Club Arnage
June 21, 2024, 10:23:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Charity fund  (Read 5065 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:53:15 am »

Hi there,

I'm planning the same call for charity contributions in the CA Guide as last year:

Could someone tell me how much we raised last year with the guide? The figure below is from 2009. And could someone check the payment details below? Is bank account and that stuff still valid?

Cheers

Werner

Call for Donations – Please help to support Club Arnage's chosen charities

Thank you for choosing to download this year’s Club Arnage (CA) guide. As usual the guide is free. However we are once again asking you to spare a few Pounds / Euros / Dollars for charity as a way of thanks to those who gave their time and skills putting the guide together. Thanks to all those who donated in the past, last year we raised £746.76 – a little bit disappointing since more than 4.000 copies were downloaded. Don’t be a cheap Charlie; it’s for a good cause!
This year we are supporting the following charities:
•   Association of International Cancer Research, charity registration no. SC022918: The AICR funds cutting edge research into the causes of cancer. In the past 26 years, they have supported a large variety of projects in all corners of the world. Currently they have more than 220 projects underway. For further details please see www.aicr.org.uk
•   Motorsport Safety Fund, charity registration no. 296802: After the death of Roger Williamson at Zandvoort in 1974, a fund was set up in his name with the primary aim of educating marshals on fire fighting and rescue techniques. In 1987, it was reconstituted as the Motor Racing Safety Fund and became a registered UK charity with the wider scope to generally aid improvements in safety standards at motorsport events. For further details please see www.motorsportsafetyfund.com
Payment can be made by bank transfer, Paypal, cheque or cash to the Club Arnage Charity Fund from where the funds will be divided equally to each of the 2 charities listed above.
•   Bank transfer: Account name: Club Arnage, Bank: Natwest Bank, Account Number 78121469, Sort Code 60-03-27, IBAN: GB31 NWBK 6003 2778 1214 69, BIC NWBK GB 2L
•   Paypal: Please go to www.paypal.co.uk and donate to cafund@hotmail.co.uk. Please note: You need a paypal-account to do so.
•   Cheque or cash: Derek Appleyard, 9 Park Crescent, Cossington, Somerset, TA7 8LD, United Kingdom – Please make cheques payable to “Club Arnage”
Thank you very much in advance from all of us
Club Arnage

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:52 pm »

Replied via email, Werner

Del

Team Delboy Racing
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29:14 pm »

Just an idea....

Maybe if every donation over say £2 was given a raffle ticket number for a prize draw, held after or during Le Mans more people would donate. (Ideally the draw live on RLM!)

Of course suitable prize(s) would have to be donated/brought out of the funds.

Simon

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »

Just an idea....

Maybe if every donation over say £2 was given a raffle ticket number for a prize draw, held after or during Le Mans more people would donate. (Ideally the draw live on RLM!)

Of course suitable prize(s) would have to be donated/brought out of the funds.

Simon

Unfortunately that would be illegal under current legislation.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:41:22 pm »

Taking out one large 'special' donation of £100, the average donation last year was £8.94.  In fact there were:
two at £2
two at £3
five at £5
two at €10

- the rest were £10 or more.

I feel that to include an incentive if a given amount is donated will result in many people donating that amount only, and to make the incentive amount £10 or more is somewhat presumptive.

The only suggestion I would make is that the call for donations is made more prominent, say the first page after the front cover.        

Del

Team Delboy Racing
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 11:36:11 pm »

OK it was just a suggestion, however 4000 downloads at £2 each is quite a bit more than the £700 odd raised. But as it appears to be against current legislation there is no point in going any further unless there is a way around it.

simon

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Steve TR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:24 am »

Could you not host the guide with one of 'those' sites that pay dividends for downloads?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 07:05:07 am »

Hi all,

thanks a lot for the feedback guys - and for the detailed information about last year's donations, Del.

As to your suggestions:

I will put our "call for donations" on the very first page of the guide this year, may be that helps a little. People who want to download it will see it anyway before they get to the actual download page - I think that's the most I can do

Hosting the site on a "pay per download" bases is not an option, at least not for this year. All contributors - and there are some professional authors and photographers amongst them - have given us their permission based on the assumption that - although we call for a donation - the guide is a free download.

Let's hope there'll be some more donations this year

See you all in June

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:19:01 am »

Hi Werner,
              Perhaps a follow up "Donation Reminder" at or near the end of the guide.
We hope you have found the Guide useful......etc.
Phil
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

I dont know if it is possible, but maybe put the download of the guide on a page, where it is possible to selle advertising space. And then it would also mean some work to find sponsers that i willing to pay xxx pence pr. download/visit.

Kenn

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: