Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:30:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone 1000k  (Read 53814 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 10:03:17 pm »

Driving license appeared in the post at lunchtime so Silverstone here I come. Grin

Too late to book camping on line so awaiting e-mails from the campsites to find out who can squeeze me in (ooh, er!)  Hopefully will be at Whittlebury with you lot (tent pitching assistance gratefully received!)

We have two pitches at WH, sure we can squeeze an extra car & tent on the two 6m x 7m pitches [unless Barry & Jo also turn up!]

Crouch..........bind..........set
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 10:27:44 am »

You guys are all mega, as per. Where else but CA?

I haven't heard from Whittlebury yet but obviously will try to get my own pitch as it's more practical (my tent's quite big as I can't use a crawl in one any more). Once I do I'll make my final plans and keep you posted. 

Thanks for all the offfers of help, guys.  On this forum, anything is possible!
 Kiss

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 10:44:20 am »

Hi all,

could someone who has been to Silvertonepoint me out on the atteched map where the main gate is? Or isn't it in this area?

Or what is the closest gate to the paddock?

Thanks

Werner

* silverstone_800x566.jpg (100.31 KB, 800x566 - viewed 340 times.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:32:38 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 10:46:17 am »

Top left hand corner of your map, iirc.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:33 am »

The car parks are those grey blobs in the left hand corner. Head north and you will find the entrance.

When we went 2 years ago they had separate kiosks for those who were paying by cash and by card.
Quiet long queues to pay by card, no queue to pay by cash.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 11:54:37 am »

Still having doubts to get over to Silverstone next weekend ...  anyone have a good suggestion for a good hotel or B&B near  the track ?  (not really into camping with all my cameragear)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:58:02 am by Dottore » Logged

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:13 pm »

I had a good trawl around laterooms last night and there was nowhere available on the Saturday night within a reasonable distance.  If you're prepared to drive from Oxford I know somewhere quite reasonable there. I know it's a bit of a treck but 40 mins or so is about the best you'll do from what I can see.

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »

I had a good trawl around laterooms last night and there was nowhere available on the Saturday night within a reasonable distance.  If you're prepared to drive from Oxford I know somewhere quite reasonable there. I know it's a bit of a treck but 40 mins or so is about the best you'll do from what I can see.

Thanks for the tip !  Found some hotels in Milton Keynes through booking.com, should be about 17k from Silverstone ?

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:55 pm »

I'm just turning up Saturday morning now, should be on Whittlebury by 10ish. I'll just pay on the day. Have arranged to meet Ade (ajw) but have you other Whittlebury campers got pitches together?
No doubt I'll find you.......

I tested negative for patience.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »

As far as I am aware, we are turning up on Saturday morning and paying on the gate. No need to search for us, you will hear Brad.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »

Driving license appeared in the post at lunchtime so Silverstone here I come. Grin

Too late to book camping on line so awaiting e-mails from the campsites to find out who can squeeze me in (ooh, er!)  Hopefully will be at Whittlebury with you lot (tent pitching assistance gratefully received!)
I'm arriving at Whittlebury on Friday afternoon if that's not too late to give you a hand.

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 06:38:24 pm »

Thanks for the tip !  Found some hotels in Milton Keynes through booking.com, should be about 17k from Silverstone ?

Stayed here this year, nice spot, beer good, room Ok

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Best-Western-Jersey-Arms-83710/Hotel-Info/Default.aspx?

Is about 30 min from circuit and easy to get to. There was also places a Buckingham and closer worth checking web site.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 07:10:01 pm »

Oh what fun,

Still planning to go to Silverstone next week, but work is still top priority, so still not confirmed yet.

But in the mean time, thought if we do go see if I could find a take away to deliver for Sat night.

Great idea, used google maps to find one,

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Whittlebury&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

try this, do search nearby, and type in "take away" and look at "A" (near silverstone) and see the fastest Indian takeaway ever. (if it google search works)

I want to see their delivery cars now  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 07:16:01 pm »

Heh!

Came up as "C" on mine  Grin

Maybe Chandok has a new job as delivery driver now he seems to be out of Hispania  Cool

Crouch..........bind..........set
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 08:19:59 pm »

Have arranged to meet Ade (ajw) but have you other Whittlebury campers got pitches together?
No doubt I'll find you.......

In a previous year we all told Whittlebury we were CA and, theoretically at least, they put us together but I do remember that Ade was some way off.....

I'll be going straight to the circuit on arrival on Friday to catch practice sessions and hook up with Werner then around to Whittlebury afterwards to tent pitch etc.  No response from them at all so I'll phone them on Monday to see if they can squeeze me in.  I'd be surprised if the place was completely full.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: