Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 07:46:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Motorcycle Museum Fire  (Read 10483 times)
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 07:18:33 pm »

According to some news article I read, the fire started from the outside of the building. The article stated that the fire was started by a still glowing cigarette. That makes it even more unbelievable that the whole complex burns down that fast.

They are about to crack down on "passive drinking" next. I kid you not!

I wouldn't mind a little passive drinking.  Lay back and let some other blighter pay for stuff, and poor it down my throught Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 07:21:17 pm »

Its about to get wet, Isabel's here!
Fax

Isn't Ohio a little far inland for Isabel to cause damage?  I would have thought she'd weaken a lot by then.

Fax
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 07:08:12 am »

Hi Gib,
Yeah, we're far enough inland that we won't have to chase the trash cans & lawn furniture down the street.  Just in for a serious soaking tomorrow from what's left of her.  Some pretty hilarious footage earlier today from the outer banks of NC.  One of the networks had a very small woman of Asian descent reporting out in the thick of it and I swear to God they had her tied down with nylon straps!
Fax
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 09:54:47 am »

Just seen on the news that the health nazis reckon 4 pints should be classed as binge drinking. God help us all.
2 or 3 binges a day at LM?
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 10:14:38 am »

One of the networks had a very small woman of Asian descent reporting out in the thick of it and I swear to God they had her tied down with nylon straps!
Fax

Know what you mean Fax.  The UK TV news has been showing some US TV news clips showing how the local TV stations seem to be competing to see who can get their reporter into the most dangerous situation. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hope all is OK for you guys.

gib

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 10:20:16 am »

Just seen on the news that the health nazis reckon 4 pints should be classed as binge drinking. God help us all.

Truly laughable if these pathetic little morons wern't actually serious.  I heard one of the 'ladies' on the radio this morning, and I could't beleive my ears.  Shoot the f***ing lot of them.

Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 02:40:45 pm »

Truly laughable if these pathetic little morons wern't actually serious.  I heard one of the 'ladies' on the radio this morning, and I could't beleive my ears.  Shoot the f***ing lot of them.

I heard this too.. (a little off the thread..) and it was the way the reporter announced that it was causing the NHS a huge amount of money to deal with (his tone then implied) "the outrageous drinking binge habits of this country which has even reached the despicable level of 4 Pints"...

This was a BBC report on the radio. So basically we pay our licence fee for this chap to act like he's working for the Sunday Sport (nowt against the Sunday Sport - but if I want to read stuff like that, then I'll choose to pay for it in a shop rather than have the government tax me for it) It really does show the poor quality of a BBC journalist if they have to put that much spin in order to make their story's interesting. Mind you, they are only reading what's in the papers and passing it off as their own journalism. I often find that what I hear on the radio in the morning is actually word for word in all the papers, and sometimes it's from the previous day!

Sorry... another soap box of mine...  Roll Eyes

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 03:31:57 pm »

Perhaps the person who dropped the fag out side the motorcycle museum was indulging in 'binge smoking' Shocked

should we ban that as well Roll Eyes

B**l**cks to the lot of 'em Sad

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2003, 12:04:16 am »

Surely the binge drinkers have to buy their alcahol, which carries an excess tax which subsidises the NHS anyway??   Wink

So anyone who is binge drinking their four pints is paying more towards their state healthcare than someone who doesn't drink and is therefore entitled to the extra treatment!!   Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2003, 11:36:12 pm »

What makes me smile is when they say "we are the worst in europe for binge drinking, we should be more like the europeans."
I seem to remember the more relaxed opening hours in europe help, no having to finish work on friday and rush to get out to the pub for 8pm knowing you only have 3 hours to get loads of beer down your neck.
Barstards the lot of them.....

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2005, 12:31:23 pm »

Good News  Smiley  (over a year since the last post on this thread)

Following an 18 month rebuild and repair / restoration to an amazing condition of most of the damaged motorcycles, the museum has now reopened and is definately worth a visit.

I went there the other day and was very impressed with the level of restoration and preparation of the bikes.

Here's a link to my photos at Webshots if you fancy a look.
http://community.webshots.com/album/251394192WIMlir?40

Links to my other Le Mans and motorsport photos from here.
http://community.webshots.com/user/route66weasel

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: