Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 11:28:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Button and Hamilton team mates?  (Read 12246 times)
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:44 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:32:30 pm »

Interesting prospect this one.

I fail to see how stepping down from full factory partnership, into the realms of the customer engine is a good move to be honest.

Be very interesting to see an all british line up though.

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:16:10 am »

I
Be very interesting to see an all british line up though.

And it will be a British lineup verses an all German lineup at Mercedes, The Sun is already relishing the prospect.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:56:33 am »

I fail to see how stepping down from full factory partnership, into the realms of the customer engine is a good move to be honest.

I don't think that McLaren had much say in the matter - seems that Merc have terminated the deal because of the upcoming McLaren MP4-12-whotzit road car (being seen as some sort of a threat I guess?) 
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:46 am »

Thursday is 'decision day' apparently.

JB is due at the Brawn GP factory at Brackley tomorrow & the suspicion is that there will be an announcement.

Mercedes are on record stating that they have no requirement for an all German team.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:47:40 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8363892.stm

The deal has been done, Button to McLaren and Kimi out for at least a year. Which would see him  counting the severance pay from Ferrari I guess before retuning in 2011 with Red Bull.

Surprised at the Button Move tbh, I suspect it was more that Mercedes did not want him rather than him wanting out.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:00:03 pm »

Jenson just has to hope that McLaren are more competetive in 2010 and that Hamilton isn't classed as #1 because of all his years served at the team...  I have to be honest and say I don't know if he will be able to match Hamilton, much as I like and respect him as a driver. 
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 02:20:26 pm »

As far as I know the reigning world champion drives the car with nr #1. How they will be treated internally is something different....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:05:59 pm »

It's now official on the Mclaren Web site;

http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=384

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »

Agree with that, Can't wait to see the images of daddy Button vs daddy Hamiliton in the garages during the races.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 05:59:48 pm »

some of it is to take the wind out of Antony Hamiltons' sails, he's been upsetting some of the team with his views, young hamilton now being the #2 driver.  Should have had Alonso back, now that would have worth watching

All I'll say is may the best man win. if the Hamiltons are afraid of coming 2nd they'll have to up their game.
They'll push each other on like Mansell & Piquet Prost & Senna etc etc isn't this what Mclaren want to a point
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 07:39:22 pm »

Daddy Button mostly looks like a flaming candy-ass with his pink shirts, capri pants and bottle tan.  They'd look like two girls fighting...
I don't really think as a driver Button will be much of a threat to Lewis.  I've always veiwed Button as a decent journeyman driver who found the magic bullet last year, much like Damon Hill in 1996.  I suspect Hamilton will walk all over Jenson, McLaren will shove Button out at the end of the year and welcome Kimi back in 2011.
Fax
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:30 pm »

I too agree that under normal circumstances Lewis would be noticeably quicker than Jenson, but remember they have to do an entire race without refuelling, making pit-stops more costly.
Keeping those tyres running alot longer may bring Button back into play as he is known to be a more car sympathetic driver.

Still think Lewis will do him tho' 

Did I just say that out loud?
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:36 pm »

I think it will be an interesting team set-up.

Still wonder who will be the main sponsers for an all GB team.

So who is going to start a sweep stack or a poll - Which side of the team are you going to surport - Button or Lewis?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:55 pm »

Daddy Button mostly looks like a flaming candy-ass with his pink shirts, capri pants and bottle tan.  They'd look like two girls fighting...
I don't really think as a driver Button will be much of a threat to Lewis.  I've always veiwed Button as a decent journeyman driver who found the magic bullet last year, much like Damon Hill in 1996.  I suspect Hamilton will walk all over Jenson, McLaren will shove Button out at the end of the year and welcome Kimi back in 2011.
Fax

I am not so sure, Hamiliton is an edge of his seats type of driver and always looks like he takes more from his tyres etc, but his drives in F3000 where no fuel stops or tyre changes happen where often inspired and his car control was great, Button by contrast looks as smooth as they come, maybe less driven than hamilton now he has a wdc, but i think he be the more consistent and maybe able to needle hamilton if he can get on the pace straight away.

I think ferrari will have bigger problems with massa vs alonso, alonso i think is the quicker, but i think massa has better support in the team and if he can be on the pace from the start of the season will be able to edge alonso.

I think the title sponsor for McLaren are still Vodaphone/mercedes?

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: