Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 06:22:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am sorry Aston Martin but  (Read 10562 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

this car is f***ing ugly.

IMHO, of course. angel

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

Agreed !
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:36:59 pm »

Thank god for Gulf colours.  It does seem to have the looks and aerodynamics of an old shoe

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »

Had the same feeling at Le Castellet a few weeks ago ... Actually, after a while it still looks so ugly that you start to like it Grin

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:24 am »

Seems like they continue to impress in the track as well. One has blown an engine and Prodrive have forgot to pack a spare so its out until they rebuild it.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
crackit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 11:32:42 am »

Have you missed the point?

Who gives a rats arse as long as it wins!
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 11:39:15 am »

Is that a pig that I just saw flying past the window. Grin
crackit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:57 am »

Ha! Stranger things have happened. It probably is too much this year.  Grin Who would have bet against the pugs winning last year.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 12:59:12 pm »

I think I'll make my mind up when I see it in the flesh (carbon fibre). If it's leading after half way I'm sure we'll all think it's the most beautiful machine ever built!

I tested negative for patience.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 06:32:28 pm »

I'll be really happy if it is leading at half distance but it still won't change the fact that it ain't pretty.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »

TBH I dont really care if the car is ugly but that was not a good start, one car hardly turned a wheel and the other out before the 2nd session started. You could maybe excuse both cars breaking if they where even quick, but that was not the case.

Fingers crossed that the team get back to the UK and sort out the cylinder liners for Spa, but that sort of problem should have been resolved on the bench.

Dave Richards must be a very concerned guy, maybe they should pull the plug this year if they cant find some serious pace in the next few weeks, regroup and test before trying again in 2012.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 07:52:31 pm »

There's the old saying in racing that if it looks right, it'll probably be quick.  Now, there have been some butt-ugly cars that have managed to be race winners, and some fast looking cars that have turned out to be turkey's.  But that car just doesn't look right, and judging by its pace, its not very quick.  I don't know where its losing time over the course of a lap (fast corners, slow corners, straight line speed, braking. etc), but the meeting at Ricard did not bode well things for Le Mans.  Ricard, although shorter, has a similar flow the Sarthe, relatively flat, smooth as a billiard table, with a very long straight broken up by chicanes. Doesn't look encouraging for the Aston guys.
Fax
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:46 pm »

They had an interview with darren turner who said it handled well but couldn't out accelerate a gt car.
Sadly it ain't pretty and the engine ain't good enough.
For what its worth yes I would have bet against the Peugeot last year. Audi will always be there at the end.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:25 pm »

I was hoping that there would be a more balanced response today but I hardly saw the thing move, let alone got a chance to photograph it in anger.  Not that I care as it's never been a marque which captured my imagination but I doubt if they attracted many new followers this weekend.  Back to the drawing board, chaps. Sad

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 04:12:09 am »

They had an interview with darren turner who said it handled well but couldn't out accelerate a gt car.
Sadly it ain't pretty and the engine ain't good enough.
For what its worth yes I would have bet against the Peugeot last year. Audi will always be there at the end.

I'm hopin' Audi puts it to the puggers but do you mean "Audi will always be there at the end" like at Sebring, 5 laps down???  Huh
Endurance racing has it's twists and turns as always... Wink

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: