Club Arnage
June 21, 2024, 10:32:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empty Spaces  (Read 5946 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:49:45 am »

The Houx Annexe had quite a few empty pitches this year. They seems to be in blocks as if groups had just failed to turn up or agencies had unsold tickets.

My plans came together late this year and I was able to get a pitch from an agency without any trouble at all and grandstand tickets for a bargain price on ebay and the grandstand also had quite a few empty seats.

Was this reflected on the other sites as well?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:47 am »

I noticed a few on MB, but literally just one or two. Overall, although the spaces were taken we all commented that it seemed 'quieter' this year.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:51 am »

...we all commented that it seemed 'quieter' this year.

Yes and wasn't it lovely!

Bleu wasn't quite so rammed as previous years.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:17 am »

Also felt Arnage was a little quieter: didn't particularly check but in previous years come Friday lunchtime there are normally several new arrivals driving round looking for a firebreak to pitch on whereas this year didn't notice any such overflow.
srh1234

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:00 am »

we all commented on it seemed less people about on the campsites,especially on wednesday and thursday,but the ferry out and back was a lot quieter than usual too
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 12:09:49 pm »

MB

Heaps off empty space up until friday night.

Lots of small groups ( 1 to 4 campsites ).

MB had more empty spaces in between on sat and sun.

Problem is to get a big blok / space , getting 1 or 2 places is easy.

Live life to the Max
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »

Yes Team Monkey noticed it was so much quieter this year too. Our situation was changed last year we were 8 - this year three - that reduction was pretty much on account of the economy.

Better start saving for 2012. :-)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »

we were down from 4 to 2 this year as well. It was very noticable on the Annexe and we ended up with a pretty large plot away from almost everyone else which suited us.

The site was also completely enclosed by a large fence which was new, and the site was quite a bit smaller than before, (or back to the pre expansion size when it exteded down to the ticket date)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

There was a fair few empty spaces on Houx, but these seemed to be the non numbered type which was like last few years. Possibly the ACO keep some back to cover any problems elsewhere.

Elsewhere on Houx it was hard to see as possibly campers seeing that they had a potential empty space used it for car parking, there did seem like less people camping but there looked like a lot more on the earth banking by the Esses fro the start.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »

No, sorry we are all wrong, looked up the ACO website and they are stating
249.500 tickets on the Saturday, an increase of 5% on 2010

S

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Irish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »

With the Pugs in lots of extra French are day tripping.

The "squeezed middle" did not attend this year.  You could see it on the way down, and in the lack of traffic issues on the Thursday.

Great weekend though.  Much more civilised.  First Le Mans since 2008 and I thought the facilities were much improved.

Very much like Team Langoustine.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 11:43:30 pm »

Both ferries there and back had quite a few empty spaces as did our part of BN. We were next to Delboy (I hope you are healing up OK Del) and ended up with our own pitch plus the addition af another pitch as a large front garden.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 12:00:25 am »

MB seemed quieter than usual this year with plenty of free space. Guess most of the CA lunatics (that's a compliment btw) have de-camped to BN now. I didn't show my face for rather obvious reasons but have to admit that I appreciated the relative calm on MB.

I tested negative for patience.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 11:18:01 am »

We were next to Delboy (I hope you are healing up OK Del)

Thanks Gary - doc reckons I've torn a few ligaments, gave me some strong painkillers and packed me off to physio.

On the thread subject - my group felt it was quieter, and there were quite a few empty spots on BN.  I didn't get to see much of the track  on raceday(s) due to the injury, so can't comment.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 12:03:41 pm »

It was quieter than other years at BN, also saw a few empty spaces up there.  We drove through Maison Blanche by bike on Friday, and it seemed also much quieter than other years.

At the track on Saturday, I felt it was really busy, altough I still saw some empty spots on the grandstands opposite the pits (I was sitting on grandstand above it).  From Dunlop to Tertre Rouge, it was very crowded on Saturday, looked like more people than in the past years.  When I got to the inside of Tertre Rouge around midnight, it was still very busy up untill 2 am.  During the night and on Sunday it was calmer though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: