Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 10:26:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston Martin to be pulling out 2010 season  (Read 9936 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »

According to Autosport that Aston Martin are pulling out of Le Mans series and Le Mans 24 hour to concentrate on the 2011. But there will be one privateer running a Lola Aston Martin

Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:19:00 pm »

Not good  Cry 
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:58:58 pm »

Aston said quite some time ago that they would be working on a all new car for 2011. This is still the plan so no change. There will be at least one AM LMP1 at Le Mans entered by Signature Plus. The Charouz Aston has been sold and might make an appearance and there is still a chance that the works squad might enter the single remaining car although I'm unsure if it will be in Gulf colours if it does. There was some dialogue between AMR and Gulf a few months ago but its gone all quiet.
 So its not the end of the world guys Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:54:42 pm »

They do have an auto-invite to LM, so I guess they may try and find a budget from somewhere to get one car into the race.

And, as Dr S, says AMR did say months ago that there weren't planning to run this years cars in 2010 but were hoping to pass them on to other teams to run.

Basically the Autosport report is old news!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »

After last years race Dave Richards told everyone in the Aston Martin Hospitality that they would definately be back at Le Mans in 2010.

I'll wait for an official announcement!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 12:54:54 pm »

After last years race Dave Richards told everyone in the Aston Martin Hospitality that they would definately be back at Le Mans in 2010.

Thats DR for you Roll Eyes

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:50:08 pm »

Well Mark, here is your announcement...

I've just had an e-mail from my friend at Gulf and there has been a turnround. There will be a Gulf Aston at Le Mans and Silverstone and probably Spa. But thats it- there is no full LMS programe this year.

So there you have it... an exclusive!

Dick Dasterdly was right
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:24:00 pm »

I've just had an e-mail from my friend at Gulf and there has been a turnround. There will be a Gulf Aston at Le Mans and Silverstone and probably Spa. But thats it- there is no full LMS programe this year.

Well at least that's something. Thanks Si!!

Could this simply mean that Gulf are not stumping up the sponsorship cash though.

There's always the hope that another sponsor might be found for a full on Factory Team?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 07:53:34 pm »

Dr S that is what the man told Mark and me in June. Although we were a bit giddy so may have misheard I suppose.  Huh

PS does anyone really care too much about an LMS season?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 08:44:43 pm »

Still early day's possibly? hasn't the ALMS only grown in the last 2-3 years?

I'm trying my hardest to get to the Algarve night race in July Cheesy  how many brownie points are required for another weekend away  Shocked
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 12:10:09 am »

Still early day's possibly? hasn't the ALMS only grown in the last 2-3 years?

I'm trying my hardest to get to the Algarve night race in July Cheesy  how many brownie points are required for another weekend away  Shocked

I am trying to blag the MotoGP at Catalunya followed by the Classic LM. SHE was not impressed because I initially called it a 'Road Trip' perhaps it sounded like too much fun. I sulked for a few days and I think that may have helped now I will go for the charm offensive over Crimbo and get my daughter primed to help explain the whole thing... fingers crossed.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 01:16:51 pm »

Thats good to hear

been there done that doing it again !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 09:48:05 am »

Could this simply mean that Gulf are not stumping up the sponsorship cash though.

Not quite. As you know AMR is a stand alone company and seperate from Aston Martin, and as such is self funding. Money is tight (There will be no Charouz money next year) and the cost of building a brand new car from scratch is huge. AMR are concentrating all their time and funding on the new 2011 car and the deal to run at Le Mans was put together on a shoestring budget just to 'keep a hand in'.
 Gulf are also in negociations to back the team in 2011 and another good showing at LM and in front of the shareholders at Silverstone will make convincing the board to stump up the cash for a full programe that much easier.
 One problem of the works cars carrying Gulf colours is that they won't be able to run factory cars at Sebring or in the ALMS. Gulf as we know it have marketing rights to everywhere in the world apart from North America (where it is owned by Chevron). The factory cars are contracted to run in Gulf colours but Gulf are not interested and restricted in promoting its products in the US Market.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 10:00:06 am »

Dr S that is what the man told Mark and me in June. Although we were a bit giddy so may have misheard I suppose.  Huh

Back in June it was the intention to run again in 2010 as a full team. DR was expecting (along with Pesca, Hugh De Chaunac etc.) that when the ACO tech regs for 2010 were announced after the race that there would be a further closing if the gap between the petrol and diesel cars. This turned out to be not the case and the concessions were not as sweeping as they hoped.
 The reason Audi and Pug dominate LM is not due to the fact that they run diesels- its because they have the budget and every part on those cars is the ultimate. The only way to compete is to build a car to a similar level. Throwing a road car engine in the back of a two year old Lola is not going to win Le Mans. Hence the re-think and the new 2011 car. It will probably be 2013 before it becomes a serious challenger.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 10:02:16 am »

http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/2010/01/aston-martin-racing-2010-plans.html

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: