Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 07:22:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Xmas beer in London ?  (Read 21247 times)
Raoul
CA Veteran

I'm Raoul!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2004, 01:48:51 pm »

Monday Robbo? Surely on Monday's it's the big nappy and lactating dominatix. Tuesday night is wetsuit night and wednesdays is zoo keeper and cheesegrater time. Thursdays is goats and fridays,well, it's five to five and it's Crackerjack. It is in this house anyway.

So as today is Thursday, who's bringin the goats tonight?? Maybe Big H can bring them along in the back of the Jag, unless Raoul is still camping out in there of course?!?!

Damn, You I was just going to turn up tonight and surprise BigH, we haven't met up since the race in June. I have now got my Visa and passport thanks to that nice Mr Prescott. I think they should name that Hillclimb after him!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2004, 02:15:21 pm »

So as today is Thursday, who's bringin the goats tonight??

I'm considering selling goat.  I reckon it'll go down well with the middle eastern and west indian communities at Le Mans.

Maybe I could bring along some tonight for people to try.

Here's a recipe I found -

Goatburger Rolls

1 pound ground goat
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans instant crescent rolls

Brown ground goat and drain. Mix cheese and onions, then crumble into meat. Put 1 spoonfull of the mixture onto each crescent roll, then fold up roll over mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, then bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until light brown.

Steve, er sorry, I mean Felix...

I wouldn't recommend eating a goat (so to speak). Anything that smelly and, well, so down right energetic in the sack is gowing to be very chewy.

Incidentally, it is a common misconception that the best "angle of attack" with sheep, goats or other cloven hooved mammals is to put their rear legs down the front of your wellies. The better way apparently is to have them facing you. That way you get all the old kissing, licking and ear nibbling too. Apparently. So I'm told.

See you later gents.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2004, 02:58:50 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

I wholly object to the goat references in this thread - my goat, the lovely Chevette, has been missing for a few weeks and I have a horrible feeling that you lot might know something about it!?

Anyway, sorry Me and Mr RS2 can't make it this evening, so near yet so far here in sunny Jersey.

BTW - the RS2 has gone, sold to some chap in Guernsey of all places who sold a TVR to buy it.

So, we need some new names - NICE NAMES - I might add, well a nice name for me anyway!! Wink Kiss

All ideas to be posted on the forum and I will decide on the best one.

Take heed anybody who comes up with something rude and/or obnoxious, I have friends in high places (right Smokie!)

love

Mrs exRS2 Babe
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2004, 03:53:01 pm »

Right, RS2, right. Whatever you say...  Wink

So...how does Yaris Babe sound to you?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2004, 04:11:08 pm »

Smokie and Mr Steve Brown (and anybody else on route) - I'm going to be droping the Panzer at around Hounslow South (on route down from Cambridge) and going in to the Argly on the Tube this evening, so if you want a lift back to your pads in jolly old Wokingham, you are welcome to hop in!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2004, 04:24:28 pm »

That's useful. Now I just need to get there!  Smiley

Unfortunately I can't make it. Family commitment...Mrs is out tonight, daughter needs collecting mid evening, and given that I've been out for the last 5 nights in a row without family, I am obliged to stay and get her...otherwise all hell will break loose.

Have a great time all, stay sober...(as if...)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2004, 05:45:57 pm »

"Unfortunately I can't make it. Family commitment...Mrs is out tonight, daughter needs collecting mid evening, and given that I've been out for the last 5 nights in a row without family, I am obliged to stay and get her...otherwise all hell will break loose."

Well that's a few no show excuses used in one hit and no Bean Oak brawls entertain the neighbours tonight then!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 05:47:08 pm by IRW » Logged
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 09:28:40 am »

Sorry for the no show last night chaps, feel victim to the unpredictability of my journey between Cambridge and Wokingham. Left Cambridge at 5.45 and didn’t get to the M4 until 8.15 then the traffic was backed up on the London bound side so I probably wouldn’t have got you guys until gone 9.30 -10! Rather thin excuse I know but I left the super sized Superman suit at home so had to put up with the success that is the M25???
Trust you had a good evening and a few beers for me.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year to you all.

Robbo, the cheques have stopped defying gravity now so will post to you, had the cash for you last night, but best not post crinkleys (as its been a while, I did put a confirmation of the order and a note to this effect on your other posting but it got deleted by the Lord Smokie for a reason known only to himself!)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 09:36:25 am by IRW » Logged
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2004, 09:53:20 am »

You big liar - you were home by 5 pm Cheesy bloody part timers.

Ok he wasnt, and sorry I couldn't make it but errrrm......

errrrmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

ummmm..........

i was shot?

Merry Xmas everyone.

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2004, 10:32:39 am »

Ill.

Very ill.  Tongue

A very interesting evening was had by all. I expect. There'll be a full report later no doubt by someone better briefed than me.

Wonder what happened to JPC? We lost him somewhere in Leicester square at about 1.30. On the walk back he kept vanishing and reappearing like a ghost. He'd become a little bit giddy I think and seemed to have lost the power of speech. I know you should never leave a wounded man behind but does it count if he keeps wandering off?

Finally our thanks go to Network Rail, cheers lads for locking Victoria station and making us queue outside in the cold.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2004, 12:02:12 pm »

Still recovering!!!!

Slept on the floor at Elvis's work. Bought a new shirt and am still being told that I look like sh*t and smell worse than normal Grin.

Why do I do this.

Oh well only another 6 hours untill I start all over again. Grin Grin
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2004, 12:06:33 pm »

Me and the chef got back to Portsmouth by 0145, but the 7am alarm call was hard work.

OIur thanks go to Mohammed, at Gurger King, Waterloo Station.

We ordered XL Double Whoppers, not a whopper with extra lettuce.

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2004, 01:10:53 pm »

Sorry for the no show last night chaps,

Lucky I wasn't depending on you a lift back then wasn't it!!

note to this effect on your other posting but it got deleted by the Lord Smokie for a reason known only to himself!)

I'm the Moderator and I can do what I like  Smiley Smiley

It was deleted as it was really a one-to-one discussion (use PM!)
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2004, 01:16:23 pm »

I feel great today Cool Those ten or so pints seem to have shifted my cold that's been hanging about all week. I do feel that I've picked up some sort of superbug from using public transport - last train home was packed, so I had to sleep standing up!.

Nice to see all you lads last night, I must apologise to Steve Brown  for spilling ale on his fine mens shoes... and to the poor young lady I mistook for a bloke... I'm sure if I think about it I could be apologising all day, so we'll leave it there. Top night. Grin

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2004, 01:58:23 pm »

Uuurgghh,
Have been sitting on the lavatory now for coming up to four hours. I'm a little worried that I'm starting to become transparent. I must have got a 'dirty glass' towards the end...

JPC are you receiving? I began to think you'd become a Christmas ghost of Olde London Towne, the way you kept disappearing behind us, and then reappearing several minutes later in front. It wasn't a good night for a park bench.

Which brings me to the journey home (?). Managed to scrape on the last train out of Waterloo at 1:30ish, but inexplicably alighted at Clapham Junction, several stops and many miles too soon. From there I was warmly greeted by a mini cab driver who'd been loitering behind a skip. He'd obviously been trained to keep an eye out for stumbling drunks who look lost. I'm risking a re-opening of the USA/Europe build quality debate again, but I'm sure that parcel tape was never an original equipment item for Ford in Europe. It looked like that was all that was holding the car together. That, and the crinkly notes he'd asked for, up front. Still, I can't complain, he got me home, even if I had to endure 40 minutes of very loud rap music. Really, I was more in the mood for some of Rusty's easy listening.

Great to see everyone, and a top night. Unfortunately, I can't speak for my bottom...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: