Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 05:36:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacques Spits his Dummy Out.  (Read 7710 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2003, 10:12:39 am »

On a F1 subject I see Jacques Villeneuve has pulled out of the Japan GP. Well all I can say Jacques is Blub Blub Blub. Just making himself out to be a big tosser me thinks.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 12:25:39 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 01:03:21 pm »

The end of JV at Bar means the end of BAR. With the two no-hopers driving for them, it won't be long before they replace Minardi at the back of the grid. Could be an oportunity for 'beardie' branson to start an F1 team
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 01:14:04 pm »

Ah ha! Sav you have fallen foul of the first rule of modern F1. You actually come into this with the perfectly reasonable misconception that you believe the teams are in F1 to win. Or at least do as well as possible.

They are NOT! They are in it to make money, sell international branded crap to the masses and build little empires. Once you have grasped this, all the rest then makes sense.

And keep that bearded jumper wearing fool out of it. No second thoughts, come on in Richard, the water's lovely...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 02:18:51 pm »

It's actually good for him. Where was/would he (be) go/ing (strike out the appropriate words Grin) with BAR, not far really. And the fact that BAR pulled in Sato for the Suzuka GP only underlines Andy's theory about F1: It's a muppet show.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 02:19:51 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 10:46:30 pm »

Hurrah , another time to jump on the I hate F1 soapbox at th the moment soapbox.

I do . its terrible . If you have two drivers then they drive . Obviously the sponsers need the higher revenue withthe Asian drivers at an asain GP . Honda wont win it at the moment . They cant beat Shu man .

Grand prix legends sent out a book to all previous customers , and 1/3 of the book contained Ferrari F1 or Shu things . His revenue for the sport must be more than Minardi have all year to spend.

What happens if shue gets taken out first corner , by Montoya ( no other driver has the gumption) . Will Shue win by default as it wasnt a fair racing incident .

Bulls Ocks it is now . Oy Bernie , you reading this thread , if not youre missing out on the "Fans" views .

Jacques crap anyway  Wink

Take life by the horns and live it.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 01:00:07 am »

JV leaving has been on the cards for months (some say years)

My daughter nearly knee-caped him the night befor the British GP when he was with Williams, its a long story, but it had somthing to do with a baby car seat and pizza.

Always throught it was a shame that C Pollock called his team BAR. To hear Murry anonce that "there was a pair of Polloks on the front row..."

Fax
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 06:28:55 am »

Okay, time for a reality check for all of those asses who have just started following the sport in recent years.  First off, Jacques is a bitch of a racing diver...simply put.  His only mistake has been out of loyalty to Pollack, to shackle himself to this pile of sh*t called BAR.  This is a guy who took the Formula Atlantic championship is his first season,  took the CART title in his second full season,  won the Indy 500 that same year (a bit more about that in a second) led his first GP for most of the race before slowed by a oil leak and was World Champion in his second year in F1.  You don't do these things by being a complete c**t!  His 500 win was f@3cking majestic!  Came from two laps down to take the win in a race as gladatorial as anything on the planet.  Don't give me a bunch of bullshit about what a test of man & machine Le Mans is.  When your spending three hours rocketing around a narrow 2.5 mile oval,  surrounded by concrete walls, lapping at an average of 225 MPH,  clipping apexes at 240 MPH...That's a test of what clanks when you walk!  The fact that he can't stand to have to sit and listen to stupid questions from complete w**k*rs like Nigel Roebuck (Jesus somebody just put a cork in his ego!) doesn't make him a sh*t, just has no tolerance for f**k*ng idiots.  Man, the guy is so tired of being asked about stupid refernces to his old man.  You can't blame him for being aloof.  I spoke to him the morning of his Atlantic win at Mi-Ohio in '93 and he was laid back as hell, f**k*ng great to BS with, but then again, I didn't shove a microphone in his face and say something moronic like "Are you going to win this race for your dad?"
Fax
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 08:08:54 am »

Easy, Fax, easy...  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 10:06:32 am »

There is no doubt that JV is a great driver. He stunded every on at Williams in his 1st year, and that overtaking move on the outside of the Parabolic (I think, too early in the morn) was a stonker. He is a a racers racer, he pushes very hard on everything. I have a JV BAR nose cone at home and to say it is incompleat would be an understatement.

But he will not do the PR thing, and according to some throws his toys out of the pram at the earlist opp, (well it is his team) look how he reacted to Button's arrival (some of the team wernt to keen either!) like John Mcanrow in his hay-day and yes I guess he must get a bit miffed at all the questions about his dad, but bad luck for getting the driving very fast gene!

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 10:18:51 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 11:10:49 am »

There is no doubt that JV is a great driver. He stunded every on at Williams in his 1st year, and that overtaking move on the outside of the Parabolic (I think, too early in the morn) was a stonker. He is a a racers racer, he pushes very hard on everything. I have a JV BAR nose cone at home and to say it is incompleat would be an understatement.

But he will not do the PR thing, and according to some throws his toys out of the pram at the earlist opp, (well it is his team) look how he reacted to Button's arrival (some of the team wernt to keen either!) like John Mcanrow in his hay-day and yes I guess he must get a bit miffed at all the questions about his dad, but bad luck for getting the driving very fast gene!
My sentiments exactly. I don't doubt his driving ability, I just think the bloke dosn't do himself any favours and makes himself out to be a complete tosser. Aothough he has checked Danni Minogue's temperature with his beef thermometer though.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 12:33:51 pm »

he has checked Danni Minogue's temperature with his beef thermometer though.

And NAtalie Imbruglia's!!!  Tongue
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 01:42:15 pm »

So they are right to drive like JV you need big          (fill in the blank)

As for Sato, I think he will be v handy on Sunday, also hes a top bloke lives local to me, drives historics too, OK takes the corners of Lotus at Monaco

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 02:57:28 pm »

JV good, GV better! Best even.

When I were a lad Gilles V was a great hero. I remember him in the Ferrari fighting with the Renault Turbos like a man possessed. When he got a full blow out on the back tire, bodywork all smased to bits, he refused to slow down and was sliding everywhere. He came into the pits and said something like "stick another f**k*ng wheel on it and send me out again". What a geezer!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: