Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 11:39:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed!  (Read 8694 times)
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »

How the hell do I deal with the withdrawal symptoms of not making Le Mans this year? Just been watching bits of the 8 heures du castellet and realised how sh*t it will be to be stuck at home in June!

They have lumps of what round the back???
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:03:06 pm »

How the hell do I deal with the withdrawal symptoms of not making Le Mans this year? Just been watching bits of the 8 heures du castellet and realised how sh*t it will be to be stuck at home in June!

Alcohol
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:04:28 pm »

Send the family away for a long weekend  Evil
Invite mates around and pitch tents in garden, marquee and flag pole.
Buy loads of stubbies and get plenty of coal for the BBQ and french stick and cheese and any other crap food you can lay your hands on.
Plenty of beer and scotch, lack of sleep loud music
Motors TV or Eurosport

Nearly there........ I'm sure there will be others to add to the simulation
Stay well Mike

Andy
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:21:45 pm »

Nice one Andy, I feel inspired, I think I will camp out that weekend (in the back garden) and have a bit of a LM party. I had better book the monday off work as well. It will give me a chance to air the tent prior to the Classic, and make sure that the mice have not got to it, and if they have I will not be buying a throwy tent thing, there are a few standards that should be adhered to. Just wondering how much TV cabling I have got...

>Martini...LB... Outdoors man

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:53:44 pm »

invite loads of mates around have lots of beer and big plate of chilli loaded with laxative, fit a timer lock on your bog set at say 20 mins, then all form a line, first to sh*t themselves buys the following days beer
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »

All of those sound like superb ideas,not so sure about people shi**ing their pants in the house though.

1 more post Bobby and your no longer a newbie Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:07:03 pm by mike(liverpool boys) » Logged

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:25:08 pm »

just think, if it wasn't for geography we could all be p1ssed off together

Your place if you like

I intend to go the "stubbies, motors tV or what ever, tent in the rolling acres of perduland and constantly phoning garyfrogeye and Toby for updates route

a man has to do what a man has to do

and Doris in Noozeeland too of course, it isnt just us being deprived

Dx have a few cidres with me sweetheart wont you...

I have a great reason to hope next year's date isnt the 12th of juin

and if it isnt

I'll see you all there

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:50:13 pm »

Perhaps next door could keep a genny running all weekend.

If you ask nicely they may also let off a huge firework at 03:00 Sat morning after playing ABBA's greatest hits at volume 11 up till then.

Do all their kids have motorized scooters? If not get them some.

Oh, and don't forget the best of UB40 CD for Sat night

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:40:59 pm »

Change your mind, book a ferry and get over to Le Sarthe, even if it's a Friday to Sunday night flying visit.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 05:40:51 pm »

Change your mind, book a ferry and get over to Le Sarthe, even if it's a Friday to Sunday night flying visit.

Hmmmmmm!!!! I could tell her im off to work in Kent again for a few days...............  Grin

Nah,i'd never get away with it  Roll Eyes

The thought had crossed my mind if I had been back on the Ashford job again on race weekend to shoot across on the chunnel on friday and back sunday night but she'd find out at some point then it would be safer just to stay in France  Undecided

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:01 pm »

Got it.
Get some of your local mates to kidnap you for the weekend, make a big fuss and send her pictures of you bound and gagged, then get them to take you to France. Then when she does not pay the £50,000 ransom, it's her fault and she will feel guilty! Of course, when she see's the bank statements with withdraws from France you can say that you had to bribe them to stop beating you and that it was a cunning plan to buy time whilst planning your escape. Your escape came about after being abducted by Aliens who landed at Le Mans Airfield under the cover of the race and the fireworks. They then subjected you to an unrepeatable invasive examination but rejected you as an adequate sound specimen due to liver poisoning, and just happened to drop you back to earth at the end of your street on the Monday after the race.
I have to say that I don't think my wife would buy it, but the utter Bollo*ks value might avert some of the blows.
Hope this helps.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 08:56:07 pm »

Got it.
Get some of your local mates to kidnap you for the weekend, make a big fuss and send her pictures of you bound and gagged, then get them to take you to France. Then when she does not pay the £50,000 ransom, it's her fault and she will feel guilty! Of course, when she see's the bank statements with withdraws from France you can say that you had to bribe them to stop beating you and that it was a cunning plan to buy time whilst planning your escape. Your escape came about after being abducted by Aliens who landed at Le Mans Airfield under the cover of the race and the fireworks. They then subjected you to an unrepeatable invasive examination but rejected you as an adequate sound specimen due to liver poisoning, and just happened to drop you back to earth at the end of your street on the Monday after the race.
I have to say that I don't think my wife would buy it, but the utter Bollo*ks value might avert some of the blows.
Hope this helps.

slight flaw in the argument might be if she says "keep him".....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 09:19:19 pm »

invite loads of mates around have lots of beer and big plate of chilli loaded with laxative, fit a timer lock on your bog set at say 20 mins, then all form a line, first to sh*t themselves buys the following days beer
Oh goody
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »

Hmmmmmm!!!! I could tell her im off to work in Kent again for a few days...............  Grin

The thought had crossed my mind if I had been back on the Ashford job again on race weekend to shoot across on the chunnel on friday and back sunday night but she'd find out at some point then it would be safer just to stay in France  Undecided

Save money, is Le Mans not closer to Ashford than home in Scotland?

Well it is on my map  Roll Eyes

If you're going through hell, keep going.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 11:04:41 pm »

Save money, is Le Mans not closer to Ashford than home in Scotland?

Well it is on my map  Roll Eyes

The job Im working on when im needed in Kent is 13 miles from Folkstone  Grin

Its VERY tempting but if I went to France id have to take her on some boring holiday after that to keep the peace  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: