Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 10:31:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2010  (Read 97634 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2010, 05:34:19 am »

Hi Doris,
            Sorry to hear you will not be there this year. I will help with the cider consumption for you.
Cider for breakfast has become a bit of a tradition well atleast before noon.
Phil
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12:46 am »

I will keep up the tradition of the Goodmorning Dickens cider! Not much of a Wodka drinker, will keep it to Captain and coke!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2010, 01:08:05 pm »

The post I never wanted to write...

I can't make it this year.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Uni has put paid to any racing fun I may have been able to have this year.

I know you'll all have a great time but could someone please ensure vast amounts of cider and vodka are consumed on my behalf?  I'd hate for the ABC to be overstocked.   Grin

Oh, and could someone please pick up a poster for me?  Will work out the logistics of getting it to NZ after the race?

Dx

Well if you're not going, I'm not going!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2010, 03:07:16 pm »

I can't make it this year.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Be that way Andy, If that's your attitude I'm not going to Le Mans, so there.

-Lee  angel
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:12 pm »

I can't make it this year.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Be that way Andy, If that's your attitude I'm not going to Le Mans, so there.

-Lee  angel

Lee, are you sure. The way the doller is going at present you could even afford to race your own team there!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2010, 10:08:37 pm »

Thanks again to all for their advice, ESTA complete, just need to get some dollars & I reckon we're ready to go, should be landed by this time in 2 weeks.
My condolences to the friends of Norm.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:01 am »

Goddayam! We did a trial run at the FoF this afternoon - just to make sure everything is in order for the arrival of our English/Dutch friends next week. Let me reassure you that the Teriyaki Wings, Chicken Quesedillas and Blackened Grouper are just as good as they have always been (can't vouch for the Sebring Sirloin, which I think is a marketing ploy to palm off excess shoe leather).
I drank a silly amount of 'merican draft and got a little sunburned - but this is a burden I have to bear in the name of quality control for my Sebring-bound friends.
I had words with Jay Herrington (mine host) and he's assured me that you will all get the VIP deal ( i.e. less likely to get shot to death than us locals). BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 07:22:35 am »

(can't vouch for the Sebring Sirloin, which I think is a marketing ploy to palm off excess shoe leather).

I remember the shoe leather steak well.  Must have been sober.   Sad

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »

Goddayam! We did a trial run at the FoF this afternoon - just to make sure everything is in order for the arrival of our English/Dutch friends next week. Let me reassure you that the Teriyaki Wings, Chicken Quesedillas and Blackened Grouper are just as good as they have always been (can't vouch for the Sebring Sirloin, which I think is a marketing ploy to palm off excess shoe leather).
I drank a silly amount of 'merican draft and got a little sunburned - but this is a burden I have to bear in the name of quality control for my Sebring-bound friends.
I had words with Jay Herrington (mine host) and he's assured me that you will all get the VIP deal ( i.e. less likely to get shot to death than us locals). BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

Matt, we truely appreciate you carrying out the quality control visit for us. By 'merican Draft I assume you mean "Sex in a canoe?" I am a little concerned to not hear how some of the other beverages are being controlled there. Is the Sam Adams still on draft and being served at the correct temperature, how about the Yeungling? Are the 9th Street Runners Band worthy of our audienece? How is Bob's Dancing Pig?

I know it's a bit of a burden but I feel as though we must send you back down there at least once, possibly four times, before our arrival on Friday afternoon! Purely for research purposes you understand Smiley

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:06 pm »

I wish I could help Matt out somehow.   Sad

Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2010, 04:58:48 pm »

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.
When I arrived yesterday lunch-time, Jay was up a ladder fettling the FoF sign. He was removing the proclamaition "Cornholing Here on Tuesdays!" Apparently the local cops had asked him to take it down because it was causing traffic problems with passing motorists stopping to take pictures of it.
I was extremely disappointed to learn that this reference to matters of the cornhole was somewhat different to my understanding of the term. Apparently it is a game of skill involving bean-bags - what a let-down.
I partook of the draft Budweiser, as they don't offer Guinness. Regardless of slurs about how crap it is deemed to be by you folks from the old country, it still gets you hammered if you drink enough of it - and I don't consider myself to be a beer pooftah, just yet.
Unfortunately, today I am sporting a most unflattering one-sided sunburn, rather like Richard Dryfuss in Close Encounters. This, I blame on 'forgetfulness' in rotating myself in order to get evenly browned (like a chicken in a rotisserie, you understand.)
FoF have Sam Adams in bottles and I'm not sure about the Jingling because I never drink the stuff.
Similarly, I avoid the Dancin' Pig, because I'm not partial to pulled pork - but my friends who are, swear by it.
If you cats need picking-up from the airport, I'm happy to oblige, but I'm not a f**k*ng mystic, so let me know your requirements. Those bearing PG Tips teabags, Migraleve and Sure Roll-On deodorant will be given preferential treatment, as always.
Safe travels Sebringites - see you all soon.
Laters

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2010, 07:33:03 pm »

I cornholed in Birmingham AL last June, with a realtor and his buddy!! It's good fun when pi$$ed, just like many pub games...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »

Mr Morgan, what you get up to in the privacy of your own hotel room is up to you.  You were, I assume, a consenting adult?

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2010, 08:45:27 pm »

None of us were very sober, including the driver.

But I was sober enough to know it was just the corn which was holed...
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »

Oh dear! Cornhole is a game invented right here in Cincinnati's western suburbs.  Apparently our good 'ole boys in Western Hills get too pissed to safely throw horseshoes, so they wisely decided chucking bean bags full of cracked corn at holes cut into bits a plywood was a better idea.  Got to be careful about who you tell that you play cornhole though....
We'll be at Sebring bright & early Sat. morning.  Probably hit Ollie Oyster up in Hudson Beach Friday night, best seafood dive I've ever gotten sh*t-faced in, and the oysters defy description.
Fax
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: