Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 12:30:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Pont Romain  (Read 2796 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:57:39 pm »

Hey all,

Anybody have any experience of staying at camping pont romain about 10 km from the track. Just booked in there from the Thurs to Mon for 80 euros. After staying at BSJ the last few years (last year I was there was 2008), I have given up on the ACO sites due to security/chav issues. It used to be a nice atmosphere there back in the day and I don't fancy paying the TL, speedchills, white rabbit costs so have booked onto this private site. It looks like we should be able to hoof it to a tram stop and use that to get around.

Thanks

Jay.
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:12 pm »

Found this review.

This little gem of a site is situated literally 5 minutes from junction 23 of the A28, south west of Le Mans.
It's only been open since June '07 and if the owners keep up with their relentless cleaning, it will continue to look new for years to come. The husband & wife team speak very little English but we managed to communicate with schoolboy French & hand signals!
In keeping with the rest of the site, the shower & toilet block is spotlessly clean with plenty of hot water. The toilets are in a separate room to the showers/washbasins. The only grumble is the toilets don't have seats, except the one in the disabled cubicle.
There are pitches for motorhomes with electric, water & drainage; hardstanding pitches for tourers, also with electric, water & drainage; plus grass pitches for tourers & tents, all with electric. At the far end of the site, there are 6 log cabins & 3 static vans for hire.
The outdoor swimming pool, which is adjacent to the shower & toilet block, is on the small side but is heated and ideal to unwind in after a long drive through France. You have to leave a 5 euro deposit for a wrist band before use of the pool. A deposit is also required for a pass card to allow entry into the site. These are both required at check-in.
There isn't any entertainment on this site but there is a games room with a pool table, bar football, electronic darts board & pinball machine; just enough to keep the kids amused for an hour or two.pending funds. When the euros run out, there is a modern playground to keep the kids amused.
There are basic groceries available in reception, as are ice creams which are very reasonably priced.
The nearby village of Yvre-l'Eveque is within walking distance, and has plenty of various shops, including a small supermarket, bakery & bank (with cash point outside). The larger (huge) Leclerc hypermarket is roughly 10 minutes drive away.
I cannot recommend this site highly enough. My only regret was only staying for 2 nights.
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:56 pm »

Excellent - thanks for that bobby. It sounds good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: