Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 12:23:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding in France  (Read 22456 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 03:51:12 pm »

Yes, dear old Chrome is useful in that it's instant translation, but it's a literal translation & often leaves much to be desired, hence why folks with language skills will always be more accurate with the detail.  Cool

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 06:26:23 pm »

Still can't find out if you have to wear a hi-viz noddy jacket yet. Huh
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 07:10:11 pm »

Not yet.  None of this is law.  The only part of the new regs which they had begun to implement was the removal of the panels which wasn't a legal requirment in the first place.  Every change in the law has to go through parliament.  As kpy says - take care to stick to the CURRENT rules of the road (as these may be enforced more vigourously) and don't worry too much about the new ones yet to be passed.  We'll keep you posted. Smiley

Meanwhile, Barry, as a biker - can you tell me what the problem would be to wear one anyway.  A lot of bikers on another forum (France related) which I frequent are very unhappy about this.  Please explain to Mme 4 wheels what the problem is. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:48 pm »

You can't show off the badges on your heavy duty leather jacket you are wearing?  Huh

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »

As Deb says, the law has yet to be changed. In fact they have yet to announce what form the reflective clothing should take.
I've ended up in hospital twice after being knocked off my cycle whilst minding my own business. Each time the motorist causing the accident didn't see me. "Think twice, think bike" is a good slogan, but what harm can a little extra visibility do?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35:31 pm »

Meanwhile, Barry, as a biker - can you tell me what the problem would be to wear one anyway.  A lot of bikers on another forum (France related) which I frequent are very unhappy about this.  Please explain to Mme 4 wheels what the problem is. Smiley

I think the basic reason is the type of people who ride bikes don't like being told what to do.
As to there effectiveness, if the SMIDSY's can't see a bike with it's headlight on, then a hi-viz will make little difference.
Also there is some who think the less loose clothing there is to catch on something while you are sliding down the road the better thats why you should never wear a chain looped over your shoulder.
Much more dangerous is the new rule on daylight running lights on cars, at the moment we stand out (headlights on). When all cars have to have running lights we again merge into the general background light clutter.

Pushbikes are another matter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:40:49 pm by Barry » Logged
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 10:23:49 pm »

I think the basic reason is the type of people who ride bikes don't like being told what to do.

Huh
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

I'n only allowed to ride pushbike and 49 cc, but still I don't like to be told what to do. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: