Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 12:28:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Atlanta  (Read 7517 times)
tom911

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »

I just joined this great site after doing some research on a planned trip to LM this year.
I live in Atlanta and have had season tickets to Road Atlanta for years - if any of you make to ATL in Sept, let me know, I'll bring the beer!
I hope to meet up with some CA members in France.

Tom
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »

Welcome, Tom!

As you'll see in various thread on the Forum, we'll be spread around some camp sites for the duration, in varying states of sobriety!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:51:03 pm »

Look forward to meeting another visitor from across the pond.
Keep an eye on the site, nearer the event lists of what campsites/stands people are using will appear, and keep an eye out for CA t-shirts.
tom911

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:30 am »

and keep an eye out for CA t-shirts.

I hope those t-shirts come in American sizes - at 6'6" and 240# - I always have a hard time finding shirts that fit right when on on your side of the pond Smiley

I started to look into camping sites, it looks as if I'm already way to late as most seem to be sold out already.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:10:06 pm »

Is it t-shirt order time yet?  Smiley

Crouch..........bind..........set
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 01:07:33 am »

Welcome Tom!! :-)

A good dozen of us are off to Sebring next month, and I know a few are off to Petit Le Mans too. It's on my hit list so hoping this might be my year there!

If you get to Sebring, most of us will be around Turn 10. Pop by and ask for the Club Arnage crowd to put a face to the name and a beer in your hand!! :-)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 10:30:14 pm »

I started to look into camping sites, it looks as if I'm already way to late as most seem to be sold out already.

Tom,

Worry not - in order of advance security of a campsite ticket:

1) the agencies probably have some left if you want to pay through the nose,
2) the ACO probably have some left in the more far flung sites
3) plenty of folk on here will be able to help out as the time approaches and people drop out of teams planning to go
4) ebay can be your friend, but be careful on pricing and whether it's actually a ticket that's available
5) pitch up anyway, sort it out on the day, or find a piece of ground inside the circuit to take a sleeping bag out of the rucksack....

It's only the campsite ticket that is worth sorting before you come, the General Admision tickets are freely available when there

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 12:49:42 am »

Welcome on board Tom.  For sure you'll bump in to one of us while your there.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
tom911

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 03:50:23 pm »

Thanks all - Plan B is to just find a comfy place to chill if we don't end up with a camp site. 
As we're flying over and don't really want to lug a bunch of camping gear, I've still got a lot of reading to do.
The guide you guys put together is amazing!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

To be honest,   You can get a cheap tent and sleeping bag etc at Carfour then just leave it all behind.  In the Grand order of thing it doen't really add much to the cost if your doing a long haul trip.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:03 pm »

To be honest,   You can get a cheap tent and sleeping bag etc at Carfour then just leave it all behind.  In the Grand order of thing it doen't really add much to the cost if your doing a long haul trip.

Whether you get your own campsite pitch, squeeze up on someone elses pitch, or just find a corner of that foreign field somewhere that is forever England on race weekend, around 40-60 euros should buy you a cheap tent and a couple of bags from the supermarkets there - probably makes it sort of not worthwhile lugging those all the way across the pond with you....

Keep in touch via the forum, contribute to it, and particularly nearer the time, see who is doing what and ask for help if you need it.  There are plenty, such as Canada Phil, who come across regularly, and can advise accordingly.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 03:44:54 am »

Hi Tom,
          do come to Sebring it is a great primer for Le Mans. Depending on the rest of your trip.
Fly in Paris (CDG) Fast train TGV to Le Mans. 11/2 hours  Train station ( Gare) is in the terminal.
At Le Mans catch the Tram (right outside the Gare. drops you at Houx so that is the best site to get for easy transport. ( probably second most populat CA site) Blue Nord is CA central again this year. Still possible by city bus and a walk. If two or more travelling renting a car starts to make sense. While there is stuff to do like drink and socialize from Sunday before real action starts on Wednesday evening with night practice and qualifying.
Canada Phil 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: