Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 12:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurburgring 24 Hours 2011: Going On Foot  (Read 2905 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:55 am »

Greetings, fellow citizens of this fair realm.

I've been doing Le Mans now since 1999 and, with one exception, every visit I've made has been on foot carrying whatever I need on my back. I've got a route there and back that's fairly simple and that I know and like and I've got a clear idea of what I need to take.

For next year, I'm giving serious consideration to, shock horror, giving the Holiest of Holies that is the 24 Hours a miss and going instead to the Nurburgring 24 Hours (hopefully before the German Green Party have the Nordschleife turned into a cycle path or something equally appalling). I've always wanted to visit the infamous 'Ring, pootle round it in one of the Ring Taxi's and so on, but as I don't have a car or a driver's licence (medical reasons) I'll also have to be doing a trip to the 'Ring on foot.

Any advice for a Nurburgring Newbie who'll be carrying the world on his shoulders from Plymouth to Nurburg and back?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:21:43 am »

None, other than I believe you'd do well to pre-book the Ring Taxi as it was full when I went to go in it. Could have got next day, but I was on my way back by then...

If you have the money, there is a company on the left as you turn into the approach road (Janspeed, Ripspeed, something like that) who were doing laps in a Viper - €260 a few years back so out of my reach but that would be an experience. ISTR the Ring Taxi was about €80 three years ago.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:03 am »

Also be aware that the Nurburgring 24 is on the full Nordschleife circuit and, thus, you probably won't get to run around the Nordschleife in the taxi (or any thing else for that matter).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:49 pm »

Was open on the Monday that we left Steve - seem to recall it was open before the race as well.  However given that we were all a little worse for wear for the ENTIRE weekend, we didn't think it was a good idea!! Smiley

Plus...Steve Zarse was puking within 5 minutes of leaving the camp - so god only knows how he would have felt belting round in my motor Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:06:06 am »

True Brad, I think we were all suffering the effects of smoke inhalation!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: