Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 12:05:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Button and Hamilton team mates?  (Read 12249 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 10:34:57 pm »

I don't see Button getting close to Hamilton.  As I said Button to me is just a competent journeyman who landed in the right place, at the right time.  Hamilton's the real deal.  Look at their respective performances the second half of last season, Button's second half was hardly worthy of a world champ.  Hamilton will adapt to not having re-fueling with no problem, everyone will now have to manage tires and brakes, but the best will come to grips with it quickly, they always do.  Also, I think Button is far more likely to be distracted by his raised celebrity status as champion than LH was.
As far as Ferrari?  I think Alonso will destroy Massa, simply put.  Massa could cope with a half-hearted Raikkonen, but Alonso's another animal entirely.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 10:47:33 pm »

time will tell, without a doubt hamilton is more driven and wants the wdc back. This year will have straightened him out. Buttons mid season form did dip, but he came thru when it mattered and is less likey to get into scrapes and will rack up points while Hamilton is spinning his wheels in a gravel trap.

Massa is fragile without a doubt, but so is Alonso. I think the spainard is maybe the best driver on the grid, but Massa is very very fast on his day and if he can rattle Alonso in the first few races Alonso will start complaining about the team not being behind him etc.

Ether way Vettel will win the wdc next year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 01:08:52 am »

Something to remember about the Ferrari situation is that Schumacher is no longer an advisor to the F1 squad.  Whether Alonso had a hand in this one could speculate.  But Schumacher has always been a big supporter and "coach" to Massa, and I suspect the absence of the German will have a impact on Massa's confidence.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 09:31:55 am »

if he can rattle Alonso in the first few races Alonso will start complaining about the team not being behind him etc.

If the sun rises, Alonso will complain. 

Agreed on Vettel.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 07:15:24 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8369244.stm

Button - interview on BBC.

And he said
"I'm earning less than I would have at Brawn, so it's not for money - everyone involved knows that's the case."

what can you say -  Lips Sealed

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 07:43:10 pm »

Tend to agree about Vettel.  He, Hamilton, Alonso, and Kubica I would put at the head of the class.  The biggest question mark about Vettel's hopes are whether or not Red Bull can deliver the goods.
Fax
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 08:04:46 pm »

Quote from: Jason Bottom
I'm earning less than I would have at Brawn

Beg to differ Jensen but you guys get paid, you don't 'earn' your money! 

Did I just say that out loud?
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:05 pm »

Tend to agree about Vettel.  He, Hamilton, Alonso, and Kubica I would put at the head of the class.  The biggest question mark about Vettel's hopes are whether or not Red Bull can deliver the goods.
Fax

Kubica - Really?Huh
Far too ugly to be taken seriously  Tongue

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 08:55:13 pm »

Hmm, tend to differ with you on some of these points FS.  I think Lewis is still McLaren's golden boy, he's been part of their organization for a very long time, a world champ for them, and its a team that's very loyal to its drivers.  I don't think for a second that Button is in Hamilton's class.
Damon was a marvelous driver...when he was by himself on the track.  Probably the most hopeless overtaker of any racing driver I've ever seen, way too indecisive!  But a lovely bloke and a great ambassador for the sport.  He was proof that nice guys do sometimes finish first.  But NO!  He was never, ever in the class of Michael or Mika.
Regarding Kimi?  He is probably one of the most naturally gifted, seat-of-the-pants drivers to ever sit in a racing car.  Problem is, it made him dead lazy.  He's never had to work at going fast, it just came naturally, and as a result he doesn't like to work, and his motivation suffers from it.  When his heads in the game he's untouchable, witness Spa this year.  I always thought he and Ferrari a strange combination, and I always thought McLaren was the perfect environment for him, if he ends up at Brawn-Mercedes, and the car is up to snuff, he'll fly.
fax
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 09:44:46 pm »

And he said
"I'm earning less than I would have at Brawn, so it's not for money - everyone involved knows that's the case."

what can you say -  Lips Sealed
Simple
 Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 10:29:46 am »

Bit about McLaren finances.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23772169-mclaren-races-back-into-the-black-thanks-to-hamilton-f1-win.do

and a TV interview with Button (who can read body language?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTigVIp7kqs&feature=player_embedded

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:19 pm »

(who can read body language?)

I guess he is mostly looking directly at the person, smiling throughout with occasional eye movement down to the right - arms and legs in an open position.   So ....

"Averting gaze to look down from someone’s eyes can suggest a desire to hide and an inner will to no longer see who is in front of them and be safely away from the other person. This is often displayed in young males during meeting dominant figures in a new social situation, it signifies a willingness to submit and a soft statement that they are no threat to the status quo.

Looking down and to the right displays that the person is recalling, or is experiencing, an emotional state. (Look at other signals to discern which emotion)

Arms by the side and away from the body --> confident, strong

Legs Uncrossed, slightly open --> inviting body language, open to communication "

... no problem there then!   Smiley

F

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 02:08:39 pm »

In fairness, I havent actually watched it with the sound on, so dont know what he is saying!! Also dont know what else is in the room that may/may not be drawing his attention.

I just think he is kinda cute to watch!   Smiley

F
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »

well that sounds like someone in the legal trade

Cant quite see what thats got to do with it?!  Roll Eyes
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 03:17:51 pm »

well that sounds like someone in the legal trade

Cant quite see what thats got to do with it?!  Roll Eyes

that really now does sound like someone from the legal trade Roll Eyes

You do make me chuckle FS - now that'll be  £120 for my time and (partial) attention!   Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: