Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 07:50:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Schumacher/Senna bashing thread.  (Read 12773 times)
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »

Did anyone see the Senna tribute on last weeks Top Gear??? I have to admit to not knowing an awfull lot about that era of racing but I never realised what a dirty player of the game he was.

You can kinda understand Schumacher trying to run Rubens into the wall though.....

Schumacher pretending to be the "Stig" on Top Gear then Rubens beating the Stigs lap time and walking around with a "I beat the stig" T-shirt on  Grin Grin Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:26:32 pm »

That's better - I always thought that Schumi deserved his own thread.  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »

I refer to my post on the Mercedes thread, my feelings haven't changed in the two hours or so.
Fax
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:37 pm »

Sorry dont believe Scummi deserves his own thread..... I going back to the other one....
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:41:11 pm »

Hey, stop trying to divert the subject............
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:38 pm »

Me Huh That's pure sarcasm... I'm not a great fan of F1 and never was (Ok, long ago in 1978 I was - Mario Andretti in Zolder, my first race ever - I was 9 years old and that hooked me to motor sport).
I've never been a fan of Mercedes or Ferrari and you should be able to see from my criticism in the cross post that I don't think Mercedes have the cards on the table concerning their AMG GT3 car. Pagani springs to mind.
I just read a good comment in a German newspaper (www.derwesten.de only in German I'm afraid but very good) about Schumacher. His times are gone but he doesn't get it. He should stop before somebody comes to death. Jesus, nearly killing his ex team mate to gain 10th place (in words: tenths place - nill points) in a race that nobody is gives a damn on anyway. He's been over the top for me a long time ago. Does that put it right ? BTW, in my book HH Frentzen was the better driver in their youth but you all know how it turned out.
Foock, that's the second time in 24 hours that I have to rectify myself on here. I need a break...  Wink

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:09 pm »

...Gzillions in the bank, Italian Count, etc, etc.

He is not Italian and you cannot spell the other word properly   Grin Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 05:28:53 am »

Hi Martini,
             Must be from Scunthorpe then Grin
Phil
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 08:28:38 am »

Hi Martini,
             Must be from Scunthorpe then Grin
Phil

Morning Phil

You got that one right

Hope you are keeping well, missed you this year.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 04:40:02 pm »

My twopenny worth: -

Schumacher/Ferrari made F1 VERY boring in the noughties and I for one switched off.  Couldn't stand watching the arrogant tw^t grinning on the podium.

So imagine my "pleasure" on hearing that Count Van Arrogant B'stard was returning to drive "vor ze Farzerland" in an ersatz-Mercedes.

He's done nothing to maintain his past success, he's blamed everyone/thing but himself for being outclassed by Nico Rosberg [respect] and now he's got all but the hard core Schuey fans hating him.

All I hope is that MercedesGP have got a decent ace up the sleeve and ditch the arrogant pr1ck this winter and replace him with [I suspect] another German.

I, for one, hope that Sutil might be given a chance in a half-decent car and that way the Chermans keep an all German driver line-up.

Senna?

Legend!

Paul.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 05:56:32 pm »

My two cents worth, most of the juvenile on-track behavior we see in motor racing now can be squarely laid at the feet of one Ayrton Senna de Sliva. Until he came into F1 there was a unwritten code of coduct, a racers ethic if you like.  It was a gentlemans sport, played by adults, especially at the highest levels (read F1).  Senna came along and acted like a complete twat, swerving at people on the track, deliberately making contact, overall behaving like a thug ontrack, and a spoiled little prima donna off it.  There was nothng dignified or honourable about his antics.  The other drivers compained endlessly about his conduct to the FIA, but the FIA being their usual spineless selves did nothing, and the result being all the young drivers coming up through karting and the junior formulas saw Senna getting away with all sorts of crap and assumed they could too.  Schumacher being a perfect example.  His taking Reubens almost into the pitwall was a carbon copy of what Senna did to Prost at Estoril in 1988.  Its absolutely mind-boggling!  No regard for the safety of your colleague (who used to be your faithful teamate), or for the dozens of people standing along the pitwall!  Both Schumacher & Senna behaved like immature punks on the track, and arrogant, spoiled asses off of it.
Fax
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:41:08 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 06:55:44 pm »

I did read in the Sun (it must therefore be true) that Scummi actually apologiesed, having watched the video, apparently appreciating how bad it looked! I can only imagine someone tying him to a chair a forcing him to watch it and then applying electrical shocks to his privates to gain such a remark.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 07:09:05 pm »

What really annoys me is that almost every competition licence holder in the country will have been watching that... that's why they race in the first place... and the the FIA have effectively said that deliberately trying to put someone in the wall is a less serious offence than dicking around under the safety car.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 09:03:40 am »

Both MS and Senna are tainted. Both could drive very very well, maybe even the best of thier generations, but at what cost?

Watching Vettal I sense he is going the same way, maybe something to do with RedBull as Webber is no saint and makes plenty of rash ill judged moves.

As Zarse points out this trickes down tho the lower levels of wannbes who feel they are also the best and the i am comeing thru at whatever cost or the your not passing here, I would rather die than let you has corrupted the sport.

Looking back its always easy to put on the rose tinted glasses, there were villans then as well, One driver used to drive off line in the hope of flicking up stones others used to sweep across the track defending postion (which is why we now have the one move rule) but what I saw at the weekend was so cold and delibrate and at such high speed the result of which could have led to a massive crash maiming and killing the crowd that would have brought a swift headline seeking banning and modifying the sport.

Warwick has stated that MS should have got the black flag, but review of the incedent took too long, crap, I saw it and once I had regained my senses knew exactly what I had seen and knew exactly what should be done. Sadly the sniper in the grandstand had long left, bored to tears i guess.
Merc know all about bad press and motorsport so should do the decent thing and put him out to grass before he really does kill either himself or someone else.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
RockerRiert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 09:56:30 am »

I didn't like the action one bit, but I can't deny laughing at his initial reaction: "He passed me so I gave him too much space"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: