Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 02:06:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning New layout at Calais Eurotunnel Terminal  (Read 2679 times)
helmetpurple
CA Veteran

old timer

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »

We returned last night from an excellent trip to the test day to find that the shuttle terminal at Calais has been redesigned..  You now have to go through customs security and UK border control before getting to the terminal.

It took us 80 minutes to clear all that. So if it was aimed at speeding up the process it failed miserably.

The queue for the tolls was well back onto the motorway feeder road.  The hold up was as you might have guest due to the UK border check despite having all the booths manned

We were booked on the 19 10 crossing but were offered two earlier times at the check in.  However, due to the process time we just managed to catch the booked departure, although no chance to visit the terminal.

So be warned.  The 30 mins suggested by Eurotunnel for latest arrival is a tad Walter Mitty.  You need to allow at least double that.

Le Mans  ~ The meaning of life
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:41 am »

I guess it's a volume problem then, we used the tunnel back in March and it worked perfectly!  Now it's almost one queue rather than two separate ones.  Under the old scheme you'd wander around the terminal building thinking you had plenty of time only to find a massive queue at the border control!

But.... when it's really busy there is a problem at almost all of the terminals, train or ferry!  Coming back into Portsmouth last June was chaos as the Vomit Comet we were on was running late so arrived at the same time as two conventional ferries.  Hopefully with an earlier departure time it won't be such a problem this year.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:47:46 am »

I used tunnel last tuesday and yes the border control was causing some delays before the terminal, however cancelled trains had an even greater effect and if i had not been a little sneaky with the letter sheet given to me on the way out the delays would have been several hours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: