Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 08:46:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doris Is Leaving - Let's See Her Off In Style!!!!  (Read 17385 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:34:34 pm »

As sad as it may initially seem, the time has come to say "au revoir" to a very good friend, and immense contributor to all that is Club Arnage.

As many of you know already know, "Doris", our Club Arnage Charity Organiser/Ambassador/President/"Miss" Bitch has decided to do the very sensible thing and desert these shores for a life of Vineyards, Wine, Space, Sun and Relaxation in her home country of New Zealand and who can blame her!

Doris has not only built a huge amount of respect and friendship in cyberspace through this forum for the work she has done for the CA Charities, but also in person with a lot of friends through her trips to Le Mans, Sebring, Le Mans Series races, GT Races, A1 GP Visits, supporting Tom Dunstan through his career and of course a series of social gatherings! There can't be many on CA that haven't experienced her charitable efforts or friendship over the years and I for one whilst wishing her the very best of luck in her new venture "back home" will certainly miss her when she has gone, and I'm sure I won't be the only one!

I hope that her return to New Zealand won't mean the end to her relationship with this forum, and I hope she still manages to visit Le Mans, Sebring, Petit Le Mans and other races to see us, and I equally hope we all have a chance to visit it in the Southern Hemisphere, whether it be a race at Bathurst or the Rugby World Cup  Smiley.

To Celebrate/Commiserate that she is leaving, we are planning a get together on Saturday the 31st October. The approximate itinerary of the day is as follows:

13:00 onwards:   Drinks in Twickenham, probably the "Gary Owen/Previously Rugby Tavern" or "Barmy Arms" TBC
15:00:                Harlequins versus London Irish at The Stoop. Doris, I and others have been regular supporters of London Irish for several years and it seems fitting that a match should be included in the day
20:00 onwards:   A get together at "The Gateway" in Reading town centre. (Our usual haunt after a London Irish game). Martin the Landlord is going to arrange for an Irish Band for the night at his expense  (shows how much Doris has contributed to his pub over the years!) I have suggested we will have some sort of "buffet" too, subject to contributions!
??:??               The bar will close at some time in the early hours. Martin will sort an extension accordingly!  Smiley

I hope several people will come to the rugby tickets and even more come to the pub in the evening. I am happy to try to co-ordinate this (subject to numbers) and would apprecaite anyone wanting to participate in any part, particularly anyone wanting tickets to the Rugby,  to let me know as soon as possible. Please let me know if you'd like to contribute towards the buffet!

I speak for myself, but I'm sure I am not alone, when I say I will really miss "Doris", I wish hell Health, Luck, Love, Friendship and Happiness in everything she does, and I know we stay in touch for years to come and will meet at a race track somewhere on the planet in the future!

Please indicate if you will attend as I need to let Martin know how many he can expect in the pub that night. I also need to need fairly soon how many rugby tickets i need to organise.

Estimated cost per ticket for the Rugby at this time is £25 TBC

Please RSVP by Friday 23rd October at the absolute latest to confirm if you'll attend the rugby and willing to contribute towards the buffet.

RSVP

Mark/JP Chenet
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:50:36 pm »

Hmm, only £45 for a return Dunkirk - Dover. But I have Harrison that weekend Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »

Hhhmm 31st of October. That is the one night a year that Mrs U goes out with her friends Grin

I will definately be there to see Doris off in style. Will let you know later if it is just me or not

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 02:14:05 pm »

Good luck Doris

One of our team emmigrated to NZ, not sure where but its the centre of the Pinot Noir growing area.  I trust that you're going somewhere similar.

On holiday on the 31st, but have one for me.  I haven't been in the Gateway for years.  Not since it was the Railway, but then it became a Scruffy Murphy's

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:28:48 pm »

It's quite scary to realise how poor this country will feel without our Doris

gonna miss you babe

I havent a clue about rugerby or any of that stuff but if I can get a passout look for me in a bar where you will be

(prolly near the door to the bog!)

I will try to get there

[fingers crossed mode on]

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
RockerRiert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:19:21 pm »

Afraid I can't make that. Wish you all, and Doris in special, a great leaving party.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »

Young Perdu - I will have to rely on you to pass on regards and thoughts as unfortunately I will be over in New York....

Bugger!

Now thinking as to various technical schemes that will allow Doris to be 'virtually' there next year......
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 05:53:56 pm »

Sorry JP, I am away that weekend but would have loved to have attended, please pass on our regards and good wishes to Doris, she will be sorely missed.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:02:13 pm »

All the best Miss Doris, besure you give my boy a good thrashing, beating, Butter slapping before you go will, try and make it.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »

She maybe returning to Kiwi land, but she damn well better be at Turn 10 come March.
Good luck Doris, see you at Sebring.
Fax
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 06:28:02 am »

All the best in Kiwiland, Doris, wonderful place to live, I had the chance to make 2 holidays there. Where will you be - North- or south-Island?

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:05:13 pm »

Sounds good - would be an honour to see the old gal off in style.  I'll let you know my arrangements etc.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 08:58:04 pm »

im away that weekend but please have a million beers on me is sending such a wonderful woman off home Smiley

All the best Doris and was a pleasure to meet you at Lemans Smiley

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

The event I kinda hoped I wouldn't have to attend.

Doris has been a huge part of the Le-Mans, Nurburgring, Random parties and debauchery scene for me since the start.  We don't always see eye to eye - in fact it's fair to say I know which buttons to push to really wind her up, but despite this, there's always been alot of love there.

I'll say all this on the day, but she'll no doubt forget it in a drunken, cider induced haze. So I'll put it here for prosperity.  Doris you've been an amazing companion on our trips together.  Fun and sassy, with an energetic and slightly aggressive edge.  I've had a great time partying with you, and I, along with the rest of Club Arnage are really going to miss you out there in Australia  New Zealand (it's all the same really!)

Thanks for the memories, and don't be a stranger - there's always a bed for you at our place (or a sofa, or a pitch in the shed).

We'll see you again soon no doubt - but I wish you the luck and happiness you truly deserve when you get back home.

Lots of love, hugs, and some slightly disturbing memories,

Brad
xx

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 03:50:34 pm »

She maybe returning to Kiwi land, but she damn well better be at Turn 10 come March.

I'll second that Cool

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: