Club Arnage
June 30, 2024, 07:29:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Ticket Ordering - yeah right!  (Read 18533 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:01:58 pm »

When I tried to order my tickets for next year's 24 hour race in the normal way at the ACO this year I was told to wait until 1st September when the tickets would be available fo sale online.

Well, I gave it a go at 00:01 today but I am not surprised to report that I cannot find anywhere on the ACO's website that will allow me to order tickets. It has not changed during the day either.

I have e-mailed the tieket office asking for clarification and will let you know in due course, if I get a reply.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:27 pm »

Send them a fax, and ask for confirmation of receival via email!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:31 pm »

I understand the race is cancelled and instead they are organising a drinks party in the factory where the beer is made...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:34:25 pm »

I have just heard from the ticket office.  They are closed until 1st October because of a reorganisation and won't be answering any queries or taking bookings until then.  So if I were you I'd get you faxes and e-mails prepared for then.  I'll try to phone them that morning to find out what's what.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:53:15 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:41:46 pm »

They are closed until 1st October because of a reorganisation

Hhhmmmm, why do brewerys and piss ups spring to mind?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:40:43 am »

Just had a letter from the ACO about my fax that I sent them on the 1st September. It is just as Termietermite says.

ACO says they won't take any bookings for next years race until the 1st October. Any booking sent before this date will have to be re-sent.

They say please regularly visit their website www.lemans.org for more information from mid September 2009.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 02:09:44 pm »

In the event that there's no on-line ticket office before the 1st October, my plan is to be at the ticket office when it opens on that day.  I'll be interested to find out once and for all if there are going to be proper sales from that date, and not just vague promises that we might have a chance at tickets.  AFAIAC that would be a huge step forward on the present system.  

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:43 am »

In the event that there's no on-line ticket office before the 1st October, my plan is to be at the ticket office when it opens on that day.  

Termie, would there be a chance you could bring our MB order too, if that would be the case?

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 01:27:24 pm »

In the event that there's no on-line ticket office before the 1st October, my plan is to be at the ticket office when it opens on that day.  

Termie, would there be a chance you could bring our MB order too, if that would be the case?
Naturally, as in the past, I'd be glad to submit other orders, assuming that no on-line ticket office opens before Roll Eyes.  But of course, what I don't know is how this will work now.  I kind of hope I'll be able to just pay and take away the tickets.  I know that's pie in the sky but in the best possible world this is how the new system will operate.  Thus I don't know how paper bookings will get dealt with.  But of course I'll try for anybody who wants to send me a form (although I will limit this to people I know as I dont' want to give my postal address to strangers, as I'm sure everybody understands.)

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:29 pm »

Are you thinking of going back to MB Paddy? Were you not happy with BN? I walked through MB a couple of times this year and there was no atmosphere, it all seemed a bit souless after what it used to be.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 02:03:21 pm »

The majority of the Dutch were missing to be at track side this year Undecided

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 02:21:15 pm »

Me too, Paddy.  BN was fine but nothing beats being trackside, imo.  If ever I get the chance to go back to MB, I will.  We make the atmosphere, not the campsite.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:06 pm »

Naturally, as in the past, I'd be glad to submit other orders, assuming that no on-line ticket office opens before Roll Eyes.  But of course, what I don't know is how this will work now.  I kind of hope I'll be able to just pay and take away the tickets. 

My apologies for completely reading over this reply earlier today! Thank you so much for offering!! If what you say would be the case, I would gladly pass you my cc details so you could pay for us. We'll keep in touch via other means of communication over this - is your email address still the same?

Drinking for Holland
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:41 am »

We felt the same moving to HA - nothing wrong with it at all but just takes too long to get to the track ....  Sad
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 12:24:14 pm »

To whom it may concern, you know what to do with it Wink

http://www.drinkingforholland.com/Paddy/LeMansBookingForm.pdf

Drinking for Holland
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: