Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 02:12:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just found out I can travel and need a campsite for two with tent already there  (Read 5654 times)
bigyank

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:10:52 am »

I've been planning on going to Le Mans this year, same as most years, but there was a complication due to a serious car accident towards the end of 2009.

Long story short, I now know that I will be able to travel to the race this year, it sucks that it took this long to find out.  I also no longer have a large car with lots of storage and have a two seater with very little storage.  This means that I, and my passenger, need a campsite with pre-erected a tent.  Anyone have any ideas of who would still have a decent one available, or know of someone who already booked one and can no longer make the trip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my only other option is a Hotel in Chartres about a gazillion miles away.

Cheers.
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:29:38 pm »

It may or may not help but, there are very cheap tents available in the nearby Carrefour and probably other local shops, the tent might have to be left behind afterwards but as they only cost £30 odd it might be cheaper and easier than "buying" a pre erected tent. They also sell everything else needed for camping.

All you need then is a campsite ticket.

S

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »

You can even get "pop up" tents quite cheaply, which really do take only five minutes or so to pitch:

http://www.decathlon.fr/2-seconds-2-personnes-camping.html

Some of the packages are still available, I notice, although you pay more.  The radio Le Mans thing looks interesting to me and includes channel crossings.

http://www.lemansrace.com/dpage.html?pageid=92

If I didn't live down the road I'd be tempted as the campsite is within the circuit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:53:20 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:43 pm »

We're going with this lot, mentioned above, http://www.lemansrace.com/dpage.html?pageid=92. Their organisation seems spot on, their staff helpful and knowledgeable and the packages, whilst somewhat expensive, have a lot going for them. We chose to take this route for 'medical' reasons too, following injuries, as it takes some/most/all of the worry out knowing there is a semi-peaceful haven and support, if required, to hand. We are at the Chateau d'Eporce, may see you there!

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: