Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 08:32:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LD Lines  (Read 5235 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:25:25 pm »

Monsieur Dreyfus has now opened bookings for June 2012.

I've already booked my usual - out Sunday 10th 23.00 Portsmouth-Le Havre; in Monday 18th 17.00 Le Havre-Portsmouth.  Even with the addition of sleeper seats (at £24 each x3!!), it's still cheaper at £338 than the  £404 last year.  Brittany Pirates want nearly £500 for similar.   I booked mine over the phone, as I'm going over with a caravan, but not bringing it back, and I could only do this on the website by booking two separate journeys which came to £385 - but only £338 over the phone.

So, as someone else has already stated elsewhere, it's cheaper to get in early.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:45 pm »

Only seem to have the Portsmouth-Le Havre at present. No prices for Newhaven-Dieppe yet

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:18:40 pm »

Booked ours, Grin out 2300 on 10th back 1700 on 19th, car 4 adults and cabin both ways,cost £369.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:37:41 pm »

Are you expcting local Pikeys to nick you 'van then, Del?  Shocked
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:25 pm »

Our resident Pedestrian Petrolhead, that's me by the way, will be booking on Friday. I'll be doing my usual Plymouth to Roscoff run and back, leaving on Friday the 8th of June (0800 sailing) and coming back on June 18th (2300 sailing).

SHould cost me 25 quid deposit and another 50 quid in April for the return trip, or thereabouts. 
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »

Are you expcting local Pikeys to nick you 'van then, Del?  Shocked

He he.....

No.....I'm leaving the 'van on a site near Brionne in Normandy for a few days.  Wife and I will be coming back over for a 3-week hol.  Saves the cost and hassle of dragging the 'van back to the UK, and back over again a few days later, at a cost of about €3.50 per day for the 'garage mort' facility.  I reckon it saves me around £200 in ferry and fuel costs.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:41 am »

Are you expcting local Pikeys to nick you 'van then, Del?  Shocked

He he.....

No.....I'm leaving the 'van on a site near Brionne in Normandy for a few days.  Wife and I will be coming back over for a 3-week hol.  Saves the cost and hassle of dragging the 'van back to the UK, and back over again a few days later, at a cost of about €3.50 per day for the 'garage mort' facility.  I reckon it saves me around £200 in ferry and fuel costs.

Del

That's a good idea.

I'm about to buy a 'van myself & I slipped the idea of taking said acquisition to LM in 2012 & didn't get the expected negative response.

That's tantemount to a green light isn't it?  Grin

So I might investigate the same plan & see if SWMBO will go for it.

Do you have a link for the storage place please, Del?

Paul / Landman

[/quote]

Crouch..........bind..........set
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:15 am »

Good idea, Del - and I don't blame you.
Outlaws now keep their 'van in the Vendιe as it's only used for 6 weeks/year on the same site, so it was pointless to keep paying to bring it back/forth on Pompey/Caen.

Paul: I'd say that's a greenlight!
(I must look into a camper from Lux for me and young Ben then....)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »

Paul / Landman

Paul

It isn't a storage place as such.  Some (many!!) French campsites offer a 'garage mort' facility, which simply means you leave the 'van on a pitch, and you pay the reduced tariff.  I paid €8 per day earlier this year at a commercial site, which I thought was good until I saw the fees at other, especially municipal, sites.  In Central France on Le Loir, the fee was only €1 till the end of June, and €1.80 in peak season.  (Regular pitch fees at this site were only €11 per night including EHU.)  Up in Normandy, it seems to be more pricey, but I found a lovely municipal site at Le Bec-Hellouin where the fee is IIRC €3.50.  My group will be staying on the site for the Sunday night after the race, and we'll be leaving 2 'vans there for a few days.

Hope this helps

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:08 pm »

Taking our caravan over next week, found storage an hour from Le Mans, stored under cover in a hanger.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:46 pm »

Paul / Landman

Paul

It isn't a storage place as such.  Some (many!!) French campsites offer a 'garage mort' facility, which simply means you leave the 'van on a pitch, and you pay the reduced tariff.  I paid €8 per day earlier this year at a commercial site, which I thought was good until I saw the fees at other, especially municipal, sites.  In Central France on Le Loir, the fee was only €1 till the end of June, and €1.80 in peak season.  (Regular pitch fees at this site were only €11 per night including EHU.)  Up in Normandy, it seems to be more pricey, but I found a lovely municipal site at Le Bec-Hellouin where the fee is IIRC €3.50.  My group will be staying on the site for the Sunday night after the race, and we'll be leaving 2 'vans there for a few days.

Hope this helps

Del

Thanks Del, will investigate.

Paul.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: