Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 10:08:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic: Who, What, Where, When.  (Read 69958 times)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2010, 05:00:17 pm »

We are on MB. Be good to see you again

Which pitch are you on, Mr B?

You know I havent a clue! Its all in Keith's hands, im just doing the driving! Look out for a red SAAB cab, and a rack of air guitars.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »

and a rack of air guitars.

Bring one along for me too dude, weight is a bit critical in the Alfa!

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2010, 10:23:44 pm »

Passport sorted after a day of high tension with the incompetent fools at Passport and Identity service in Durham. I'm glad I only have to renew every 10 years although I suspect even then they will still use today's CCTV footage for staff training purposes.

On the plus side,  Alfa did another 100 trouble free miles in mixed traffic and also in quite high temperatures in traffic. Starting to relax a little about the prospect of driving a 38 year old car that has sat in boxes for the last two years 1,500 to France and back.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »

Starting to relax a little about the prospect of driving a 38 year old car that has sat in boxes for the last two years 1,500 to France and back. 

I dont remember seeing that bit in the tour guide smallprint.

Anyway - good news on the passport and shakedown... how did the poorly arm cope?

F

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2010, 12:50:52 am »

It's not too bad thanks. It's starting to go back to it's normal size. Driving was OK until I had to put the handbrake on which was quite painful.
Forgot to mention.. As I drove through Durham I saw Plenty Sideways Andy walking along which led to meeting up for a pre planning drinky. I suspect he's going to have some space in his car but you didn't hear that from me  Wink
Can't wait to get going now. I've just been looking at maps and working out a nice classic friendly route from Caen. I'm thinking breakfast in a place called Putanges Pont Ecrepain. Nice little Hotel in the square next to the river, followed by a scenic cross country route keeping away from the main road and it's traffic.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Plenty sideways...

GT & GTA

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »

There I was, merrily walking over Milburngate Bridge when I heard something on tin twin 40's - looked up and saw DrS in his GTV !

Sounded the absolute dogs and looked pretty good too. Had a pre-match drinkie in Zen and then me and Ms Sideways had a trip to the Champagne Bar for a pre-LM warm up.

"Don't drink it - it's VERY strong"
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2010, 02:59:29 pm »

I went to work for four hours this morning just to finish all the work off (and myself) been a week of early mornings and late afternoons to get all the work done this week, something to sort out when I get back. Every time I am due leave I have a huge amount of work to cut through - not good enough. Rant over.

Car filled with fuel and tyres checked - yes there are four. Packing tomorrow and got monday off leave Guernsey at about 16.50 (better check that) and staying in Rennes first night then off to Nantes for a little trip.

Quite looking forward to the hole thing (under exaggeration)

See you guys soon.

Anyone going touring first?

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2010, 05:07:16 pm »

Safe journey Buddy. Take it easy and I will see you in time for lunch on Friday.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2010, 07:02:52 pm »

Enjoy a few days unwinding Martini - I expect to see you in peak condition by Friday!

F
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:04 pm »

I've just been looking at maps and working out a nice classic friendly route from Caen. I'm thinking breakfast in a place called Putanges Pont Ecrepain. Nice little Hotel in the square next to the river, followed by a scenic cross country route keeping away from the main road and it's traffic.

Sounds like a great plan.....really looking forward to getting on the road.

F
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2010, 04:28:08 pm »

Regretably  I'm not going to make it. Timing all wrong as fourth week of chemo starts on Tuesday, so will be a bit off colour !!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2010, 04:40:39 pm »

Regretably  I'm not going to make it. Timing all wrong as fourth week of chemo starts on Tuesday, so will be a bit off colour !!

Shame you are not going to be there Gordon.
Good luck with the treatment, hope the results are good and the side effects tolerable.
Gav Astill
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »

A couple of questions from a Classic 'Newbie';

This Dress Code mularkey - how is it enforced, i.e. is it strictly no shorts?, strictly no trainers?. When and where is it applied?. Are denim jeans classified as trousers?

Also, it states that modern cars are not allowed 'into the circuit'. I have a camping ticket for Blue Nord, which I'm assuming is classicfied as outside the circuit so my modern MX-5 is OK. But is that so?

Any advice greatfully accepted.

thanks

Gavin

(Arriving on Thursday 0815 Portsmout Caen, returning Monday mid-day Cherbourg- Portsmouth)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »

Dress code only applies to the paddocks, I believe, and I've  walked in there in just shorts and t shirts before now, although I have not gone in on the Saturday or sunday.
We have always camped on MB, which is inside the circuit, and modern cars are allowed in, I think that this applies in the village area, which is not accessable by cars unless you have a special pass.

ACO are, I think, trying to create a Revival type event, as far as dressing up is concerned, without success, you can't tell the French to dress up if they don't want to.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:27:15 pm by Barry » Logged
Gav Astill
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:17 pm »

OK, thanks for that Barry.

I will come prepared for any occasion.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: