Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 04:14:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding fines  (Read 7311 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:26 pm »

Hi all
I am unsure how you guys got on but there seemed to be a lot of fines etc on the Pistonheads site!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=25&t=864995&mid=0&nmt=750%20euro%20club!

The fines were quite inconsistent.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »

No sense and too much disposable income  Angry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »

And alot of B*llshit, I didnt see any speed traps (and I was going slow enough to see them angel)
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:31:08 pm »

That's PH through and through. Wink

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »

Seems to be a badge of honour at PH if you get a speeding ticket from les gendarmes and if they don't get one they just make one up.

I'd say if they don't post the paperwork it never happened.  Grin
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 12:05:19 am »

Didn't see any police speed traps, but we tended to stick to the speed limit anyway on the main  A routes.

We did however manage to get flashed by a box on the Le Mans outer ring road which was a new one for me and my mate. Maybe going 10 KM over the limit at the time. So no idea what happens with this, but its alot easier to ignore anything that may come of this than it is having to deal with an actual copper at the road side. Wink

Got to agree, they all seem a bit bunch of tits on PH's
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 12:11:00 am »

Saw an Audi RS4 being pulled just north of Rouen on Monday morning, passed me a couple of minutes earlier doing about 145/150 kph.
Les Flics didn't seem to be out in as much force this year, and seemed a bit half hearted.
Budget cuts?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 12:34:14 am »

Didn't see any police speed traps, but we tended to stick to the speed limit anyway on the main  A routes.

We did however manage to get flashed by a box on the Le Mans outer ring road which was a new one for me and my mate. Maybe going 10 KM over the limit at the time. So no idea what happens with this, but its alot easier to ignore anything that may come of this than it is having to deal with an actual copper at the road side. Wink

Got to agree, they all seem a bit bunch of tits on PH's
I have it on excellent authority that there is no exchange of information with the french, so you not see any thing through the post.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:37:37 am »

Sums it up really...

Travelling at slightly faster than Frogeye speed on both motorways and major routes and nothing......
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 09:09:10 am »

And alot of B*llsh*t, I didnt see any speed traps (and I was going slow enough to see them angel)

We saw one being setup on the A28 at the section where it is restricted to 90kph over the two viaducts, that was just after lunch on wednesday.  I did expect to see more on the A28 I must admit. 

We were travelling at between 130-140kph most of the time on the peage and only one or two brit cars came past us on the trip from Le Havre, and even they were only probably doing 140-150kph (if that), so I think that we've all got real and decided that it's better to arrive safely and with our wallets intact!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:33:50 am »

I saw one on the peage heading towards Rouen.
Two police on a flyover with what appeared to be binoculars and a handheld gun and two bikes waiting just off the road at the next slip.
As people have said, there is a simple way not to get caught...
Stick the cruise control at the limit and relax.

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:16 am »

Well I only saw one Police wagon on the Monday I arrived.  They didn't seem too bothered about the dud light the the guy at the entrance to the campsite told me about.  I did see a police bike pull someone going in the opposite direction on Sunday eveing on my way to St Malo. 

As for speeding well I was in no rush on Tuesday driving down from St. Malo at a sedate 60mph and having filled up in Poole I arrived at BN with a 320 mile range left in the tank.  A similar sedate drive back on Sunday evening saw me arrive back in blighty with fuel to spare.  I did the Poole to Reading at higher speeds but even so I still had 70 mile of fuel left.   So kinda won all around.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:33:18 am »

Saw an Audi RS4 being pulled just north of Rouen on Monday morning, passed me a couple of minutes earlier doing about 145/150 kph.
Les Flics didn't seem to be out in as much force this year, and seemed a bit half hearted.
Budget cuts?

Barry, was it a black RS4 Avant with a Red 5sticker on the back window by chance?

Sunday up to Rouen there were 3 separate traps, all in different places to last year. One was a box at the side of the road with a focus estate tucked into a service road. There were 2 sets of Les flicks with the traditional Binoculars and hand held radar, both were hidden in the bushes at the side of the road with bikes further up the road.

Watching  the local news at the hotel in Rouen on Monday morning, there was an article about the number plate recognition van that was watching spectator cars on mad friday and then pulling then pulling then over the weekend.

On Monday morning the trap by the wind turbines near the Sommer service station was just been set up at 11ish and nothing from then up to Calais.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:47:36 pm by Jules G » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:28:42 pm »

No a blue one.
I saw the Sommer trap being set up, but they just seemed to be ambling about.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 11:50:13 am »

I spotted one policeman crouched down on the end of a bridge with speed gun just south of Alencon and a car pulled up onto the hard shoulder with cop and speedgun about halfway between Alencon and Rouen.  

I didnt actually see much in the way of speeding cars on the journey back to Boulogne tho so perhaps people are catching on!!

F

Edit:  This was leaving the circuit at around 5 p.m.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:52:23 am by Fran » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: