Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:29:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously thinking about doing Nurburgring 24h instead of Le Mans this year...  (Read 11574 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:50:52 am »

Hi Doris,
            It wouldbe great to see you again. If you fly through Europe don't you get your day back Grin Grin
Phil

... for my money Sebring is the one to go to. It can be done as a "cheeky weekend" too.

I've been looking at doing Sebring as a "cheeky weekend" this year but even if I leave asap on Sunday (ie: dept MCO Sunday evening) I won't get home until Tuesday.  Bloody time zones!   Angry

Dx

PS:  Ewan, go to The Ring.  It's such a brilliant circuit that you'll kick yourself forever more if you don't.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 05:56:08 am »

I'm a bit old school when it comes to where I go to watch a race.  For me its not so much about the type of racing going on there, as the venue.  I would rather go watch a shopping kart race at the Nordschleife, than sit at one of the cookie cutter Tilke F1 circuits at watch Bernie's kiddies.  My list of still must see's include the Ring, Brands Hatch (a race on the full GP circuit), Monza, Spa, Ricard, Zandvoort, Mosport, and Bathurst.  Doesn't matter whats there, cars or bikes.
Fax

Hi Fax,
          Mosport I can help you with. ALMS in August or any Region race week end.
Phil
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:23 am »

Hi Doris,
            It wouldbe great to see you again. If you fly through Europe don't you get your day back Grin Grin
Phil

Nope.  Just lots of air miles.   Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 10:17:36 am »

... for my money Sebring is the one to go to. It can be done as a "cheeky weekend" too.

I leave asap on Sunday (ie: dept MCO Sunday evening) I won't get home until Tuesday.  

Sounds like just another CA night out to me.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

i haven't been to the N24 yet but ive been to the ring the last 2 years and can honestly say it takes my breath away each year. The views and people are really really breath taking, the track is fanbloodytastic & the trip there and back is a experience ( Belgium roads are utter shite btw! )

If i wasnt going to Lemans this year id be going back but Lemans then a proper holiday is needed for a change in 2010!

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:35 pm »

The views and people are really really breath taking, the track is fanbloodytastic & the trip there and back is a experience ( Belgium roads are utter sh*te btw! )

Not sure if you are talking about the Ring or Spa but have to agree about the views absolutely treefastic well around Spa anyway. I will have to agree with you on the state of the roads though, but not quite as extreme in the sense that I think we are all spoiled by the roads, and signposting, in France which is a little special compared with the 10-20-30 year old roads in Belgium, some even being concrete plus the relatively poor signage and traffic speed warnings. I am told that the Belgians are harder on speeders than the French but think this is a little unfair as the signage is poor, take care. Anyway who wants to drive fast when there is such stunning scenery?

BTW roads in Guernsey are very good, if not very long.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »

The views and people are really really breath taking, the track is fanbloodytastic & the trip there and back is a experience ( Belgium roads are utter sh*te btw! )

Not sure if you are talking about the Ring or Spa but have to agree about the views absolutely treefastic well around Spa anyway. I will have to agree with you on the state of the roads though, but not quite as extreme in the sense that I think we are all spoiled by the roads, and signposting, in France which is a little special compared with the 10-20-30 year old roads in Belgium, some even being concrete plus the relatively poor signage and traffic speed warnings. I am told that the Belgians are harder on speeders than the French but think this is a little unfair as the signage is poor, take care. Anyway who wants to drive fast when there is such stunning scenery?

BTW roads in Guernsey are very good, if not very long.

>Martini...LB

belguim roads are crap i meant.

ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 10:13:20 pm »

So, fellow CAers, it is done. I've given the ACO the bird.

After 11 years on the trot in MB, BN, HA and BN again, the masters of coordination awarded me 15 campsite spots in BSJ. I sent the obligatory "surely you can do better than that" email, pointing out that I'm offering to spend €4,500+ for the nth year in a row, having followed the same process as in years before of emailing them a week or two before the current year's race, to request the tickets for the next. I enquired if Bleu Nord - hitherto the unlucky draw for punters requesting MB or HA - was really sold out more than a year before the race...

Dear Sir,

We have nothing to propose you except Beauséjour, Pincenardière and Dairon. Everybody wants to be nearest and unfortunately, we have not enough spaces for everybody.
For information, the orders opened the 1st October.

Best regards

So, to hell with it. I've requested tickets for the Classic, but will probably be offered camping in Mulsanne or somewhere. The Nurburgring 24h may get a look in though I think this year I'll just get together with a dozen or so of my closed pals, and stage a multi-thousand mile drive across mainland Europe unencumbered by chavs, pikeys, officious Gendermerie and the likes.

Besides, there's always next year Smiley

cheers
Ewan

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 06:12:29 pm »

Bit late but still ... do both Le Mans and the Ring  Grin.

I live about 270 km from the Ring, and whenever the weather's fine, I drive over there, do a few laps myself and either stay for another day of driving fun or get back home over those sh*te Belgian roads (yes, they're even worse than sh*te).  Last year I attended Le Mans, the 24h of the Ring and several VLN-races, this year it won't be different ...  The Ring is magical, 'cause it's 22 km, has 173 bends and you can drive on the track yourself, especially when you have a Jahreskarte and do as many laps as you like  Grin ...  If only they would do the same at Le Mans  Tongue ...

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 07:47:16 pm »

The Belgian idea of road maintenance appears to me to be to stick up a sign saying the surface is lousy and leave.

But they can build motor racing circuits.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 11:14:14 pm »

The Belgian idea of road maintenance appears to me to be to stick up a sign saying the surface is lousy and leave.

But they can build motor racing circuits.

Road maintenance in Belgium ? You must be joking !  With the cold temperatures in the past weeks, most roads are driven to pieces ... makes you wonder why we're paying a few thousand euro's on roadtaxes every year ...

Crossing the border into France, Germany or Holland is like driving into heaven ... driving home again is like killing your car and your back ...

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 01:04:34 am »

Bit late but still ... do both Le Mans and the Ring  Grin.

I live about 270 km from the Ring, and whenever the weather's fine, I drive over there, do a few laps myself and either stay for another day of driving fun or get back home over those sh*te Belgian roads (yes, they're even worse than sh*te).  Last year I attended Le Mans, the 24h of the Ring and several VLN-races, this year it won't be different ...  The Ring is magical, 'cause it's 22 km, has 173 bends and you can drive on the track yourself, especially when you have a Jahreskarte and do as many laps as you like  Grin ...  If only they would do the same at Le Mans  Tongue ...

if only they would do that with lemans, although id need a faster car for the mulsanne  Roll Eyes

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 01:25:53 am »

Oh my dear aunt.... I have just looked back through my pictures and have found some of the most horrifying images from our trip to NBR24 last summer. police
They are truely shocking..... fkcu me did we have fun Evil
Personally, I blame it on the heat and the incorrect labelling of the beer strengths... and the Jagermeister...and the fact that 11 nutters invaded the quiet woodland setting and entertained the locals for 4 days!
My only suggestion to those that are indecisive over LM or NBR is.... do both! We all did last year and I would do it again if I wasnt skint ...
Last summer was one that I will remember forever and still snigger about.
NBR is a perfect warm up for LM.... so stop talking about it, do it! Its a cracker... and we saw some cars too! Pink Holden was my fave!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: