Club Arnage
July 01, 2024, 05:45:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Camp at Bleu Nord is go!!!!  (Read 92814 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 02:10:19 am »

Six pitches requested, hopefully 3 back to back if possible. Group includes at least 4 Club Arnage members. I have also e mail Andy at TL to explain the reason for Chris Bauer applying on my behalf.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 09:13:19 am »

There do appear to be a couple of names in the list that none of us recognise. Does anyone have any idea who Chris Bauer or Kenn Korsarger are??
Kenn Korsager? http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3049

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:40 am »

This is one of his posts a while back

HI

I am organising a trip to LM2010 for the Personal commity of my compagni and it seams we will be needing app. 25 laybys. Any idear where i can get that amount of places together without having to pay a massiv overprice?
Was thinking Houx or MB or Bleu

Any advice is welcome

Kenn

If everyone else is catered for then fair enough, otherwise I would say that longer standing members should have priority.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 11:58:28 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea of the CA Camp was for everyone who knows each other to camp together in one big group  Huh

Now Kenn and his company are probably very nice people but given that no-one has met him and he's ordered 20 tickets which is over 20% of the total allocation we have then I'm sure regular CAers would be disappointed if they were told there was no room left for them.

Of course I may be wrong. Club Arnage may now just a non-profit making cog in the great ticket allocation wheel whose only role is to make sure that Team Langoustine sell all of their allocation  Evil

It's all irrelevant really as Mark has sorted my allocation for me  Wink Hey, who knows, Kenny Korsarger might be the new Paddy Slabbekorn  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 12:03:34 pm »

I'm not in the CA/TL campsite (although we're on Bleu) but I agree with Robspot - it's a CA camp, not a cheap way to get onto BN.  How about first come first served but with a minimum no. of posts - say 100 - for at least one member of the party?   Then after a month if all the pitches aren't sold to regulars then open it up to newbies?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 12:24:42 pm »

it's a CA camp, not a cheap way to get onto BN.  How about first come first served but with a minimum no. of posts - say 100 - for at least one member of the party?   Then after a month if all the pitches aren't sold to regulars then open it up to newbies?

That is just about the most sensible thing ever suggested by a member of this forum.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 12:27:11 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea of the CA Camp was for everyone who knows each other to camp together in one big group  Huh

Thats what I thought; a way of trying to make sure that everyone was en mass to spank liver and kidneys like never before! Me and the messy houx folk are sorted but if I am allowed to express a preference then I would rather see the usual suspects from the forum being given priority over others; if you can be arsed to post throughout the year (and in other years) then that should be recognised!

Hey, just my 2$
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 01:08:48 pm »

As I said - doesn't affect me at all but I'm not sure that I detected any squabbling, just a little surprise that the CA camp might not be what it says on the tin.  But as I won't be there, I don't care either way.
I'm sure everybody's really grateful to TL for their help, whatever.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 01:15:47 pm »

I understand what you're saying Peter but with tha amount of lurkers that we have  how easy would it be for one of them to claim to be a long standing member of CA,take advantage of Andy's good will to us, buy up a mass of tickets and stick them on e-bay. It would be so easy to make a killing especially as Andy is not insisting that we buy overpriced GA's from him
I'm not suggesting for one minute that Kenn would do this but I think that there should be a modicum of policing to ensure that no-one takes advantage of TL and emmbarises CA

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 01:19:33 pm »

I understand what you're saying Peter but with tha amount of lurkers that we have  how easy would it be for one of them to claim to be a long standing member of CA,take advantage of Andy's good will to us, buy up a mass of tickets and stick them on e-bay. It would be so easy to make a killing especially as Andy is not insisting that we buy overpriced GA's from him
I'm not suggesting for one minute that Kenn would do this but I think that there should be a modicum of policing to ensure that no-one takes advantage of TL and emmbarises CA

Hear, hear

Surely we can just limit the number of tickets any one person can purchase??
Some of us have put time & effort into getting this camp on BN via TL sorted and it would be a shame to see it fall apart!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »

Hi Guys,
I think it is time for me to write a little on this tread as well. As some of you already have figured out I am behind the “Kenn Korsager” booking. It has been quite interesting to follow the debate on the subject. I know that it can be a bit of an invasion if a large group of outsiders comes and wants in, but I really don’t feel that we would be that different from the rest of you. My group will be a group of colleges (app. 60) both Le Mans veterans and Le Mans virgins. As some of you have mentioned it could look like a way to get cheap access to BN to book via TL/CA. this has never been intended, but as you all know the ACO can be a pain in the a…. That’s the reason I contacted Andy at TL to see if he could help me out. He asked if I was I CA member, and according to the truth, answered that I was.
If I should have some extras, the plan has been to sell them via the “sell or swop” forum on this site, as I find those who want to profit on their tickets to be bastards.
As I hope this has spread some light on who my group and I am I hope you will remember that a stranger often is friend you haven’t meet yet. First round will be on us… Smiley
Yours Kenn Korsager

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2009, 12:28:42 pm »

Have all the pitches been taken yet, may require 10, for our party of 30 from Belfast.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2009, 03:00:13 pm »

Panic Not!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

The Brethren have an order in place, and that covers the requirement of Team Zarse and The Melans as well!!

Rusty is skiing in Italy at the moment (together with Clive, Jim, Trayboy and Andy Zarse........god help Italy!!!) but I've confirmed with Andy at Team Langoustine that all is OK!!

Robspot, I've got you covered, as well as Vegas!

There do appear to be a couple of names in the list that none of us recognise. Does anyone have any idea who Chris Bauer or Kenn Korsarger are??

FYI, I have agreed with Andy at TL to help co-ordinate the allocation once we have the pitch numbers and (alleged) layout. There are several groups I know will want to be next to each other, and similarly there will be some who would prefer a quieter pitch so if anyone has any personal prefernce please do let me know!  Smiley

Thanks Mark, you put our minds at rest whilst we were skiing, the fact that we might not have any tickets nearly made us turn to the drink... Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »

Hi Guys,
I think it is time for me to write a little on this tread as well. As some of you already have figured out I am behind the “Kenn Korsager” booking. It has been quite interesting to follow the debate on the subject. I know that it can be a bit of an invasion if a large group of outsiders comes and wants in, but I really don’t feel that we would be that different from the rest of you. My group will be a group of colleges (app. 60) both Le Mans veterans and Le Mans virgins. As some of you have mentioned it could look like a way to get cheap access to BN to book via TL/CA. this has never been intended, but as you all know the ACO can be a pain in the a…. That’s the reason I contacted Andy at TL to see if he could help me out. He asked if I was I CA member, and according to the truth, answered that I was.
If I should have some extras, the plan has been to sell them via the “sell or swop” forum on this site, as I find those who want to profit on their tickets to be bastards.
As I hope this has spread some light on who my group and I am I hope you will remember that a stranger often is friend you haven’t meet yet. First round will be on us… Smiley
Yours Kenn Korsager

Kenn, thanks for your message and your honesty. To be fair that is a very large party and I'd say that you'd be less like guests and more like hosts as you'd be easily the largest group. 60 people is a huge number and inevitably you guys would dominate.

The original arrangement with TL was so that some regulars on this forum, who are all close friends (and their connected parties), could get a decent pitch. I understand what you are saying about LM friends just being people you haven't met yet but meeting your ticket requirement really isn't what the original allocation was designed for. I would be surprised if there are anything like enough tickets left for you.

Bloody ACO, they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.

Good luck,

Andy

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:53 pm »

Well I was too slow to respond to the TL offer, and hence will not be on BN this year  Cry

Time to think of a plan B........  Huh

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: