Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 10:13:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start of silly season, F1 drivers changing ships!  (Read 23281 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:16:51 pm »

First one I have seen confirmed.

Nico Rosberg - jumps ship  Smiley

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/oct/29/nico-rosberg-williams-formula-one-f1
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:20:58 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:55:44 pm »

mmmmmmmmmm Nico Rosberg, he's gawwwwgeous!!  Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:32:07 pm »

And it seems bernie has finally shut the door on Donninigton today.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:30:34 pm »

And it seems bernie has finally shut the door on Donninigton today.

will the GP for that slot now revert to Silverstone?

I'm sure the PD will find some reason not to.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:39:04 pm »

Yawn!  Does anyone really care who's driving in F1 now.  F1's really become a laughing joke at this point.  This season will probably go down as one of the most forgettable in history.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:52:04 am »

Hi Peter,
Life's good thanks, hope all's well with you and that your feeling better.  As far as the USF1 project?  I personally hope the wretched thing never turns a wheel.  I have nothing but comtempt for Peter Windsor, and think him one of the biggest dirt-bags to ever show up in the paddock of a racing circuit.
Fax
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:19 am »

Hi Peter,
Life's good thanks, hope all's well with you and that your feeling better.  As far as the USF1 project?  I personally hope the wretched thing never turns a wheel.  I have nothing but comtempt for Peter Windsor, and think him one of the biggest dirt-bags to ever show up in the paddock of a racing circuit.
Fax

Tell me what you think about the USF! project, all this beating about the bush -  Grin
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:24:44 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 05:45:26 pm »

Hi Peter,
Life's good thanks, hope all's well with you and that your feeling better.  As far as the USF1 project?  I personally hope the wretched thing never turns a wheel.  I have nothing but comtempt for Peter Windsor, and think him one of the biggest dirt-bags to ever show up in the paddock of a racing circuit.
Fax

Grape vine is saying that Peter Windsor has been removed from USF1 - How do you feel about having F1 racing in the USA?

There has been some interesting interviews with amongst others, Derek Daly and his views on his son racing single seaters in the USA. Basically, the career ladder goes so far, then the money from stockcars is too good to resist - Hence the lack of decent American single seat drivers.

Jeremy Shaw's program of Team USA is an interesting one, bringing good American single seater drivers over to Europe, indeed Connor di Phillippi won The Walter Hayes Trophey at Silverstone yesterday and Honda Performance Development has a program of fitting a 1.5l Honda Jazz engine to a formula ford to help grass roots racing.

I wonder if America would be more intersted if they had a front running driver??

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »

The USF1 project will have alot more credibility if Windsor's out of the picture.
Kind of hit it on the screws, the temptation to go stock car racing is too great to pass up, given that its much easier to land a competitive ride rather than plodding around in a mid-field car in the single seater ranks.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 08:43:50 am »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80002

Toyota are following Honda and Bridgestone out the door??

The Jap's really have fallen out of love with F1, shame as it looks like they may have finally found a driver who can put up a decent show.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8341602.stm

its now confirmed. Toyota are gone
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:14:06 am by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:41:45 pm »

Could see this coming a mile away, I stand by what I've said before, what the hell do the big manufacturers have to gain by being in F1 now, if you look at the costs involved, and the venues for the race meetings, what's the point?  How many cars are Honda and Toyota selling in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi?  Seriously WTF!
Toyota's NASCAR program costs a fraction of the F1 program, and they race in a country where they actually sell a few cars.
It's all about bang for the buck...
Fax
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »

Toyota's NASCAR program costs a fraction of the F1 program, and they race in a country where they actually sell a few cars.
Fax

Grin

So will Toyota do Le Mans - now or in the future?

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »

So will Toyota do Le Mans - now or in the future?

Hope they do!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 08:44:39 am »

looks like Renault are heading towards the open door as well, at this rate all the competition will have disappeared.

Well maybe the works teams, with the exception of Ferrari will be gone, replaced with a new breed of garagistes.

Renault works team may go, or at least be sold, but i suspect there motor will remain in the sport at least for a while.

I agree with Fax, the major car makers have little to gain in F1 and should stick to suppling engines.

As for Toyota at LM, I doubt it will happen next year as a works team, but there reletionship with Dome is well know. Maybe a bit of works support next year.

TTe I expect to have an R & D role for hybrids in motorsport, maybe WTC and a future GT or rally program.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 11:31:42 am »

Could see this coming a mile away, I stand by what I've said before, what the hell do the big manufacturers have to gain by being in F1 now, if you look at the costs involved, and the venues for the race meetings, what's the point?  How many cars are Honda and Toyota selling in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi?  Seriously WTF!
Fax

Agreed, I could never understand why Renault, Honda and Toyota invested this amount of money in F1 when they don't have a single sporty car in their range other than a couple of lairy front drive wheel-spinning hot hatches. They should be like Vauxhall/Opel and not even bother with motorsport as it's pointless to their dull products and image.

At least BMW and Mercedes - though I personally don't really like them - makes some proper rear wheel drive cars with a sporting edge.

Oh and do Peugeot make a single car a keen driver would actually want to drive?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: