Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 10:24:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurburgring 24 Hours, June, anyone interested in a trip ?  (Read 3475 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:17:58 pm »

Since I can't make Le Mans this year, I am thinking about a trip to the Nurburgring 24 hours on 25 & 26 June instead. Driving over in my Audi A4 Avant, for the whole 4 days and possibly a couple of days touring local areas on route before heading to the ring.

At present, no firm plans, just ideas and I am putting this out there to see if there is any interest from anyone who would like to join me on the trip because at the moment its just me in the car.

Never been before so I would also welcome any advice on camping and anything else useful.

Regards
Chris
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:46:50 pm »

Ho hum... I like the Nurburgring. Someone will be along soon with the campsite details. If I had a job (!!) and could have got the time off I may have joined you, but without one my style is somewhat cramped this year, especially given the budget blowing trip to Florida.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:28:28 pm »

Arhh yes. Nurburgring 24 in 2009.  Can't remember much except Jager bombs and a camper van!

I believe we camped in the site east of Mullenbach by the F1 circuit - but get there early, it'll be seething with them ........

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:46:38 pm »

I've only ever been for the 1000km, twice IIRC. Here's the campsite http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/. ISTR a bit of a catch with having to pay in full days so it always costs you a day more than youreally want to stay, but it was reasonable enough and a short walk to it's own bar and "clubhouse" (food available), clean facilities, and just over the road from the Ford Kurve.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »

I'm there, will be arriving on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Not really into camping though, as I've got lots of photogear, laptop and other stuff with me ...  I'm looking into hotels right now, and trying to find something within a reasonable distance from the track.  I know my way pretty well around the 'Ring, so don't mind to drive a few km's on and off to a hotel.

There are several campsites around the track, this map shows them : http://adac.24h-rennen.de/Accomodation.217.0.html?&L=1&cHash=f6a7d1bb2f.  If you want a good spot, be there early.  Last year I went for a drive on the Ring on the Monday before the race, and some were already setting up camp then.  Popular area's are Brünchenn (show up early for this one, Wednesday may be too late), Schwalbenschwanz (inside of the small carroussel), Breidscheid (lowest point of the track, near Adenau) or at the back of the GP Strecke (not next to the track as all the other ones).  Accomodation is poor, if there is any ... just some mobile toilets and that's it; also one of the reasons why I prefer a hotel instead. 

BMW is having an M-festival (http://www.m-power.com/_open/b/varlink2.jsp?lang=en&sNr=1), but not really worth the money for me (and I'm driving an M) ...

If you've got any questions ... just shoot !

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:23:19 pm »

Chris there are a few off Northloop going maybe worth while joining and meeting them as a few are local and english

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:08:57 am »

Thanks for the info Kev, just registered on the forum and looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Regards
Chris
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »

See....this is how the 2009 Nurburgring trip started.....
It ended in a pile of butter covered bodies, third degree burns, sh1t on the bonnet of my car, and drifting around the local roads....

I think I'll give it a miss - I'm not entirely sure 2009 could ever be bettered.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: