the FIA & FIM woke up to the fact that most of their races are being held in countries were 99% of the population can't afford to go see a race, or are too terrified to give their opinion of the princes/shieks/dictators/murdering c**ts, writing the checks to promote them.  About time the  Bernie & FIA gets their collective heads out of the asses, and start thnking with a conscience, intead of their wallets.
I forgot... Its all about promoting races in emerging markets...
Fax
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:47 pm »

Using the logic of not going to a country with a chequered past of killing and maming people, the F1 world would severely limited.

There'd be no British GP - We were one of the main protagonists in the worlds biggest conflicts.
There'd be no USA GP - Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Afghanistan, WWII, Vietnam, and so on....
There'd be no Chinese GP
No Japanese GP
Nowhere in the Middle East would get a race.
You'd struggle to justify Australia - afterall, it's colonised by convicts
Italian GP - Romans weren't nice!

In fact, you'd pretty much be limited to places who surrendered at the merest hint of occupation or conflict.  And I really don't want to see how much of a mess F1 would be in if it was run by the French!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11:58 am »

As seems to be the consensus's, no of us are perfect, depends on how far you want to go back.
What I would say is that the Chinese GP at the weekend was one of the best races I have seen for many years, I think it would even surprise and impress Fax if he took time out to watch it
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:43 am »

I get the idea that none of us are perfect, and one can make the argument that at some point during their history, every government has been party to some sort of human rights violations. But in my humble opinion, which I fully understand admit counts for diddly squat, there's no way F1 should be going to Bahrain.  I was raised to understand the difference between right and wrong, and going there is not right.  Its about having integrity, or selling yourself out to however will cough up your sanctioning fee.
And yes SR, I did watch China, very happy for Nico, if for no other reason than I was a big fan of his old man, and a very entertaining last ten laps, or so, to boot.
Fax
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:52:22 am by Fax MKII » Logged
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »

We all dislike Bernie

And whats a jew doing in Bahrain anyway

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 02:53:19 pm »

Interesting rant by John Hindhaugh on this subject on Mid Week Motorsport last Wednesday.

Some discussion was given to the fact that England are in Sri Lanka playing cricket, all broadcast by the Beeb.

This is, of course, the same Sri Lankan Govt that holds responsibility for the deaths of over 44,000 Tamil separatists.

No one appears to be criticising either England, or the BBC, for travelling to Sri Lanka, thereby legitimising the Govt & its recent actions.

Just saying...

Crouch..........bind..........set
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 09:33:06 am »

..... I really don't want to see how much of a mess F1 would be in if it was run by the French!

Hang on a minute, when Monsieur Balestre was in charge and Bernie was just a "rebel" FOCA boy, didn't we have some lovely machinery that actually looked different and not all like the same car with a different paint job?

Oh and big rear tyres, cars breaking down and .. dare I mention it ... overtaking on the track without the need for gimmicks to make it happen? He might have been a bit of power-crazed monkey but at least he didn't bend over and take it in the name of money.

Gimme the 70s and the 80 anyday!!!  Wink
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:27:27 pm »

http://sniffpetrol.com/category/news/

pretty much spot on1

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:44 pm »

..... I really don't want to see how much of a mess F1 would be in if it was run by the French!

Hang on a minute, when Monsieur Balestre was in charge and Bernie was just a "rebel" FOCA boy, didn't we have some lovely machinery that actually looked different and not all like the same car with a different paint job?

Oh and big rear tyres, cars breaking down and .. dare I mention it ... overtaking on the track without the need for gimmicks to make it happen? He might have been a bit of power-crazed monkey but at least he didn't bend over and take it in the name of money.

Gimme the 70s and the 80 anyday!!!  Wink

The problem is, that F1 design and understanding has moved on so significantly, that without these "gimmicks", to which I assume you are referring to DRS and KERS, there would literally be no overtaking at all.

The cars which raced in the 70's and 80's, and were overtaking all over the place, were not doing so because they were glorious designs - they were doing so because they were primitive designs, and there was a fundamental lack of understanding of downforce and aerodynamics at the time.  These days, designers not only know how to make their cars aerodynamically efficient, but they know how to cause all sorts of issues to the cars chasing - thus effectively defending the car from the rear. 

DRS and KERS take away that aerodynamic advantage - and to my eyes, over the last couple of years, have improved the quality of entertainment in Formula 1 tenfold. 

A Balestre was a self important, egotistical idiot, who believed that F1 should be ruled by dictatorship, and that those who drove in races were simply puppets in HIS show. 

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 02:04:07 pm »

Sauber now saying thier team run into problems last night.

Bernie is playing with peoples lives now. This farce should stop regardless of the rights and wrongs of the protests.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 02:26:49 pm »

Much as I would love it to be cancelled the people involved will not do so as they will loss to much if they do, they must be praying that nothing else goes wrong but i fear there is much more trouble to come
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: