Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 07:58:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Schumacher/Senna bashing thread.  (Read 12775 times)
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 01:11:12 pm »

I must be in a minority here. I always loved watching Senna drive  Shocked yes he was reckless at times but sheer brilliant as well & always gave 110% percent.
The 1st GP I went to was Brands 86 being 17 & seeing the black & gold cars with a yellow helmet was a real eye opener.

I remember watching I think it was Mexico when he thought he could go through a corner flat when no-one else did. it ended up badly but he tried it. also who can forget the last lap blinders in qualifying Shocked
He believed the man upstairs would always look out for him. up till Imola he was right.

I for one miss him Cry 
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 02:22:01 pm »

with a yellow helmet 

Big H,the stage is yours  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53:24 pm »

with a yellow helmet 

Do not, repeat NOT, Google "yellow helmet" and hit the "I feel lucky" button.

Or indeed, "blue waffle".

You will need mind bleach.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »

My two cents worth, most of the juvenile on-track behavior we see in motor racing now can be squarely laid at the feet of one Ayrton Senna de Sliva. Until he came into F1 there was a unwritten code of coduct, a racers ethic if you like.  It was a gentlemans sport, played by adults, especially at the highest levels (read F1).  Senna came along and acted like a complete twat, swerving at people on the track, deliberately making contact, overall behaving like a thug ontrack, and a spoiled little prima donna off it.  There was nothng dignified or honourable about his antics.  The other drivers compained endlessly about his conduct to the FIA, but the FIA being their usual spineless selves did nothing, and the result being all the young drivers coming up through karting and the junior formulas saw Senna getting away with all sorts of crap and assumed they could too.  Schumacher being a perfect example.  His taking Reubens almost into the pitwall was a carbon copy of what Senna did to Prost at Estoril in 1988.  Its absolutely mind-boggling!  No regard for the safety of your colleague (who used to be your faithful teamate), or for the dozens of people standing along the pitwall!  Both Schumacher & Senna behaved like immature punks on the track, and arrogant, spoiled asses off of it.
Fax

We have agreed to disagree on the subject of Senna on a number of occasions Fax (nice to hear from you as always) so obviously I can't let this go completely unchallenged. :-)  I thought the tribute on Top Gear was pretty balanced really - it emphasised his ruthless desire to win - while respecting and admiring his extraordinary ability to control and drive a racing car. This was supported by the contributions and comments of a number of F1 drivers past and present - which was interesting.

As for the move by Schumacher on Sunday - I was astonished and slightly saddened by it really - it was all rather desperate and pathetic - so find myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly FAX with regard to that
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 06:16:20 pm »

with a yellow helmet 

Do not, repeat NOT, Google "yellow helmet" and hit the "I feel lucky" button.

Or indeed, "blue waffle".

You will need mind bleach.

I guess I should know by now to believe what you say AZ (I hope you are well by the way?) But curiosity got the better of me and as you said don't – then how could I not? The 'Yellow helmet' search resulted in a slightly macabre site outlining a theory on the demise of the great A Senna - but told us nothing more than we already knew. So feeling comforted that nothing too bad could happen I embarked on search number two. I was about to drink a nice cup of tea and wonder now if I will ever again feel comfortable imbibing this fine beverage  - as it is in danger of being forever associated with the shocking results of the 'blue waffle' search from which I may never recover.

AZ I will never question anything you say again. :-)

Well perhaps not for a day or two.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »

Same here monkey. As the yellow helmet was harmless, I thought the blue waffle would also be. What has been  seen....  Cry

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:39 pm »

I have never seen anything quite like it - I would hate to think it had ever been used for what nature intended  Undecided
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 07:36:29 pm »

It is a shame such gruesome images as the "Yellow Helmet" can be posted on a "Senna" site, unnecessary, and would particularly upsetting for his close friends and family and fans, however flawed he was. I does however highlight the fact that you can break anything if you try hard enough and it was the result of the shear velocity of the debris following the high speed impact of Senna's crash. The worry is that the nanny state safety police could use Schmacher's actions as an example of the sport not being able to police itself and use it to put further safety constraints in and take away the ability for motorsport competitors to "Race" responsibly.

Blue Waffle...dont go there.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 08:16:22 pm »

Too true. I am shocked and almost on the verge of pressing the "Report to Mod" button. I was just sitting down to a nice plate of kippers for my dinner and up came Blue Waffle. Zarse, you are one sick bastard, but then perhaps that is why you are one of the stars of CA Wink

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »

I wish I didn't Google it   Shocked  Grin
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAvSZPHSZ4&feature=related  

Murray and James commentating. Prost. Damon. Schumacher. Senna.  

6th on the grid to 1st at the end of the first lap in the wet just by good driving...it wasn't always like it, but then you could play last of the late brakers and not go scything into the scenery because of a lack of downforce.....mechanical grip is the answer

MG Mark
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:03:12 pm by mgmark » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 10:31:23 am »

The donnington race was truly a genius at work, there where many others as well.

Thats what makes the examples of recklessness even more shocking as he did not need to do it. Neither does MS. He could win anyway.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 12:29:21 pm »

Pop over to www.jamesallenonf1.com 

The third topic down has an excellent photo of the incident last weekend, Rubens was so close to the wall from the shot posted Shocked

There some interesting post on his forum
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »

There was still enough room, about the width of a paper sheet  Undecided

Holly crap... I haven't seen the race and certainly not this picture before but this looks rather like an assault  than a racing line.  Roll Eyes

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:59 am »

Personally, given Schumacher's established history of deliberately taking other drivers off the track when it suits him (Damon Hill) and trying to but not succeeding (Jacques Villeneuve), I'd prefer to see him permanently barred from racing, not only in F1 but in any other kind as well. He's not just a serial cheat, but he's also a dangerous serial cheat and now a proven menace to anyone who happens to be in his way.

With the Barrichello incident, MS wasn't even defending a point-scoring position, he wasn't going to win the race and he's never been in contention for the championship, which makes his actions all the more reckless and irresponsible. If he is allowed to continue getting away with stunts like this with only a slap on the wrist then what is currently a relatively uncommon occurrence is likely to spread because other drivers may well think that MS getting away with it means they can as well.

It's time the FIA made an example of him, revoked his race licence and stopped him driving completely, as far as I'm concerned.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: