Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 10:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 12th Should Be Good Fun  (Read 12557 times)
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »

are you guys talking about soccer? 

-Lee
I take it you mean football...

no, I mean soccer.

I'm watching football today. University of Florida vs. University of Alabama. College ball, much better than the pros, more passion for the game instead of lust for the dollar. Both teams at 12-0 going into the game. Today at 3:30 est

But that soccer does look kinda fun. Is it real popular?

-Lee
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:36:01 pm by Lee Self » Logged
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 04:01:23 am »

-Lee

no, I mean soccer.

I'm watching football today. University of Florida vs. University of Alabama. College ball, much better than the pros, more passion for the game instead of lust for the dollar. Both teams at 12-0 going into the game. Today at 3:30 est

-Lee

Do I bite?  Or just let this lie? 

<sigh> Like a red rag to a bull......

Right - The game you discussed above, is effectively Handball - there is very little "FOOT" involved....

Also given that FOOTBALL was invented way before "pansies running around with helmets on, throwing a small rugby ball" was, I don't think that game has ever been known as football in any other country other than the states......

Popular?  It's the biggest game in the world my friend - and make no mistake....the world cup is just about the most important sporting event that takes place - ever.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 08:24:03 am »

So what your saying Brad is that the Aussies are pansies too, for playing Aussie Rules Football?  Actually Brad, we've been playing our version of football essentially as long as you've been playing yours.  What this boils down too is simple, those of us who appreciate and respect all disciplines of sport, myself included, enjoy the talents required to perform at the highest level, be it our football, your football, cricket, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf, basketweaving, motor racing, whatever...can watch and enjoy.
At the end of the day, its those of lower intellect who can't past their own xenophobic, self esteem issues, that suffer and wallow in their blinkered ideas of what correct and wrong.  Come to thnk of it Brad, you'd make a damn good Republican here in the States, get your Sarah Palin flag out now!
Fax
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:05 am »

As a footnote to Brad's obviously beer soaked rant, by most accounts, Euro football rules were layed down in 1863, American football has been generally been established in 1874.  Call it football over there, we call it soccer.  We have our own version of football, AND ITS DAMN GOOD!  Keep running around with your hands tied to your waste Brad...musn't touch de ball!
Fax
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:42:19 am by Fax MKII » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 10:11:36 am »

For those of us lucky enough to be going to the Classic as  well next year, The World Cup Final is that weekend.
If France make the final (unlikely) I would expect there to be some new records set driving home on the Sunday evening  Grin  Evil  police
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 05:55:52 pm »

no, I mean soccer.
Right - The game you discussed above, is effectively Handball - there is very little "FOOT" involved....
I love these conversations! Grin Sure, there's Fax with a few facts, but it's so clear to me the US people in general don't think there's anything bigger than their own national sport. Please think again, there is no "world series" if the only country involved is the U.S. Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 11:56:17 pm »

So what your saying Brad is that the Aussies are pansies too, for playing Aussie Rules Football?  Actually Brad, we've been playing our version of football essentially as long as you've been playing yours.  What this boils down too is simple, those of us who appreciate and respect all disciplines of sport, myself included, enjoy the talents required to perform at the highest level, be it our football, your football, cricket, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf, basketweaving, motor racing, whatever...can watch and enjoy.
At the end of the day, its those of lower intellect who can't past their own xenophobic, self esteem issues, that suffer and wallow in their blinkered ideas of what correct and wrong.  Come to thnk of it Brad, you'd make a damn good Republican here in the States, get your Sarah Palin flag out now!
Fax

Nope - The Aussies don't feel the need to wear helmets, panty liners, and pieces of plastic to play their game.  They also have the decency to call their game, Aussie Rules, thereby differenciating it from football. 

I'm a sports fan, generally - buy American Football is not really a sport - its more of a strategy game - the padding takes away the injuries - which is the only interesting bit of Rugby really. 

Add to that, the fact that the handball version of "football" is only played in the US with any real authority - therefore it's not even in the same league as football - which is a WORLDWIDE game (yes - that means that other countries get to compete, not just random parts of america....

The football world cup (just to confirm - not just america) brings together fans from all over the world, united in the most beautiful sporting game known to man. 

In terms of establishment date - by the time the american game was established, most UK counties or towns had professional football teams, and most countries (not just europe - its a WORLDWIDE game - which yes - means bigger than europe) could also put out an international team - to challenge themselves, and prove that theirs was the best way of playing football.

It's not Xenopobic to think that the Americans know jack sh1t about sport - its actually what the rest of the world thinks.  The problem that you and many other americans have, is that the internet means that we get the opportunity to tell you these days.

Indycar - Poor Mans F1 (which is what the rest of the world watches)
Baseball - a cissies game given a bigger bat and a new name - we gave it to you, whilst laughing at all the stupid americans playing a girls game.
Basketball - See Baseball - its all a bit like netball.
American Football - Rugby for weak people - watch a rugby game - you'll understand why we were also laughing at you when you told us the rules of "football" - everywhere else we play without the helmets - so we just let you play in your own "world" series.

And for your information, there was no beer involved in that post - I really do feel that way about americans tainting the name of our game with their poor substitute for a game of a different name (rugby).

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 12:41:54 am »

Just to add a bit of perspective, not all of us enjoy football (soccer, whatever...)
Lee Self
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 03:26:34 am »

no, I mean soccer.
I love these conversations! Grin Sure, there's Fax with a few facts, but it's so clear to me the US people in general don't think there's anything bigger than their own national sport. Please think again, there is no "world series" if the only country involved is the U.S. Wink

Couldn't agree more Paddy, just pokin' a bit of fun. Of course we know what world cup is. Its Huge, and the US actually has a team theses days that actually plays pretty well, but it's so low key here, you would hardly know it was going on. We've got some pro soccer as well, and it struggles.

-Lee
Lee Self
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 03:46:19 am »

Dude, Zarse...

chill pill. If it weren't for a real understanding of true international competition (Le Mans) we wouldn't even be in the same space online. sorry to poke you in a raw nerve. Merry Christmas.

-Lee

PS: unless you were taking the piss as well.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:48:14 am by Lee Self » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »

Hooked  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 07:10:57 pm »

You make me laugh Brad, good one! Grin
Lee, looks like your Gators and the Bearcats are going to New Orleans, they'll be a few points put up in that one.
The wife and I were set up with some on-field passes for the Bengals vs Lions game yesterday, one of the great sports spectating experiences of my life, absolutely amazing (and sometimes frightening) to see a NFL game that close.
Fax
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:14 pm »

And the title of this topic is...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »

beer?
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 11:01:44 pm »

beer?

Correct - and you win a - BEER  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: